Page 793 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 293693743783789790791792793794795796797803843893 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,895 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Clinton had the most progressive platform any Dem has had.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Independent analysis actually even finds Hillary Clinton’s platform was quite liberal—and far more liberal than her husband’s, Kerry’s, and Gore’s.

So, only in a warped progressive culture where American culture exists in a vacuum is your statement even remotely accurate.
    Again...

The two of you are saying "She Is The Best Hitter On The Tee Ball Team..."

This sort of thinking would get you laughed out of the room in most Western countries.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-07-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Democrats are deeply flawed as people, it's not like the left hasn't got issues with this.

Again you're ignoring what the Democrats do to enable progress by moving the goal posts.

You want to discuss the Dream ACT? How about the ACA? There's TARP 2.0, and creating the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Warren's brainchild. This is the tip of the iceberg with their accomplishments.
    Seriously? I am not.

We just see the thing differently.

The stuff you listed?

To me? That is "Bare Minimum..." stuff that there is almost no excuse that you didn't do before that.

That you didn't combined with that you did put a system to cover your butt if you sexually harassing people in place?

I just can't see(outside of a handful of Democrats...) giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I hope they will actually get it into gear on being solid public servants. We're just at the point where I am going to have to see it to entertain that it's not just a vocation for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Lol. Best line of the night hahaha.

Also, NOW is putting up false attacks on Sanders and it's truly amazing.

WARREN URGED BY NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR WOMEN NOT TO ENDORSE SANDERS: HE HAS 'DONE NEXT TO NOTHING FOR WOMEN'

Bernie is LITERALLY carrying a National Organization for Women sign... DAYUM the Centrists in America suck ass.
    They lie about a dude with the literal sign, and marching for womens rights. IT'S IN HIS DAMN HANDS!

But Biden Broads and Bros ignore Bidens shitty record on Women's rights.

We also had a person in this thread call Sanders an Abuser, and has yet to apologize for that repugnant attack.
    This is my main issues with Biden.

While he has been out there on the right side of some stuff?

When it screwed it up?

Man, did he ever.

You're talking about Sanders having "Communist..." to beat him with?

Seriously, think of everything Biden has done that an even remotely competent person setting up attack ads could run with.

For nine years, multinationals like Shell and Bayer funded a prominent climate denier

The personal archives of prominent Dutch climate denier Frits Böttcher (who died in 2008) reveal that he received over a million guilders – close to half a million in euros – from Shell and other Dutch multinationals during the 1990s. The explicit objective: to question human responsibility for global warming.

To all Bernie Sanders supporters: It's supposed to be a movement, not just one man, right? Well, if it comes down to Biden vs. Trump, you must realize that achieving any part of Sanders' agenda will be vastly more possible with Biden than with Trump.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seriously? I am not.

We just see the thing differently.

The stuff you listed?

To me? That is "Bare Minimum..." stuff that there is almost no excuse that you didn't do before that.

That you didn't combined with that you did put a system to cover your butt if you sexually harassing people in place?

I just can't see(outside of a handful of Democrats...) giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I hope they will actually get it into gear on being solid public servants. We're just at the point where I am going to have to see it to entertain that it's not just a vocation for them.
    This a post of what I was discussing before you randomly moved onto corruption in the Democratic party.

Whenever they do try to do they get blocked, it's not just "talk." Don't erase the Democrats acts in congress, and outside of it.
    A response to a post you made about all the Democrats do is talk and no action.

There is no argument boosting the left or Sanders that they are stronger on those topics then the Democrats (they aren't) so you focus on tearing the party down instead.

No, you don't.

You don't get to determine the facts on what progress the Democrats made in the government, which involves minimising and ignoring every success an fight they had to make progress. You say there's "no excuse" and avoid discussing how the let make the Democrats look like the Olympics medalists at getting things done in congress. Why wasn't the left in position to assist the Democrats do this, it's not like they didn't have people in congress. They don't get the slightest raised eyebrow from you - discrediting the Democrats and the establishment is your sole motivation here.

Rewriting history to reshape my response as being apathetic when I said they were deeply flawed while you ignore the issues about sexual harassment from the left since that would interfere with your narrative. As opposed to the left, whose prime candidate didn't bother having a second thought on sexual harassment with his national campaign - this fact is missing from your narrative. What's your opinion on how Sanders managed that in '16?

You don't want to see that.

They do, that was never in question. I may disagree with Mets severely, but he comes here to offer genuine arguments, can't say this same for you. Leftists in this thread, you really think thirty's your ally? He's not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    To all Bernie Sanders supporters: It's supposed to be a movement, not just one man, right? Well, if it comes down to Biden vs. Trump, you must realize that achieving any part of Sanders' agenda will be vastly more possible with Biden than with Trump.
    To all Centrists/Moderates: We know it's a movement, It's not just one man, Okay? Well, if it comes down to Biden vs. Trump, we realize that we won't be achieving much of Sanders agenda, because centrists like Biden, think it's impossible to do things that help people, who aren't rich and have a say, it's the same with Trump.

Progressives think of Bernie as the figurehead, just like we blacks looked up to MLK and Brother Malcolm as figureheads, but when they were murdered we continued on, due to the groundwork and foundation they set up.

See Centrists run on personality. (We know JOE!)
    Progressives run on Policy. (OH! Bernies a Centrist now? Hope he's happy, but we still want Medicare for all and will fight Bernie for it.) That's why Centrists who think they are Progressive, don't understand real Progressives.
    With us it's not identity politics, it's policy. We're very vocal about it.

What we do hate and will defend are Centrists and moderates who are supposedly on our side, lying about us and our preferred figurehead. That's how it works for most of us.

