Page 735 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745785835 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 17573
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Bloomberg might win American Samoa

Might be his only win

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    An argument could be made that they were effective in achieving many of those goals in the most recent midterm elections.

With moderate candidates focusing on basic issues.

Not everyone in the party wants to accept that, however.

-----
    "Democrats won House popular vote by largest midterm margin since Watergate"

"With votes continuing to be tallied more than two weeks after Election Day, Democrats hold a lead over Republicans in the House popular vote by more than 8.6 million votes.

That's the largest total victory in a midterm House election since Democrats defeated Republicans by more than 8.7 million votes in 1974, just months after President Richard Nixon resigned from office in disgrace."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...ergate-n938996
    Sure, they took back the House but I don't know it was with a great resurgence of those demographics that the Party lost years ago.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    People said that Sanders could get the minority and youth vote and turnout that we hadn't seen. And that's how he beats trump. But so far that "massive" youth vote hasn't materialized. And hes made 0 inroads since 2016 in the actual black vote in the South. He may and probably will get a bunch still in Texas and California later. But, so far where is this massive coalition of people that don't normally vote but would magically come out only for Bernie?
    I don't expect to see the youth until the general election. The stereotype is that young don't come out as strong during primaries and mid-terms.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't expect to see the youth until the general election. The stereotype is that young don't come out as strong during primaries and mid-terms.
    So people just go on faith with their votes that Sanders has a movement and can bring some massive wave that can't be quantified? But, sure in the general it will happen. I mean look I voted for Bernie here in TX. But, this narrative that hes got broad support with all these demographics and hes got a massive movement of youth vote that will ONLY vote for him so you better not nominate any one else.

Why cant that movement show up so far to get him the nomination itself?

And again its early he might win big and still come out on top.

But, it is highly concerning the exit polling so far showing him getting annihilated with the backbone of the Democratic party and the African American vote.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Nobody progressive likes the status quo, including large portions of the Democrats who aren't Sanders supporters. That's no excuse for him to be as divisive as possible, like he's anti-Obama. It's a myopic stance which will hurts him when he's in congress and as president. The Democrats without a Big Tent party become irrelevant, Sanders never got that. Sanders won't appease those change voters, he'll lose them like Obama did when he can't make his promises real. This isn't about why people support him, it's what he does with other factions in the party with that backing. For someone who's been a professional politician long than most of us have been alive he doesn't get how alliances work.
    How he actually governs if he becomes president is a whole different kettle of fish. I just think where he does and doesn't get support from among voters/the party is interesting.

Warren might just win Mass.

While it's not the front page news, Jeff Sessions could wind up in a run off.

Astonishing Member

3 hours waiting in line in Austin just on MSNBC at University of Texas campus.

That's awful the line they just showed at my old Library is embarrassing but good on all of them for sticking with it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    So people just go on faith with their votes that Sanders has a movement and can bring some massive wave that can't be quantified? But, sure in the general it will happen. I mean look I voted for Bernie here in TX. But, this narrative that hes got broad support with all these demographics and hes got a massive movement of youth vote that will ONLY vote for him so you better not nominate any one else.

Why cant that movement show up so far to get him the nomination itself?

And again its early he might win big and still come out on top.

But, it is highly concerning the exit polling so far showing him getting annihilated with the backbone of the Democratic party and the African American vote.
    What can I say? Young people are flakey! I mean, this has been the trend for a long time.

Besides, no matter who you support it's still a toss up. Last week, people thought Biden was done for...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The straight path doesn't exist, and Sanders certainly won't be making it once he's president. Putin will exploit this because it's very difficult obstacle for the Dems to overcome.
    It's a bad faith argument regardless -- Democrats have worked to provide affordable health care for all Americans for decades (including Hillary whose first major political effort was to enact universal health care legislation) and the primary reason it's been done incrementally is because of Republican opposition.

He knows that, which is why he can't or won't say how Sanders will do any better against the exact same opposition.

Instead, he just constantly works at dragging Democrats down.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-03-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cool, wonder if Warren will win some of the other States not today.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Cool, wonder if Warren will win some of the other States not today.
    She was i n the lead briefly, now she is running a close race to 2nd place. Might end up in third place.

Astonishing Member

Bloomberg to reassess his campaign NBC reporting. These turnout results for Virginia particularly WOW.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The polls I see make it look like she might get third. I love her but she is damaging herself right now