Page 69 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273791191695691069 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The Auto Industry would be my first guess. Current and former auto workers feel disillusioned by the decline of the industry and favor anyone who claims she or he can make their lives "better".
    Probably a good explanation. I'm surprised Biden doesn't have similar numbers. I'm also curious about Warren's edge in Arizona, that stands out to me as well.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And have higher morals, at least publically. Lex Luthor divested from his business empire.
    I can’t recall if Tony Stark divested when he became director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Thoughts?

My first reaction....Bernie has an edge in Michigan but not Biden? That....really makes me want to dig into why that would be.
    Probably because some of the assumptions you make are on shaky ground.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Probably because some of the assumptions you make are on shaky ground.
    *Checks Biden polling numbers* I think you misplaced that criticism.

Remember when you said Biden wasn't as strong in swing states? That's fun. We can rehash that...or we can just have a conversation on the interestint merits. Or I can remind you about your stupid, baseless unicorn again for the fifth time. I'd prefer the interesting merits, but if you want to look like a clown again that's on you.

Thoughts?

My first reaction....Bernie has an edge in Michigan but not Biden? That....really makes me want to dig into why that would be.
    Biden's still even in Michigan, and leads a little with likely voters. Sanders leads by two points more.

Sanders did do really well in the Michigan primary, so it could be a combination of a message that resonates there and some really good local news a few years back.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ichigan-upset/

Biden outperforms Sanders in the other states.

Oddly, Sanders is pretty weak in Arizona, the one state where Warren outperforms him, as well as in North Carolina, where he's tied with Warren.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

According to the link, Twitter denied the statement by an employee.

Twitter told Motherboard that this statement from the employee “is not [an] accurate characterization of our policies or enforcement — on any level.”
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yeah, saw this elsewhere. If there's meat to this story, that's pretty damning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    According to the link, Twitter denied the statement by an employee.
    I believe an employee more then I do a hackneyed corporate line.

Incredible Member

His argument seems to be that there was no quid pro quo, and if there had been a quid pro quo, there still wouldn't be anything wrong with it.
    More like if there is a quid pro quo! He's preparing his audience for the inevitable truth by saying it's normal, that's his line of defense from the beginning, hence Mulvaney's "Get over it!".

Biden's still even in Michigan, and leads a little with likely voters. Sanders leads by two points more.

Sanders did do really well in the Michigan primary
    , so it could be a combination of a message that resonates there and some really good local news a few years back.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ichigan-upset/

Biden outperforms Sanders in the other states.

Oddly, Sanders is pretty weak in Arizona, the one state where Warren outperforms him, as well as in North Carolina, where he's tied with Warren.
    "Well, Duh..." is about the most logical way to put that one.

The guy with the progressive ideas who won that primary in the past based on support for those progressive ideas seemingly has more support than a guy who is basically "Democratic Business As Usual..."

Mind blower if I've ever seen one.

*Checks Biden polling numbers* I think you misplaced that criticism.

Remember when you said Biden wasn't as strong in swing states?
    That's fun. We can rehash that...or we can just have a conversation on the interestint merits. Or I can remind you about your stupid, baseless unicorn again for the fifth time. I'd prefer the interesting merits, but if you want to look like a clown again that's on you.
    As for that, please quote the post.

What I actually said is that Biden is probably every bit as weak with certain parts of his own base(never mind voters in a General) as HRC ever was.

If there is some sort of polling that shows Biden being stronger than Warren/Sanders among younger members of the Democratic Party base, it shouldn't be all that hard to dig up.

"Well, Duh..." is about the most logical way to put that one.

The guy with the progressive ideas who won that primary in the past based on support for those progressive ideas seemingly has more support than a guy who is basically "Democratic Business As Usual..."

Mind blower if I've ever seen one.
    It's relevant that what helps Sanders in Michigan isn't helping in other states Democrats need to take back from Trump.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It's relevant that what helps Sanders in Michigan isn't helping in other states Democrats need to take back from Trump.
    Which doesn't really change that why Sanders would while Biden wouldn't isn't exactly some mystery that requires an investigation.

Which doesn't really change that why Sanders would while Biden wouldn't isn't exactly some mystery that requires an investigation.
    My comment was in response to someone asking about the polls.

We shouldn't assume that everyone else is so knowledgeable about the specifics of electoral politics to have come to a relatively nuanced conclusion about one candidate's strength in a particular swing state. It's also entirely possible that someone else has the same information we do, but has reached a different conclusion.

And it's relevant in the discussion to consider that while Sanders is doing better than Biden in Michigan, he's doing worse in Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets