Page 751 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 251651701741747748749750751752753754755761801851 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,265 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So do you think Warren is going to be considered as a running mate at some point, or what is going to be her role going forward, if anything?
    I think she will have a cabinet position in a Biden Administration, probably Secretary of the Treasury. For Bernie, I’d say it is a toss-up between that and VP.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I think she will have a cabinet position in a Biden Administration, probably Secretary of the Treasury. For Bernie, I’d say it is a toss-up between that and VP.
    I doubt Bernie is getting a role. After this, I expect him to retire.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Bernie cadre have been complaining about Warren, but in truth it coudl be turned around. If Bernie hadn't entered the race, Warren might have drawn more voters and done better herself.
    For a long time it seemed like Warren would be the compromise between Biden and Sanders. In the last couple of months she made a couple of gaffs ( which I blame on her team) that hurt her image. Having said that I hope she hangs in there a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Passionate but can’t be bothered to vote?

To quote the great Mr Spock: “I’m not sure that computes, Captain”. (Well think he said something like that sometime? A long time since I watched Startrek....)
    It's like a the guys complaining about female Thor and muscular She-Hulk who haven't bought a comic book since Jim Shooter called the shots at Marvel.

Hey, maybe some of the most passionate Bernie supporters tried to torrent the vote?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So do you think Warren is going to be considered as a running mate at some point, or what is going to be her role going forward, if anything?
    I don't think that Warren as VP would hurt Biden. It would help more him than Harris or any of the other front runners.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I don't see that happening. Biden would sooner call Corn Pop.

Twitter Link

Note that Bernie Supporters believe Warren's campaign is part of the conspiracy to take voters away from Bernie and help Biden win. I see that a lot on Twitter.
    Do they even realize Warren declares her intention to run before Bernie? Most people thought he would not run again after his crushing 2016 defeat.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    It's like a the guys complaining about female Thor and muscular She-Hulk who haven't bought a comic book since Jim Shooter called the shots at Marvel.

Hey, maybe some of the most passionate Bernie supporters tried to torrent the vote?
    No. More like kids go to Comic Book Movies, watch the Tv show and cartoons, buy the T-Shirts and Backpacks, and even the cell-phone covers...but don't buy comic books.

I doubt Bernie is getting a role. After this, I expect him to retire.
    Sorry. I meant in Bernie’s Administration FOR Warren. I don’t think he gets anything from Biden, especially after what is coming.

Maine has officially been called for Biden. So that’s...ten states for Biden now just in a night.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Majority Whip Jim Clyburn: Sanders Never Courted My Endorsement
    The South Carolina Democrat said he’s worked productively with the senator for years. But he didn’t actively seek out his endorsement.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/majori...y-endorsement/

House Majority Whip James Clyburn has had many productive conversations with Sen. Bernie Sanders during their shared years in Congress. But when it came to seeking the influential South Carolina endorsement, the Vermont senator didn’t make a concerted effort.

“No, not really,” Clyburn told The Daily Beast in an interview when asked if Sanders or his campaign staff did anything specific to court him ahead of the influential Feb. 29 primary.

“I had a lot of conversations with almost every one of the candidates,” he said, referencing nearly two dozen candidates, including Sanders, who attended his “World Famous Fish Fry” in Columbia in June.

But Clyburn acknowledged the outreach didn’t go much beyond that.

“I don’t need to be courted,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Why do they have to make Bloomberg the VP to get his money? Didn't he promise to use his resources to support whoever the nominee was? Besides, the DNC already knows who they want, it's always been Stacey Abrams, it's just a matter of whether she has enough faith in this campaign to sign on or not.
    She's probably on a lot of people's short list, but good lord: do you see everything as some kind of sinister DNC plot?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Biden/Harris
    Did you just call Kamala Harris a philanderer? What!

If Sanders hadn't entered the race, the other Democrats wouldn't have felt a need to join forces.

It's not that they want to oppose Sanders, it's that he projects an image of paranoia, divisiveness, antagonism, and anger at the 'Establishment'.

He has forced their hands.

It's pretty clear by the voting bloc for Super Tuesday that if Biden and/or Sanders was not in the race, Warren had the victory. It looks like she's taking WA state in their mail-ins already. FWIW.

Those 2 handed Trump 4 more years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's pretty clear by the voting bloc for Super Tuesday that if Biden and/or Sanders was not in the race, Warren had the victory. It looks like she's taking WA state in their mail-ins already. FWIW.

Those 2 handed Trump 4 more years.
    Biden has something very powerful behind him, support. I think he'll do alright.

I would have rather it been Warren, but Biden will do well for the country.