Page 689 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693699739789 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,335 of 17573

Lmao
    BB

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Lmao
    Did he bring the Coronavirus to deestablize the US and open it up to communism?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Now I want to make this abundantly clear. Hillary Clinton would have won regardless imo. However, nobody wants to watch a game where they think the refs are giving all the breaks to one team. It turns people off. Regardless I think this is a none factor. If the convention is brokered and the person with the most votes and delegates doesn't get the nomination, Trump should just take his victory speech that day.
    Sure, the Democratic establishment was hoping a longtime Democrat and not an outsider would win. I don't think anyone would disagree rationally. Anything they did, however, was a total non-factor. Bernie's complaining to the contrary, was false. It didn't determine the outcome. I hope you agree his current stance, stands in direct contradiction to four years ago. (For obvious, totally rational reasons)

And I agree with your last sentence and you know that. A contested convention is a terrible idea. Even moreso if it is orchestrated to take the nomination from the leader of the popular vote - regardless of whether that's Bernie, Bloomberg, or Thanos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    You weren't.

Bernie isn't my lord and savior.

Just more of you being wrong.
    I'm sorry you don't understand what equivocation is or how you were engaged in it. But I hope the next time some asshat tries to promote Bernie by being a d-bag online, you just say "That person is slime and doesn't represent most of us who support Bernie." Note the period at the end of that. The no further comment. No links to some other random example you want to pull out. Just a period.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm sorry you don't understand what equivocation is or how you were engaged in it.
    I understand what it is and I didn't engage in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    But I hope the next time some asshat tries to promote Bernie by being a d-bag online, you just say "That person is slime and doesn't represent most of us who support Bernie." Note the period at the end of that. The no further comment. No links to some other random example you want to pull out. Just a period.
    Promoting Bernie? You don't even remember what it was about.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

masha gessen
    @mashagessen
    My accidental experiment with writing articles critical of @PeteButtigieg and @BernieSanders in 2 consecutive weeks: It's Pete's supporters who have flooded my inbox with obscenities, demands that I go back to Russia (and learn English!), and threats to vote for Trump if not Pete

https://twitter.com/mashagessen/stat...11800849879040
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Thats just American politics though frankly. When the GOP invoke religious overtones and push the "If you dont obey your not a patriot button" of course people are going to hate them. Their policies are bonkers and destructive.

I mean over here we hate the Tories more then ever, but 10 years of government austerity followed by the rampant on air racism, classism, corruption and sheer ignorance tends to do that.
    Did you even read my post? It had nothing to do with "American political thought". Do you think the Soviet Union was a grand old nation where everyone was happy? If you do, I know a few people you could talk to who'd tell you otherwise.

Or, you could check out this (well-informed) Russian guy's Youtube Channel. Here is his video ranking soviet/Russian Leaders -

Last edited by Celgress; 02-29-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Prediction. Biden gets a comfortable South Carolina win. Strengthens him slightly for Super Tuesday where he flips some of the Bloomberg supporters he lost. Super Tuesday is still a largely good day for Bernie Sanders (early voting already happened and two days isn't enough to build enough momentum to flip everything). Sanders gets a massive California win along with Texas, Colorado and Massachussetts. The MA loss for Warren gets her out of the race. Warren has mostly Sanders and Biden cross over. So expect them to see a minor bump of a few percent (Warren's only at 10 nationally).

Now that SHOULD really tell Buttigieg and Klobuchar to get out of the race as they have no path.... but they will stay. Amy is not getting out until Minnesota had a say. Either way the race should really consolidate around Biden and Sanders and the longer people stay in the more it benefits Sanders. Sanders still has a slight lead head to head, but they are close enough where it could be a long primary. That said if Sanders wins like I think on Super Tuesday it might just be Biden chasing him to no avail

Last edited by Tami; 02-29-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Link isn't working for me for some reason

Link isn't working for me for some reason
    Yeah, the url glitched. I changed it, so I think it should be working now.
    edit, nope it's still glitching.

let me see what I can do.

Forget it. You can find it on the Washington Post's website. I don't know why the link gets **** out when I post it.

