Page 786 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 286686736776782783784785786787788789790796836886 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 17573

Let me put it another way, then.

Nina Turner is the Stephen A. Smith of progressive politics. It's all yelling over someone when the camera is on, whether they need to do so to be heard or not.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    With Biden I'm getting maybe 5% of what I want. And that's basically "not Trump". In fact, I'd prefer Biden if he just got in there, stopped all the shit the Trump had going on, and then got stonewalled to death by Congress so he couldn't wreak his own havoc. Dude has been shit for a long time, and no standing behind Obama for 8 years didn't magically make him better
    Last I checked 5% was > 0%, so if you would rather have the 5% I suggest voting for Biden if he's the nominee rather than sitting it out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    This is what I don' t understand, if you can't get 100% of what you want , why would you not rather get 75-85%, rather than 0%.

Sitting it out helps no one, except that deranged orange imbecile and his Russian handlers.
    Exactly!! This whole well Moderates are just like Republicans is complete horseshit. Progressive policies will NEVER EVER advance unless you take the GOP out of the equation. That means voting them into irrelevance.

The minority vote, the youth vote the future and backbone of both the Democratic party in general and any progressive movement must be allowed to flourish. Democrats always want more voting more access, easier ways to vote. If we don't keep the GOP out of office, keep them from gerrymandering districts to limit representation. Keep them from making it so damn hard to vote people have to wait in 6 hour lines on election days.

Do you get immediate snap your fingers pow Medicare for All? No But, that's a long term prospect anyway. At least you start building the foundation getting a SC judge that could be utterly crucial to challenges when there are progressive policies up for debate. Obamacare like Medicare and Medicade before it needed support and more legislative fixes in multiple sessions to get it where it needed to be. Not sabotage, under funding, and constant efforts to undercut it through the courts.

Look at Virginia since they went blue this time. Gun control legislation even with the gun lobby kicking and screaming. That would never ever have happened if the GOP had any say.

Any progressive political stance should start with NO MORE GOP. That doesn't mean lie down and not fight for your proposals. That means educate, reach out, don't be toxic and viscous to people that pretty much believe in 60% of the things you do. And are not averse to maybe leaning more your way with solid conversations and effort.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-06-2020 at 02:03 PM.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/...m%2F1287640826

Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330)
    @JoeBiden
    ·
    43m
    I don't care who you're supporting, attacks like this against a man who could be the first Jewish President are disgusting and beyond the pale. Hatred and bigotry have no place in America — and it's up to all of us to root out these evils wherever they're found.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

trump's administration is making it more difficult for child abuse victims to come forward. How the hell can anyone be OK with this.

Education secretary Betsy DeVos has introduced a new rule that could make it harder for child abuse victims to come forward at school.

The Trump admin introduced changes to Title IX to be rolled out this month about how sexual assault and harassment chargers are handled at K-12 schools and on college campuses.

Alterations to Title IX still state the survivor will be taken seriously, according to Ms DeVos, but that the accused cannot be presumed guilty.

"Our proposed rule recognises that we can continue to combat sexual misconduct without abandoning due process," she said about the change.

When President Barack Obama was in office, his administration laid out guidelines for schools that would help them handle complaints of sexual assault and violence. But Ms DeVos claims these guidelines were unfair to all the parties involved.

Backlash about the changes to Title IX has resonated across the public, specifically for the impact it will have on college campuses.

But people are also concerned about what this could mean for children in elementary, middle, or high school when they want to report abuse. Their reasoning is the new mandate will go largely unfunded, with the government anticipating it will save $360m over the next 10 years, so it could create a loss in resources within the schools.

"Schools are not all prepared to handle these incidents as they occur right now," Joel Levin, a co-founder of the nonprofit Stop Sexual Assault In Schools organisation, told Politico.

"The new regulations will just create a more chaotic environment," he said. "The Department of Education has tried to bring some college or higher education-level Title IX rules into K-12, where they don't really work."

Under the new rules it allows, but does not require, for K-12 schools to hold hearings where the victim's advocates or representatives can question the perpetrator.

The rule also requires the victim to write a formal, signed statement to be given to a selected group of staff at the school when reporting assault or sexual harassment.

Critics are worried this would encourage students to avoid reporting abuse at their schools, specifically if it occurs from a teacher or staff member in the building.

"To me, the most damaging things that they're doing are just making it harder for students to report sexual harassment," Levin told the publication. "There's already barriers for K-12 students. A lot of students don't report because they don't think the school is going to do anything about it, or they'll be blamed, or (the school) won't discipline the perpetrator."

Another change Ms DeVos made to Title IX alters how sexual assault and harassment is defined in the law to provide protection for the victim. Currently, the rule states its "unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature".