Centrists do not get to attack us, shit on us, punch us down, then demand we bend the knee. F-that! We fight back on POLICY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Also, NOW is putting up false attacks on Sanders and it's truly amazing.
    This statement is about to get ironic in about ten seconds.

Bernie is LITERALLY carrying a National Organization for Women sign... DAYUM the Centrists in America suck ass.

But Biden Broads and Bros ignore Bidens shitty record on Women's rights.

Well, someone's misrepresenting Biden's abortion stance. I seem to recall an exchange he had with Paul Ryan in the 2012 VP debate about how the two of them were Catholic, but how Biden could support a woman's right to choose without him being influenced by his Catholic faith.

Last edited by worstblogever; 03-07-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Rewriting history to reshape my response as being apathetic when I said they were deeply flawed while you ignore the issues about sexual harassment from the left since that would interfere with your narrative. As opposed to the left, whose prime candidate didn't bother having a second thought on sexual harassment with his national campaign - this fact is missing from your narrative. What's your opinion on how Sanders managed that in '16?

You don't want to see that.

They do, that was never in question. I may disagree with Mets severely, but he comes here to offer genuine arguments, can't say this same for you. Leftists in this thread, you really think thirty's your ally? He's not.
    I think(no, I actually I know) that Sanders did not put a mechanism into place to pay off the known victims of sexual harassers in his campaign while keeping it out of the public eye.

I also know for a fact that Sanders did not come out to defend those harassers until it became obvious that doing so would hurt him as well.

Never mind that he did not actively intervene to keep a known harasser on his campaign.

Accounting for that reality?

Head and shoulders above Democratic management of the same issue.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-07-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Gonna go on record, I voted Warren, and mailed in my ballot a week before she dropped out.

But I'm not bitter that she didn't win. I'm not here about to slander all those still left in the race. I will support the nominee, whether it's Biden (likely), or Bernie (unlikely). And I'm not going to misrepresent one or the other that would weaken them prior to the election, lest I harm the nominee that absolutely would serve this country better, and more honorably than Trump.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I sure as s*** don't want to relive the past four years, so to anyone digging in on Biden, or Sanders unfairly...

Get. It. Together.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Biden alreayd told the corporate U.S that nothing would change for them with him elected. As a President, he wouldn't do shit for the poors. WHich is why his support from Black American looks like insanity from my side of the pond - and a very good reason to fight communautarism here in France

Was I a U.S voter, I'd support Sanders and would never vote for Biden, no matter who's against him. Because people like Biden enable the likes of Trump.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I think(no, I actually I know) that Sanders did not put a mechanism into place to pay off the known victims of sexual harassers in his campaign while keeping it out of the public eye.

I also know for a fact that Sanders did not come out to defend those harassers until it became obvious that doing so would hurt him as well.

Accounting for that reality?

Head and shoulders above Democratic management of the same issue.
    Omitting the reason Sanders did that was because he was "too busy," while sexual harassment run rampant though his campaign. You think ignoring sexual harassment is any better? It's not like he fired these people. In fact, when it was bought up in '20 he acted like sexual harassment in his campaign was news to him, so either he's lying or he didn't care.

"Democratic management" being who? There was more than Hillary running back in '16 and more now, why aren't we flooded with these reports from all their campaigns if you're going with making every Democrat is as bad on the subject as she is. Or do you mean the DNC? Pelosi and Schumer? Be specific.

You're ignoring how entrenched the reports from Sanders campaign was, too. Hillary made a horrible decision with one person, which she should be condemned for - what about the multiple victims under Sanders watch? Why weren't they protected until '20?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Was I a U.S voter, I'd support Sanders and would never vote for Biden, no matter who's against him. Because people like Biden enable the likes of Trump.
    I'm glad you're not, because this doesn't make sense. Like, for a second it did, when you were, in a roundabout way, pointing out that Sanders is more progressive than Biden (except on guns, of course).

How in the general election, would Biden going up against Trump to defeat him... "enable" him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This statement is about to get ironic in about ten seconds.

Well, someone's misrepresenting Biden's abortion stance. I seem to recall an exchange he had with Paul Ryan in the 2012 VP debate about how the two of them were Catholic, but how Biden could support a woman's right to choose without him being influenced by his Catholic faith.

Yeah after being against it for soooo damn long. The irony isn't lost on me. It's just how bad Centrists think being wrong for SO Long but only recently coming to the right side is so amazing.

I'm glad Biden and Obama finally came out in support, and support gay marriage.

But Bernie has been for ALL these things for DECADES. That's the real irony.
    Your centrists are johnny come lately, but shit on the person whose been right consistently?
    Can you not see the Irony?

This a post of what I was discussing before you randomly moved onto corruption in the Democratic party.

A response to a post you made about all the Democrats do is talk and no action.

There is no argument boosting the left or Sanders that they are stronger on those topics then the Democrats (they aren't) so you focus on tearing the party down instead.
    On this...

You brought up "Nor Erasing The Democrat's Acts In Congress, And Outside Of It..."

That umbrella obviously includes that they were seemingly fine with a setup that paid off victims up sexual harassers so they could stay onboard. It absolutely includes that they have made a pretty lousy effort in dealing with an accused rapist who still holds an office as a Democrat.

That is not "Focusing On Tearing The Party Down Instead..."

It is discussing the actual reality of the acts inside of Congress, and outside of it, that you do not want erased.

That entirety is not just some of the "Bare Minimum..." stuff that they have accomplished. It is all of the unacceptable stuff that they have been in on, and seem to unwilling to seriously deal with.