Page 717 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727767817 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    It's been like this for months. I enjoy a slow-motion train wreck as much as the next guy, but this one's getting hard to watch as the bodies start to build up.

It's a microcosm of exactly why Trump will win again this year. Thirty years from now students being taught history will ask how Trump could have possibly been re-elected, an the teacher could just show them an archive of the last week of this thread and they'd get it completely. The Democratic party is committing suicide before our eyes.
    There isn't a doubt in my mind that the people who run the Democratic party would rather have four more years of Trump than have to deal with Bernie in the White House. At the end of the day, he represents a greater threat to their class interests, Trump just annoys their sensibilities but doesn't really hit them where it would really hurt.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    What does everyone think should happen at a brokered convention?

Should the person with the most delegates get the nomination?
    The top twp candidates should fight it out so the nominee has a majority of the delegates instead of only a plurality, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    There isn't a doubt in my mind that the people who run the Democratic party would rather have four more years of Trump than have to deal with Bernie in the White House. At the end of the day, he represents a greater threat to their class interests, Trump just annoys their sensibilities but doesn't really hit them where it would really hurt.
    If Bernie won, which is very unlikely, he would spend 4 years as an accomplish-nothing president, after which his movement would be history. Nothing for the DNC to worry about. If you honestly think they care more about keeping Bernie from power than freeing children from concentration camps and keeping Trump from nominating more judges, I can only ask you politely to put down le craque pipe, as the French say.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Do I prefer TOS Klingons or TNG Borg?
    I like both equally, although the Klingons were better in the OG movies than series (IMO).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    If Bernie won, which is very unlikely, he would spend 4 years as an accomplish-nothing president, after which his movement would be history. Nothing for the DNC to worry about. If you honestly think they care more about keeping Bernie from power than freeing children from concentration camps and keeping Trump from nominating more judges, I can only ask you politely to put down le craque pipe, as the French say.
    You joke about this, but it's honestly stunning how those refugee camps have just completely dropped out of the news cycle just like the Muslim ban. Your resistance doesn't seem to be working.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I like both equally, although the Klingons were better in the OG movies than series (IMO).
    While I grew up on the series' Klingons during the '70s, I have to agree with you. I just wish Enterprise hadn't tried to explain the discrepancy!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

As usual, you jump to the wrong conclusion.

You joke about this, but it's honestly stunning how those refugee camps have just completely dropped out of the news cycle just like the Muslim ban. Your resistance doesn't seem to be working.
    Because a movement that gets *chckes notes * 7 people elected to congress in a year about Trump is doing so much more then they are.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-02-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    While I grew up on the series' Klingons during the '70s, I have to agree with you. I just wish Enterprise hadn't tried to explain the discrepancy!
    I wish Enterprise hadn't happened period, lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    No he'd spend 4 years undoing half of Trump's **** that would make the country better and then making his movement mainstream. That includes the children in the camps. Biden will come in and give every criminal in the Trump admin a pass just like Obama did with Bush and then try with a worse Congress and less popularity to do the same things that Obama kinda got done in half measures and got rolled back. Probably will fail to because you aren't getting the Senate. I don't care who the Dem is, it isn't happening

Spectacular Member

the Muslim ban.
    What Muslim ban? Muslims come into the country on a daily basis to live, work, and visit. Banning individuals from a handful of countries known for their extremist violence that were hand-picked by the Obama administration in the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 is not in any way shape or form a 'Muslim ban.' It's unbelievable that after all these years we're still seeing people regurgitate these 'alternative facts' and hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Oh dear... it's the only series I just couldn't watch. I'm afraid to ask, HOW did they explain it? What was wrong with Worf's "we do not talk about it to outsiders" comment in Trial and Tribbleations?

No he'd spend 4 years undoing half of Trump's **** that would make the country better and then making his movement mainstream. That includes the children in the camps. Biden will come in and give every criminal in the Trump admin a pass just like Obama did with Bush and then try with a worse Congress and less popularity to do the same things that Obama kinda got done in half measures and got rolled back. Probably will fail to because you aren't getting the Senate. I don't care who the Dem is, it isn't happening
    Why is Sanders able to get tons done without the Senate, but Biden is told he won't get anything done because of the Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    What Muslim ban? Muslims come into the country on a daily basis to live, work, and visit. Banning individuals from a handful of countries known for their extremist violence that were hand-picked by the Obama administration in the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 is not in any way shape or form a 'Muslim ban.' It's unbelievable that after all these years we're still seeing people regurgitate these 'alternative facts' and hyperbole.
    China is still putting Muslims in concentration camps, maybe he's meaning that???
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-02-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

With Obama the choice was half measures or nothing, the same thing Sanders will get. His policies that pass congress or will be judged unlawful by the courts will be vulernerable to getting rolled back, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oh dear... it's the only series I just couldn't watch. I'm afraid to ask, HOW did they explain it? What was wrong with Worf's "we do not talk about it to outsiders" comment in Trial and Tribbleations?

Why is Sanders able to get tons done without the Senate, but Biden is told he won't get anything done because of the Senate?

China is still putting Muslims in concentration camps, maybe he's meaning that???
    So you know the Genetic Supermen that caused WW3 ? The ones that Khan is a part of ? Well they turn up again in an episode where Brent Spiner plays a forebear to the Doctor who makes Data. This guys a scientist who's been keeping up the gene-mod stuff despite it being illegal. Anyway shenanigans happen and his gene creations are all crazy and have to be killed. The klingons discover these "super men" though and try to make their own, it works....kind of, the process makes them lose their ridges. They start destabilising and one of them has a cold or something and the gene-mods become a virus so tons of Klingons lose their ridges and start dying till Phlox finds a cure. However they cant bring the ridges back.

Interestingly the comics work with this, the Ridgeless are seen as a sub caste and they get so pissed off they effectively overtake their society during the TOS era

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    So you know the Genetic Supermen that caused WW3 ? The ones that Khan is a part of ? Well they turn up again in an episode where Brent Spiner plays a forebear to the Doctor who makes Data. This guys a scientist who's been keeping up the gene-mod stuff despite it being illegal. Anyway shenanigans happen and his gene creations are all crazy and have to be killed. The klingons discover these "super men" though and try to make their own, it works....kind of, the process makes them lose their ridges. They start destabilising and one of them has a cold or something and the gene-mods become a virus so tons of Klingons lose their ridges and start dying till Phlox finds a cure. However they cant bring the ridges back.

Interestingly the comics work with this, the Ridgeless are seen as a sub caste and they get so pissed off they effectively overtake their society during the TOS era
    I blame Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post

Ahhhhhhh! So basically all the Klingons the Federation meet in TOS are merely this one type of Klingon, and all others have ridges that were safe on the home world? Actually... that's not the worst justification I've heard.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."