Page 743 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745746747753793843 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Looks like Biden wins Texas, 33% to 29% for Sanders, with Bloomberg and Warren following at 15 and 11 percent respectively.

Still, depending on county-level breakdowns, Sanders and Biden should both get a respectable delegate haul. For all the talk about a brokered convention to 'steal' the nomination from Bernie, what happens if Biden is in the lead with a plurality but not a majority?

Turnout in Minnesota was apparently up 300% o.O
    We're talking about the scenario that Biden would not raise his hand to agree with during a debate, right?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    We're talking about the scenario that Biden would not raise his hand to agree with during a debate, right?
    I didn't see that part of the debate so I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I didn't see that part of the debate so I wouldn't know.
    Copy that.

To me?

If it stays even sort of close and the guy that wouldn't back the assertion during a debate changes his mind to take the nomination?

That political attack ad all but writes itself.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If there are five contenders within spitting distance of each other, this would matter and Joe would have to, if he were honest, acknowledge his position cuts both ways. But a duel between two potential nominees ends up being an Obama/Hillary argument for the convention, rather than a William Seward/Abraham Lincoln/Salmon Chase/Edward Bates/Simon Cameron one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn
    I mean, words have meaning, you can't just go around declaring statements as gaffes just because you didn't like what he said.
    A gaffe is making a blunder. Sanders said the equivalent of saying Osama bin Laden was a great student at Harvard in a presidential debate. How is that not a blunder?

The thing is that because Bernie is, you know, a honest person and not some perpetual liar always trying to pander to this or that demographic, there's very little chance of the truth accidentally slipping out like it often does with the likes of Biden or Bloomberg.
    This has nothing to do with what a gaffe is.

And how exactly is Castro on the same level as Bin Laden? Unless I'm missing something, Castro never killed any Americans, actually it was us who supported the dictator he overthrew, us who tried to invade and take over his country, us who are still operating a goddamn torture camp on Cuban soil.
    You've missed everything. Castro participated in an act that let the USSR park nuclear missiles on our doorstep, the world was lucky to survive that in tact. Do you have any knowledge about how terrifying and hopeless the world was like during the Cold war, Castro wasn't on our side. Castro set up kangaroo courts once he came to power and I quote "revolutionary justice is not based on legal precepts, but on moral conviction." He had absolute power, he made himself a king and other ranks when it suited him - there was no democracy involved with this. Castro was for giving political prisoners rough treatment and solitary confinement, so he was ok with torture. He didn't believe in elections. He persecuted political opponents and "social defiance" AKA prostitutes and gay men (who are forced into labor camps, 72 people died from torture there). He wiped out businesses wholesale in The Great Revolutionary Offensive for just being businesses, it was inspired by Mao's Great Leap Forward. He was an authoritarian. Cuban shifted from a right wing dictator to a left wing dictator.

Edit: In addition to this he had a long alliance with the USSR, America's biggest enemies during the Cold war.

Explain to me what exactly Cuba did that was so bad that they deserve this reputation?
    Don't you know what the Cold War is or the Cuban Missile Crisis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

I refuse to believe that you're this oblivious to world history.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-04-2020 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Biden accepting Pete's endorsement and talking about how Pete reminds him of his son Beau...anyone who knows about Biden knows the man would not say that lightly. And Pete realized it too and got teary-eyed in the background. It was the most wholesome and heartfelt moment I've seen in politics in a while.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    You kind of touched on why Biden is suddenly doing well though, the vast majority of voters, sad to say, don't really care about the issues and just want to side with a winner. But just a few days ago, Biden's campaign looked dead in the water, he never had any grassroots support, his debate performances were poor, and he wasn't competitive in the early primaries. .
    So... He looked like a loser, but then surged because people like siding with a winner?

Huh?

Biden surged ahead of Sanders in Michigan polling. Even I didn't see this coming, at least not in polls taken before Suuuuuuper Tuuuuuuesday.

https://twitter.com/2020ElectionPo1/...192509441?s=19
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 03-04-2020 at 01:14 AM.

IMG_20200304_085341.jpg

Nancy Pelosi will not face a Republican in the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Nancy Pelosi will not face a Republican in the general election.
    Not surprising, her district's in San Francisco.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Further down in that Wasserman thread, I noticed this exchange between Rachel Maddow and Bernie Sanders Surrogate Shaun King.
    https://twitter.com/maddow/status/12...720456704?s=20

King: BREAKING: @MSNBC & @maddow just reported that multiple “senior officials” within the Democratic Party are interfering with the primaries to stop @BernieSanders. They reported that the party has asked Bloomberg to drop out so that Biden would have an easier time against Bernie.

Maddow: What? No. I didn’t report any such thing.
    Just... Another WTF from Sanders supporters looking for answers, and doing all the wrong things when they can't find one they like.

