Page 760 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 260660710750756757758759760761762763764770810860 ... LastLast
Results 11,386 to 11,400 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    What you wanted him to end structural racism as a lone senator by himself?

Your claiming victory again out of hand again.
    No, I'm not.

Anyway, let me know when those young voters show up and help Sanders win the primaries and the general.

Then we can discuss him actually passing his plans through Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Bloomberg is no one's friend.
    Dude...

Now, you are going to make me give Bloomberg the benefit of the doubt.

If he actually has changed? I think just give the guy the chance to do the right thing where there really isn't anything in it for him.

I've got no problem with letting him try to do the right thing going forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    No, I'm not.

Anyway, let me know when those young voters show up and help Sanders win the primaries and the general.

Then we can discuss him actually passing his plans through Congress.
    So how is Sanders supposed to ''do it'' if he is not President at the moment, should wave his magic wand to do it?

That is you are arguing in bad faith, you know his is power is limited as a lone Senator, so what do you actually want from him besides his policy outline? Can you answer that or will dodge it and act in bad faith?

He put a personal forward, what you want, for him to mind control the Senate to pass it? You know there are special interests that do not want to see that happen:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...oposal-1466995

Ultimate Member

So how is Sanders supposed to ''do it'' if he is not President at the moment, should wave his magic wand to do it?
    He's not much of a wizard if he doesn't have one.

Guess he'll have to figure something else out -- preferably that doesn't involve destroying the Democratic party in the process.

Maybe winning some primaries, a general election, and the Senate would help.

Hope he's up to the task.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-04-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Dude...

Now, you are going to make me give Bloomberg the benefit of the doubt.

If he actually has changed? I think just give the guy the chance to do the right thing where there really isn't anything in it for him.

I've got no problem with letting him try to do the right thing going forward.
    Well, there were cynics out there who thought Bloomberg was trying to buy the election, so, if they thought his intentions were less than sincere, there’s the reason.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just like your Republican Party.
    Since I've always thought you were solid...

Saying "Just Like The Republican Party..."?

It's already an admission that "Business As Usual..." Democrats are just the "Far Left" wing of a Republican reality.

Far enough to the left that the regular Jane/Joe get the occasional "Here, You Can Have The Expensive Instant Mashed Potatoes This Week!...", but they ain't about to kick the wheels off of the chuck wagon that looks out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, there were cynics out there who thought Bloomberg was trying to buy the election, so, if they thought his intentions were less than sincere, there’s the reason.
    Look, I don't disagree there.

That said, I'm never going to say there is no way someone could turn over a new leaf.

There is a potential scenario where the guy could use his chips to try to do the right thing outside of instances where he stands to get something out of it.

Astonishing Member

He's not much of a wizard if he doesn't have one.

Guess he'll have to figure something else out -- preferably that doesn't involve destroying the Democratic party in the process.
    Ah, bad jokes to cover bad faith arguments eh? I knew you couldn't answer my question and you would dodge.

Astonishing Member

It's shameful how the prison rates for Africa Americans in Vermont is this.

https://www.sentencingproject.org/pu...state-prisons/

African Americans are incarcerated in state prisons at a rate that is 5.1 times the imprisonment of whites. In five states (Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, Vermont, and Wisconsin), the disparity is more than 10 to 1.
    What has Sanders done about this in his career? I never heard him speak about it.

Ultimate Member

Ah, bad jokes to cover bad faith arguments eh? I knew you couldn't answer my question and you would dodge.
    I'm not arguing -- I'm having fun.

I learned years ago not to "argue" with Sanders supporters.

Now it's more about entertainment value -- kind of like snake charming.

There's no argument here -- only whether Sanders can actually do what he claims he wants to do.

So let us know when those young voters show up.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-04-2020 at 07:58 PM.

No I didn't -- I said let's see him do it.

Also, I'm done talking about this since it's going nowhere with you falling back on the same "crime bill" talking points that didn't work for Sanders the first time around with Hillary, and aren't working now.

-----
    "Bernie Sanders said country needed more jails and 'tougher' penalties in certain cases in 1994 remarks backing crime bill"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/polit...ile/index.html
    Meanwhile, out in the actual reality that happened...

"If you look at the issue of prevention versus punishment, if you like, I would've put more effort on prevention," said Sanders in 1994.

"If you keep kids in school, if you get jobs for young people, in the long run, not only do you prevent crime, but you save the taxpayers substantial sums of money," Sanders said, "Would I rather invest in education and keeping kids in school and making college opportunity a realistic goal for millions of young people rather than necessarily building one more jail. Yeah. I think I would have gone the other way."

"On the other hand, do I think we need some more jails? Yup. Do I think we have to get tougher in certain instances? Yes, I do," Sanders said. "So what you have is a balance here. You have more money going to law enforcement, more money going into jails. You have, on the other hand, significant sums of money going into prevention, beginning to allow us to deal with violence against women, child abuse and other very serious problems," Sanders said.
    What is in blue is the difference between Sanders everyone else at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's shameful how the prison rates for Africa Americans in Vermont is this.

https://www.sentencingproject.org/pu...state-prisons/

What has Sanders done about this in his career? I never heard him speak about it.
    Since you seem to have missed it, see the above post.

Ultimate Member

Meanwhile, out in the actual reality that happened...

What is in blue is the difference between Sanders everyone else at the time.
    You mean the reality you apparently don't live in where he signed the crime bill just like everyone else being criticized by Sanders supporters?

"What I did was wrong but it's okay because I feel bad about it and my name is Bernie Sanders."

Anyway, enough surreality -- I'm going to do some drawing.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-04-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm not arguing -- I'm having fun.

I learned years ago not to "argue" with Sanders supporters.

Now it's more about entertainment value.
    It seems like trolling on your part, but whatever. I guess you rather troll than discuss ideas seriously.

It seems like you want to put Bernie under a microscope on this issue, but let Biden get a free pass. Let me guess, brining up Biden's record is ''what aboiutism'', we will deal at Biden's record at another time, which will be never because it seems some people here just shrug at his record. Do you think Trump will be so forgiving?

Was Harris being too mean Biden when she brought up his stance against ''forced busing'' in the 70s and he did not have a good come back for it.

Astonishing Member

Since you seem to have missed it, see the above post.
    That's a quote from 1994.