I couldn't fix the broken link, but I was able to post the link to the WP's Elections site. From there you can go to see the results.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-29-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I was disgusted by Trump's news conference. A public health crisis and all the fool wants to talk about is the Taliban so he can toot his own horn! Also, he sounded more clueless than usual and I heard he may have misidentified the person who died, unbelievable!
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-29-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Lmao
    *Sigh* CNN is sensationalist trash nowadays. I'm not the biggest fan of Sanders but comparing his rise to a possible global pandemic, c'mon...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I was disgusted by Trump's new conference. A public health crisis and all the fool wants to talk about is the Taliban so he can toot his own horn!
    Newsflash: Caramel Caligula has been doing that shit since day one. I’ve also heard the report that there had been a fatality from coronavirus in Washington state, Trump said it was a woman while CDC said it was a man. Just another day in Crazytown.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just going to address the responses to me.

1. You can't provide no evidnence and then challenge someone because you "so no evidence of that".
    "I'm only going to address the responses to me..." then comment on a situation to another poster? Seemed that first part wasn't necessary/true.

Like I said, if you want to go for the claim please quantify it. Sanders just had a building vandalized, he's had supporters who have been threatened with rape and racial slurs, I know at least two high end Clinton operatives who have already been exposed for smearing and trying to invade the personal lives of several progressives. We can go tit for tat if you want.
    Like I said, I see no evidence that it's as prolific. Not even close. That's not to say there isn't hate on all sides (sadly there is in politics, and life, GOD drag race has a shocking amount of hate). But like with Drag Race CERTAIN queens seem to have more aggressive fans than others. And with those queens I can't help but notice... why. And it's not separate from the queen. There's always a why. Hate doesn't just happen. Now when I said "I see no evidence of that" I mean literally that. I've not seen that. I look at Warren, Biden and Buttegieg's twitter, and the level of hate is noticeably more against them from two specific fan bases compared to the overall hate any politician gets from all corners of the world. If you say otherwise, I say... well, not on their Twitter pages at-least. I don't follow politics on Facebook and Instagram is for hot models and drag queens and cats. I don't follow any politics there either. So I'm sorry if my knowledge is limited, but that's my experience.

2. First off don't call me a "Bernie Bro". I went to a Warren rally last Sunday, I've campaigned in the past for Warren, I plan on voting for Warren on Tuesday. I just have the ability to not be myopic on which caniddates I prefer. The rest of your point was just ignorant. If you really feel confidant that an election that was almost universally about the Brexit topics, the victory speeches were about Brexit, the party that supported Brexit would stay down and Corbyn had low turnout in areas he needed to win largely because polls suggested Brexit was popular there.... somehow wasn't about Brexit..... I don't know how to help you at that point. It's kind of delusional to say it wasn't.
    Huh. Good to know. First I've seen of you mention Warren. Good to know.

As for Brexit, we'll have to agree to disagree. Brexit was a factor, but Brexit was not the reason he lead his party to one of the biggest Labour defeats in a hundred years. No. It's absurd to think one specific issue torpedoed his party so spectacularly. Brexit was ALSO an issue in 2017... and he did as good a job of fence sitting in that election too. The difference wasn't a change in Brexit attitude from his party. YES, his fence sitting was probably wearing people thin, as was Brexit in general... but it wasn't the party's same old non-determined attitude to Brexit (which they had since even before the referendum) that was losing voters. The longer he lead the party, the longer Momentum took strangle hold of the party (in collaboration with Corbyn), the longer people saw the nastiness grow in strength and attitude, the longer Corbyn had to offend and push away the moderates (both in his party and in the political field in general).

More MPs quit his party than I've ever heard happening. And they weren't citing Brexit. They cited CORBYN! But go ahead, think it was just Brexit. And do nothing to stop history repeating itself.

4. Yeah I'm not really into grouping people. There's some people on here that are just trolls, but then there are people like leviathon who aren't fans of Sanders but you can actually discuss things with. The more you generalize the less precise you are. I'd rather be accurate
    Coolio. You do you. I prefer the Oscar Wilde attitude; when I see a spade I call it a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yeah. I meant it regarding certain Sanders supporters, but it probably applies to Corbyn, too.
    Oh yes I know, that was clear in your post... I was drawing yet another parallel between Corybnistas and Bernie Bros. Apologies, should have been clearer in my train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Your motives don't matter to me. The truth does.
    That's the difference between you and me.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-29-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."