Page 75 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879851251755751075 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Making Texas, Kentucky, and Arizona battleground states is a feat in and of itself, even if he ekes out the win.

That does not bode well for the future of the party.

And then there's that.
    Arizona and Texas are already battleground states. I know people hate the Electoral College, but as populations grow and become more and more urbanized.....it may become an insurmountable obstacle for Republicans at some point. Things change of course, but trends are great on this. Only a couple of former blue states have switched to battlegrounds whereas the biggest red state (Texas) is teetering to full scale purple. And will almost certainly be in play from this point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Arizona and Texas are already battleground states. I know people hate the Electoral College, but as populations grow and become more and more urbanized.....it may become an insurmountable obstacle for Republicans at some point. Things change of course, but trends are great on this. Only a couple of former blue states have switched to battlegrounds whereas the biggest red state (Texas) is teetering to full scale purple. And will almost certainly be in play from this point forward.
    I've brought that up before, too.

We're 1-3 elections away from the electoral college being obsolete barring a major change to it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I didn't see your post, who misreported what? So that I know what to watch out for.
    It was about Kamala Harris's recent proposal regarding education.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Saw that the Kentucky Libertarian Party's Twitter account boasted about splitting the vote to cost Bevin the victory, and added to Bevin supporters, "Your tears are delicious."

Just... wow.
    I thought those hipster conservatives would be upset at Bevin losing, but then again, they're Libertarians.

Republicans reported to be saying, in defense of Trump, that he was too disorganized and too dumb to do a Quid Pro Quo.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

How much would you bet that Mitch McConnell will retire from the Senate rather than risk being defeated in an election?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Can Mitch be next to fall in Kentucky ? People are hoping so...

https://www.newsweek.com/moscow-mitc...ection-1470110
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Can Mitch be next to fall in Kentucky ? People are hoping so...

https://www.newsweek.com/moscow-mitc...ection-1470110
    One can only hope Moscow Mitch will be ousted in favor of someone that actually cares about the US and common sense, rather than being a Putin toadie and "party before country" kind of a-hole.

Mitch represents the worst of the party. Towing thr company line and putting Party over principal. Siding with Trump every chance he gets. It really upsets me to see what the party has become.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Tulsi Gabbard Floats 9/11 Conspiracy Theory

Not sure what to think about this.
    Pretty sure it's an appeal to the conspiracy theorist vote. Most of her supporters seem to be under the impression that her lack in popularity is obviously the fault of the Democratic Party, as they have purposefully attempted to keep her from the Primary debates and are out to silence her message. Her most ardent followers seem to be the type that would buy into 9/11 conspiracy theories as well.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Bevin files paper work to request re canvass of votes. He claims there were several illregularities on election day and claiming that Republicans were turned away from polling places.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Bevin files paper work to request re canvass of votes. He claims there were several illregularities on election day and claiming that Republicans were turned away from polling places.
    I'll wait to see actual reports before I finalize my opinion, but considering the hinky **** the GoP has been pulling in multiple attacks on the Right to Vote I'm going with 'Bullshit' in this case until proven otherwise.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Look who is trying to make a comeback.

JUST IN: Jeff Sessions to announce bid to win his old Senate seat back

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'll wait to see actual reports before I finalize my opinion, but considering the hinky **** the GoP has been pulling in multiple attacks on the Right to Vote I'm going with 'Bullshit' in this case until proven otherwise.
    As Bevin Refuses to Concede, Critics Warn Kentucky GOP 'Totally Gearing Up to Steal' Gubernatorial Election
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

How much would you bet that Mitch McConnell will retire from the Senate rather than risk being defeated in an election?
    Sorry, but I’m not taking that bet. Moscow Mitch still has unqualified right wing judges to stack the courts with, and he can’t do that from his den if he retires. My guess is he’ll roll the dice and hope Kentuckians will be dumb enough to vote for him one last time.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!