Page 741 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744745751791841 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Do I look like Joe Biden to you? I'm sorry if you are offended by the assertion that black people could somehow be influenced by what they see on TV or hear from community leaders like everyone else on the planet, but I'm not going to budge on what I said.
    Just wanted to give you a chance to not double down on an awful opinion. Clearly, you have made your values known: Bernie Purity > racist comments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Or a lot of us just could not like Sanders as much as you do.
    That's fine, you've made your decision and I can accept it, just don't be surprised when Biden leaves you high and dry in the general to chase those white suburbanites in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Just wanted to give you a chance to not double down on an awful opinion. Clearly, you have made your values known: Bernie Purity > racist comments.
    Indeed I would prefer to stay loyal to Bernie rather than make racist comments, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 03-03-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

That's fine, you've made your decision and I can accept it, just don't be surprised when Biden leaves you high and dry in the general to chase those white suburbanites in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
    If it helps him win the general election, more power to him -- this is a political contest, not a marriage where he can only have one partner.

He's better than Trump, and I'm sure Obama and Clyburn will keep him honest with regards to his responsibilities to those who helped him win the nomination.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-03-2020 at 10:47 PM.

BANNED

Indeed I would prefer to stay loyal to Bernie rather than make racist comments, wouldn't you?
    Except you made a racist comment to justify why Bernie is losing. What you said is awful.

You should consider the cost of total adulation if it leads you to say such things.

Even though Warren was my first choice, I voted for Bernie as he has the better chance of winning. If Biden comes out on top, so be it. It’s not a huge conspiracy by the DNC. People have had a chance to hear both sides. Biden’s bad to average debate performances speak for themselves. He gaffes through his rallies and doesn’t stand for much other than he’s not Trump. But all of that doesn’t seem to be deterring people. We’ve been programmed to accept the status quo and it’s incredibly depressing but I will never join the “burn it to the ground if my side doesn’t win” mentality.

Maybe in 10 to 15 years when the Boomers have diminished we can bring about some real change.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-03-2020 at 10:51 PM.

BANNED

If it helps him win, more power to him.

He's better than Trump, and I'm sure Obama and Clyburn will keep him honest with regards to his responsibilities to those who helped him win the nomination.
    I guess I should probably expound a bit on why exactly I hate this idea of Biden as some kind of crusader for racial justice so much. I'm Asian, which means that I belong to a wholly irrelevant voting bloc in American politics, and therefore Biden doesn't care about pandering to me or people like me because my vote doesn't really matter. There is ZERO chance I could have a conversation lasting more than two minutes with him without him saying something ignorant or offensive, not that he would even realize it. I've been around these kinds of people my entire life and I honestly just wish that they would stop fucking pretending to care about diversity or inclusion because somebody told them they had to, and just come out and say what they really thought.

The one and only guiding principle in Joe Biden's life is whichever way the wind blows. We probably won't even have to wait until the general to see him pivoting on race issues, since the primaries in the South are mostly done now and he can start finding new targets to pander to.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 03-03-2020 at 10:53 PM.

I can never, in my wildest imagination, see myself uttering a sentence that involves the words 'staying loyal to Bernie'. For that matter, I could never see myself uttering those words about *any* politician.

Mighty Member

Looks like Super Tuesday is Biden's night. I prefer Bernie, he has the better chance of beating Trump, but he'll need Warren's support if he has any chance to win. Time for Elizabeth, Democratic candidate, to show her quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I can never, in my wildest imagination, see myself uttering a sentence that involves the words 'staying loyal to Bernie'. For that matter, I could never see myself uttering those words about *any* politician.
    But remember, not a cult.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Even though Warren was my first choice, I voted for Bernie as he has the better chance of winning. If Biden comes out on top, so be it. It’s not a huge conspiracy by the DNC. People have had a chance to hear both sides. Biden’s bad to average debate performances speak for themselves. He gaffes through his rallies and doesn’t stand for much other than he’s not Trump. But all of that doesn’t seem to be deterring people. We’ve been programmed to accept the status quo and it’s incredibly depressing but I will never join the “burn it to the ground if my side doesn’t win” mentality.

Maybe in 10 to 15 years when the Boomers have diminished we can bring about some real change.
    Please, stop reminding me...

BANNED

The idea of loyalty is a bridge too far for you? Not switching your support to another candidate out of expediency makes you a crazed lunatic? No wonder Democrats always lose elections, they're so concerned with maintaining this enlightened detachment that they just fold at the first sign of pressure every time. You might think loyalty is a crazy concept, but good luck getting anything done when everyone is working their own agenda and ready to switch sides at the drop of a hat.

I gotta admit I got some joy out of seeing Bloomberg win...American Samoa. Where he spent like, $2000.

Ultimate Member

I guess I should probably expound a bit on why exactly I hate this idea of Biden as some kind of crusader for racial justice so much. I'm Asian, which means that I belong to a wholly irrelevant voting bloc in American politics, and therefore Biden doesn't care about pandering to me or people like me because my vote doesn't really matter. There is ZERO chance I could have a conversation lasting more than two minutes with him without him saying something ignorant or offensive, not that he would even realize it. I've been around these people my entire life and I honestly just wish that they would stop fucking pretending to care about diversity or inclusion because somebody told them they had to, and just come out and say what they really thought.
    How are Asians irrelevant? Maybe it's because I lived in Cali for a long time but I've never seen Asians as irrelevant in politics or anywhere else.

Yang, Lieu, Hirono -- they are some of the best and most forward thinking members of the Democratic party.

You just sound like you might just be around the wrong people -- I never had those problems with my friends growing up, white, black, Asian or otherwise.

As for Biden, you haven't made it clear what you want from him -- all you've done is criticize him for signing crime bills and not being Bernie Sanders.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-03-2020 at 11:05 PM.

The idea of loyalty is a bridge too far for you? Not switching your support to another candidate out of expediency makes you a crazed lunatic? No wonder Democrats always lose elections, they're so concerned with maintaining this enlightened detachment that they just fold at the first sign of pressure every time. You might think loyalty is a crazy concept, but good luck getting anything done when everyone is working their own agenda and ready to switch sides at the drop of a hat.
    My solidarity and loyalty do not belong to a politician or a political party, least of all to a *particular* politician.

BANNED

How are Asians irrelevant? Maybe it's because I lived in Cali for a long time but I've never seen Asians as irrelevant in politics or anywhere else.

You just sound like you might just be around the wrong people -- I never had those problems with my friends growing up, white, black, Asian or otherwise.
    Well I do live in a different part of the country that isn't nearly as diverse, and I try not to be around those people if I don't have to, and I definitely avoid voting them to be president at all costs.

My solidarity and loyalty do not belong to a politician or a political party, least of all to a *particular* politician.
    Get ready to lose then. Your enlightened centrism won't mean a damn thing if the other side is organized and united and we aren't.