I get where Pwrd on is coming from. He thinks Biden is the Nixon of this video.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Super Tuesday Stuff:

Joe Biden’s Super Tuesday

5 Takeaways From Super Tuesday’s Democratic Presidential Race

Bernie Sanders Slams Joe Biden On Iraq, Social Security After Super Tuesday Results

Mike Bloomberg Set To Reconsider Campaign After Super Tuesday Flop

Jeff Sessions Fails To Win GOP Nomination For His Old Senate Seat Outright

====================

In other news:

Dramatic Photos Show Destruction From Deadly Nashville Tornadoes

The storms caused multiple buildings to collapse.

Trump’s Coronavirus Rhetoric Has Some Supporters Unworried, Claiming It Doesn’t Exist

Some at Trump’s North Carolina rally said they doubted the deadly coronavirus even exists. Let's see what happens after these emptyheaded idiots come down with the virus. Trump's rhetoric is damn dangerous and could cause the virus to spread if those idiots don't practice proper hygiene.

Los Angeles Sheriff Admits Deputies Took, Later Deleted Kobe Bryant Crash Photos

“The behavior is inexcusable,” Sheriff Alex Villanueva said of the deputies who took and disseminated the photos.

Report: Texas Rapidly Reduced Number Of Polling Sites In Black and Latino Communities

Data shows Texas officials have quickly closed polling places in some of the most diverse, rapidly growing regions of the state.

Donald Trump’s Latest Twitter Typo Is A Real ‘Chocker’

“Like when you chock on your covfefe?” one person fired back online. Heh! I like that one!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Further down in that Wasserman thread, I noticed this exchange between Rachel Maddow and Bernie Sanders Surrogate Shaun King.
    https://twitter.com/maddow/status/12...720456704?s=20

Just... Another WTF from Sanders supporters looking for answers, and doing all the wrong things when they can't find one they like.
    Shaun King is a fraud and a grifter and a serial fabulist. He's *not* a good guy.

https:// medium . com /@deray/on-shaun-king-351bd812318c

The heck? I can't link medium .com? o.O
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-04-2020 at 02:21 AM.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Susan Lynn, of the Tennessee House of Representatives, from District 11. We noted at the time that Susan Lynn has been a guest on Alex Jones' spectacularly insane InfoWars radio show to declare that the state of Tennessee's sovereignty has been unconstitutionally violated (the Supreme Court does not agree), and has repeatedly pushed for nullification legislation to assure that the state of the Tennessee does not follow the federal government. Lynn also has taken to the floor of the Tennessee House to try to put a prohibitive ban on the implantation of microchips into human beings, voicing concerns how such a practice could lead to someone being given "Satan's stamp", aka the Mark of the Beast via such a procedure (seriously, she did that). Lynn has also voted to legalize carrying firearms in bars, enact stricter Voter ID laws, block the Medicaid Expansion, and bring back the electric chair as a possible method of execution. Right before we profiled her, she also made national headlines by submitting legislation to ban Muslim "no go zones" in the United States where people of other faiths outside of Islam are supposedly forbidden to pass... based on the Fox News narrative that such places exist in Paris or Dearborn, Michigan (they don't, of course). In our first update on her, we added her vote for HB 615, the highly unconstitutional attempt by the Tennessee GOP to make The Bible the state book, and finally, her vote for HJR 529, a resolution to express their disagreement with the Supreme Court on the Obergefell v. Hodges ruling.

Lynn has referred to transgenderism as “a mental disorder, and has been distributing anti-Muslim propaganda DVDs with clever names like “AMERICA’S MOSQUES EXPOSED!” to fellow legislators over the past several years. She also made the bold decision to co-sponsor legislation to recognize Jerusalem as the national capital of Israel, because apparently she’s looking to stir up that Holy War she’s been afraid of with Muslims for the past several years.

Susan Lynn was hardly letting the democratic process play out like a normal politician would with the threat of the “Blue Wave” coming in 2018. Instead, Susan Lynn decided to “tip off” the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and send them to raid the home of her 2018 opponent, Jeremy Hayes, accusing him of “living outside the district and voting outside of the district. Hayes is only temporarily living with his grandmother, helping her as she’s been undergoing treatment for stage 4 kidney failure, but hey, let’s just watch the GOP’s District Attorney General try and file search warrants and raid the homes of candidates running against their own party members. Nothing shady or fascist about that, right? This isn’t even a coincidence… Lynn ADMITTED she was the one who “informed” on him in a gutless move.

Regrettably, even in light of that tasteless moment, Susan Lynn won re-election in 2018 with 68% of the vote.

As such, she’ll be allowed to continue sponsoring very, very important and not-at-all obviously unconstitutional legislation like putting “IN GOD WE TRUST” signs up in all public schools around the state, which in no way is a violation of the separation of church and state while assuring that it wouldn’t bother “faithless people, or sponsoring anti-choice legislation that would flat out ban the majority of abortions in the state.

The sooner the Volunteer State is rid of this twit, the better.