Ms DeVos is now advocating for the phrasing to state a need for quid pro quo services between the perpetrator and the victim that are "so severe, pervasive and objectively offensive that it effectively deprives a person of equal access to educational programmes or activities." If this change is made, it would discount sexual misconduct and allow for sexual acts to happen that do not drive the victim out of their school or off campus.

Critics say Ms DeVos is not reforming the laws; she is instead rolling back the strides made by organisations to help victims report and handle abuse on a federal level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Let me put it another way, then.

Nina Turner is the Stephen A. Smith of progressive politics. It's all yelling over someone when the camera is on, whether they need to do so to be heard or not.
    That's a pretty disparaging attack. She is nowhere like that. Especially on Cable tv where everyone talk over each other. But Nina is the problem for fighting hard? Hillary Rosen much?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    That's a pretty disparaging attack.
    I mean, I thought Stephen A. Smith was bad, but not this bad.

She is nowhere like that. Especially on Cable tv where everyone talk over each other. But Nina is the problem for fighting hard?
    I've seen her scream over Chris Hayes in interviews on MSNBC.

There is no imaginable reason for her to have to yell over him. At all. He's as chill an interview as any Democrat could hope for.

She just doesn't have another gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/...m%2F1287640826

Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330)
    @JoeBiden
    ·
    43m
    I don't care who you're supporting, attacks like this against a man who could be the first Jewish President are disgusting and beyond the pale. Hatred and bigotry have no place in America — and it's up to all of us to root out these evils wherever they're found.
    Say what you will, but this is leadership. A lesser person could use this and let it be clear he isn’t the Jewish candidate and exploit the opportunity to grab more voters in the general like this fellow—even by remaining silent. But, no, he stood up and condemned it. It won’t gain him Bernie’s votes and certainly not any anti-Semitic votes. But he did more than Trump against David Duke just with a relatively small incident. Good on him. I wish Bernie had done this before with his supporters condemnation of Warren earlier. He waited until she dropped out to say he thought that was “terrible” behavior.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    trump's administration is making it more difficult for child abuse victims to come forward. How the hell can anyone be OK with this.
    But no real difference between a Trump or Biden Presidency, oh, maybe 5% around the edges.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

I mean, I thought Stephen A. Smith was bad, but not this bad.

I've seen her scream over Chris Hayes in interviews on MSNBC.

There is no imaginable reason for her to have to yell over him. At all. He's as chill an interview as any Democrat could hope for.

She just doesn't have another gear.
    Angry Black woman then? Ok. Can you at least condemn Hillary Rosen? Or Is there nothing she did wrong?

Also, she and Chris Hayes get along fine, and she wasn't yelling at ChrisHayes.

This is how dishonest the media has been today about a Nazi Flying a flag at a jewish presidential candidate. They wrote in a way to make it seem like the victim is apologizing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Well, when it comes to Trump White House, the cruelty IS the endgame.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, when it comes to Trump White House, the cruelty IS the endgame.
    Cruelty, lies, and disinformation. That's how they run. They don't care about even their own voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Angry Black woman then?
    No.

When you Google Nina Turner, a large number of search entries that come up with her in interviews mention she "screams", "Shouts" or "yells".

That doesn't happen anywhere near as frequently when you search the large number of African American women in politics, out there to the extent Nina does. Kamala, Barbara Lee, Ayanna Pressley, etc. etc. Because they don't do it.

Nina Turner yells more than the average politician, or even African American woman in politics. She is an outlier. Unless you want to have someone with a decibel meter sit next to her to confirm she isn't yelling, when I can hear she is, and see reports that she has, that is all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Last I checked 5% was > 0%, so if you would rather have the 5% I suggest voting for Biden if he's the nominee rather than sitting it out.
    That’s great but 5% isn’t really worth a couple hours of my time waiting in line at the all the polling stations in the big city I’m in. Also considering I did hold my nose for Hillary four years ago and the toxic moderates still shit on progressives and blamed Sanders supporters for their failures back then, they might be on their own this time. They’ve shown their colors and are a little two divisive and toxic for me
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 03-06-2020 at 02:41 PM.

BANNED

No.

When you Google Nina Turner, a large number of search entries that come up with her in interviews mention she "screams", "Shouts" or "yells".

That doesn't happen anywhere near as frequently when you search the large number of African American women in politics, out there to the extent Nina does. Kamala, Barbara Lee, Ayanna Pressley, etc. etc. Because they don't do it.

Nina Turner yells more than the average politician, or even African American woman in politics. She is an outlier. Unless you want to have someone with a decibel meter sit next to her to confirm she isn't yelling, when I can hear she is, and see reports that she has, that is all.
    You still haven't denounced Hillary Rosen...