Page 787 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 287687737777783784785786787788789790791797837887 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,805 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    That’s great but 5% isn’t really worth my an couple hours of my time waiting in line at the all the polling stations in the big city I’m in. Also considering I did hold my nose for Hillary four years ago and the toxic moderates still **** on progressives and blamed Sanders supporters for their failures back then, they might be on their own this time. They’ve shown their colors and are a little two divisive and toxic for me
    Really, by any objective measure, I don't see how you can say a Biden Presidency will only be 5% better than Trump. Trump is destroying this country.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    You still haven't denounced Hillary Rosen...
    That would probably be because I don't even know who that is.

*googles*

Sure. I denounce Hillary Rosen.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

That’s great but 5% isn’t really worth a couple hours of my time waiting in line at the all the polling stations in the big city I’m in. Also considering I did hold my nose for Hillary four years ago and the toxic moderates still **** on progressives and blamed Sanders supporters for their failures back then, they might be on their own this time. They’ve shown their colors and are a little two divisive and toxic for me
    Well by all means sit on your ass and do nothing, I'm sure that will bring about the change you obviously want so much.

I also, as someone who has nothing to do with either the Biden campaign, or the 2016 Clinton campaign, apologize for a person I never heard of.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I also, as someone who has nothing to do with either the Biden campaign, or the 2016 Clinton campaign, apologize for a person I never heard of.
    LOL. Way to jump on the bandwagon, dude.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I third this.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Really, by any objective measure, I don't see how you can say a Biden Presidency will only be 5% better than Trump. Trump is destroying this country.
    What nonsense it is. Biden will make a fine President. Not amazing, like Warren would have, but in no way unacceptable. I'm still bitter, I guess.
    Biden isn't five percent better than Trump, he's ten thousand percent better than Trump. Bernie may be a bit better, but only by maybe 5%.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Well by all means sit on your ass and do nothing, I'm sure that will bring about the change you obviously want so much.
    Yeah it'll be another moderate loss. And now when moderates bitch at me I want feel like an idiot for going along for their ungrateful failed ride.

That’s great but 5% isn’t really worth a couple hours of my time waiting in line at the all the polling stations in the big city I’m in. Also considering I did hold my nose for Hillary four years ago and the toxic moderates still **** on progressives and blamed Sanders supporters for their failures back then, they might be on their own this time. They’ve shown their colors and are a little two divisive and toxic for me
    I don’t see how we arrive at this estimate, especially if you truly agree with Sanders’ policy positions.

Sanders and Biden both want to act on climate change, undo what Trump has done, and enact new plans to reduce carbon emissions. Biden probably won’t go through with a green new deal, though. So—let’s go with 60% agreement.

Sanders and Biden both want to expand access to affordable health care. Sanders believes we need Medicare For All, but admits it would be a process where people would have the option to go to Medicare or stay with a private plan, at least in the intermediate period. Biden, instead, wants a public option added to the exchanges that would also be covered by subsidies for those who can’t afford health care at all. So—let’s rate the similarity on this at 70%, just to be fair.

Sanders and Biden both want to end Trump’s draconian immigration policy and stop the mistreatment of migrants. Yes, Biden will be more willing to increase Visa limits and allow for more skilled migrants to come to the U.S. than Sanders, who believes increased migration IS a way for businesses to continue to put down the working class. So—we’ll say 80% similarity, with Biden taking the more extreme position this time.

Sanders and Biden both want to expand voting rights back to minorities and their communities. I don’t sense any real discrepancy in plans or what they would do to accomplish this. So, let’s just give this the first 100% commonality.

Now, I’m sure there are other policies with less overlap, but I got an aggregate of 77.5% commonality across those four issues. Now, campaigns have plenty of other issues, but I can’t imagine that there are enough issues with absolutely zero commonality that we end up with a figure as low as five percent.

Oh and I forgot not being an egocentric, narcissist maniac intent to burn bridges with our allies and make “agreements” with adversaries that neither side has any intention of keeping. So, commonality there is at...yes...100% too.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

Yeah it'll be another moderate loss. And now when moderates bitch at me I want feel like an idiot for going along for their ungrateful failed ride.
    Ungrateful? You act like you don't live in this country too. Its silly. Like you are doing people a favor and not helping yourself along with millions of others. You cannot get where you want to go with the GOP in power. Period. You are helping yourself by making sure they are out. Its not some favor for others.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-06-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

So much for "Not me, us".

Astonishing Member

I see the Bernie Bros are back to calling Elisabeth Warren a liar again.

Knight - I really want change, Trumps awful and ruining the country

Also Knight - But....I dont want change enough to stand in line unless its the EXACT change I want. So everyone else can rot and I'll throw my vote away.

Really making the "progressive" vote look good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Ungrateful? You act like you don't live in this country too. Its silly. Like you are doing people a favor and not helping yourself along with millions of others. You cannot get where you want to go with the GOP in power. Period. You are helping yourself by making sure they are out. Its not some favor for others.
    I do live in this country but the reality is that I'm really going to be fine no matter who is President. I made more money under Trump than I made under Obama, I only support Warren and Sanders because I actually think their policies will make a difference. Don't really feel that for Joe. And quite frankly, I saw how the moderate voters treated progressives even though more Bernie supporters voted for Clinton than her voters did for Obama. So I don't really know if I want to hitch my cart to a horse that's going to be vile to me when it can't accept it lost.

We'll see. I wonder if some people can stand to be less toxic in the name of unity

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Knight - I really want change, Trumps awful and ruining the country

Also Knight - But....I dont want change enough to stand in line unless its the EXACT change I want. So everyone else can rot and I'll throw my vote away.

Really making the "progressive" vote look good.
    Bad summarization. Biden is not even close to the change I want. I don't fucking care about the Democratic Party that much and it's because of politicians like Biden who were historicaly garbage for a long time and they squandered away the potential that was set up for the party long ago. It's more, I'd be enabling bad behavior.