Page 718 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718719720721722728768818 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I blame Sanders.
    Colonel Sanders.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    With Obama the choice was half measures or nothing, the same thing Sanders will get. His policies that pass congress or will be judged unlawful by the courts will be vulernerable to getting rolled back, too.
    The is the compelling argument for Biden if you are conceding that scenario. Obamacare is ruined beyond repair, it was campiagned against SUCCESSFULLY his entire term which got us in this congressional mess and probably cost him a Supreme Court pick, it faces another Supreme Court challenge with worse odds. And that's the big thing he got done. All the smaller things were pretty much destroyed. The economy is getting abused, all of his executive actions are done, his international deals are gone.

Where is Biden going to succeed where a more popular Obama with a better Congress did not?

At least a candidate with a different ideology might get his big thing to be something somewhat popular that might stick

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    At least a candidate with a different ideology might get his big thing to be something somewhat popular that might stick
    I thought Obamacare was popular with the people? Or was I in an echoing chamber for that?

Colonel Sanders.
    That's good eatin'

Damn. Now I want fried chicken...
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The is the compelling argument for Biden if you are conceding that scenario. Obamacare is ruined beyond repair, it was campiagned against SUCCESSFULLY his entire term which got us in this congressional mess and probably cost him a Supreme Court pick, it faces another Supreme Court challenge with worse odds. And that's the big thing he got done. All the smaller things were pretty much destroyed. The economy is getting abused, all of his executive actions are done, his international deals are gone.

Where is Biden going to succeed where a more popular Obama with a better Congress did not?

If Biden can't do it, why would Sanders do any better? At least we have Obamacare, with all its faults. That's not likely with a presidential candidate who campaigns on attacking his own party as the enemy.

Astonishing Member

Wow Chris Matthew is announcing his immediate retirement tonight live on MSnbc

Hardball over. Good they should give that slot to Ari also

Holy **** he didn't even finish the show bye and peace out
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-02-2020 at 05:06 PM.

As a complete side note: I learnt today a gay man is credited with inventing the high five. HOW COOL IS THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

Ohhhhhh, do you think it's because of the misogynistic questions he was asking the female candidates? (or am I mistaking him with another commentator?)

If Biden can't do it, why would Sanders do any better? At least we have Obamacare, with all its faults. That's not likely with a presidential candidate who campaigns on attacking his own party as the enemy.
    Because Biden is a muggle, and Sanders is a wizard. Duh!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

Thank you i guess i am cheering in Central Park. Can Chuck Todd be next.
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-02-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Feel the Bern:
    Breaking: Chris Matthews, longrunning host of “Hardball” on MSNBC, said Monday that he is resigning from the program, an abrupt exit prompted by a series of recent gaffes and controversies.

Matthews, 74, made the announcement at the start of his program, effective immediately.
    BB

Colonel Sanders.
    I always liked "Saint Bernard".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    What Muslim ban? Muslims come into the country on a daily basis to live, work, and visit. Banning individuals from a handful of countries known for their extremist violence that were hand-picked by the Obama administration in the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 is not in any way shape or form a 'Muslim ban.' It's unbelievable that after all these years we're still seeing people regurgitate these 'alternative facts' and hyperbole.
    Yeah it must be that Trump derangement syndrome, us libs are just sooooo melodramatic about everything.

Biden can't do ANYTHING, his entire campaign is based on the idea of him just being an empty suit that will be electable because he doesn't offend moderate white voters as much as Trump does, and with all his gaffes on the campaign trail he can't even do that. No offense to Jim Clyburn, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that his endorsement isn't going to matter much to swing voters in the general.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 03-02-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    As a complete side note: I learnt today a gay man is credited with inventing the high five. HOW COOL IS THAT?

Ohhhhhh, do you think it's because of the misogynistic questions he was asking the female candidates? (or am I mistaking him with another commentator?)

Because Biden is a muggle, and Sanders is a wizard. Duh!
    That was clearly it. He specifically apologized and brought it up suggesting he was from another era and its time the youngsters who are ready step up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Biden can't do ANYTHING, his entire campaign is based on the idea of him just being an empty suit that will be electable because he doesn't offend moderate white voters as much as Trump does, and with all his gaffes on the campaign trail he can't even do that. No offense to Jim Clyburn, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that his endorsement isn't going to matter much to swing voters in the general.
    This is an argument against Biden, not one to lift up Sanders. What does Sanders offer that will be any different in congress? Biden isn't the only candidate with gaffes, Sanders put his foot in his mouth about Cuba during a debate. You're not disproving anything I said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I thought Obamacare was popular with the people? Or was I in an echoing chamber for that?

That's good eatin'

Damn. Now I want fried chicken...
    You were in an echo chamber. It got more popular once he left office. His entire term it was an albatross around his neck that polled negatively and the Republican Party ran against to gain a majority in Congress and an abundance of data backs this up. This doesn't meanit was a bad policy, it means they couldn't see it well.

Astonishing Member

Pete is with Biden now in Dallas formally endorsing

Extraordinary Member

That's not the point. The point is that I like Sanders policies and I don't like Biden's. The counter I keep hearing is "well Sanders won't get much done anyways. There's zero evidence Biden would fare any better. And you have no really data to point to that makes it more likely.

So it's a matter of one candidate with superior policies having a hard time passing it vs a candidate with mediocre polcies having a hard time. Pretty easy choice for me. And no you got a water'd down Obamacare without the public option that needed to be passed via reconciliation that got completely undermined by multiple courts and is becoming unaffordable and you needed a popular President and one vote shy of a supermajority to do it.

Biden isn't getting something like that done with the current Congress. Biden is also probably not going to prosecute all the criminal activities of the Trump administration either based off how his last admin went. Biden is also more to the right of Obama and has a worse voting track record. So there's no reason to think he's going to be anymore successful so I'm going to prefer the one whose policies I like better.

More importantly I think Biden's going to lose because his strength right now is based off states he can't win in a general