Page 8 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    So basically repeating his “both sides” argument from the disastrous Unity the Right rally.

Sanders Claims 2016 Primary Was Rigged, Won’t Commit to Supporting Winner June 26, 2019

NBC’s Kasie Hunt asked Bernie Sanders if he would commit to supporting the Democratic nominee before the convention if it’s clear it won’t be him. Sanders would not make any such commitment. Instead, he said, “some people say that maybe if the system was not rigged against me, I would have won the nomination.”
    While Sanders is coyly hiding behind the “some people say” formulation, he is threatening to repeat the tactics he used in 2016, when he called the process “rigged” and withheld his support long after the outcome was decided.

In 2016, Hillary Clinton won the nomination as the clear preference of the majority of her party’s electorate. She won 55 percent of the primary vote, as opposed to just 43 percent for Sanders, which is not an especially narrow margin.

It is true that, in a very broad sense, Democratic Party leaders decided early on to support Clinton’s candidacy, and she received major endorsements from elected officials and interest groups. That, however, is not what most people understand by the term “rigged.” What’s more, the process probably benefited Sanders. By clearing the field for Clinton, Sanders was able to position himself as the catch-all candidate for a broad coalition of voters who opposed Clinton for various reasons: Voters who considered her too moderate, or too liberal, or too corrupt all voted for Sanders, who had the anti-Clinton field to himself.
    Hopefully he has changed his mind about this. I posted it without checking the date.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-21-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Dozens of new websites appear to be Michigan local news outlets, but with political bent

LANSING — Dozens of websites branded as local news outlets launched throughout Michigan this fall, with monikers like Lansing Sun, Ann Arbor Times, Thumb Reporter and UP Gazette, promising local news but also offering political messaging.

The nearly 40 new sites present a challenge for readers navigating a digital media environment that has unlimited space for publishing stories that are hard to distinguish as journalism, advocacy or political messaging.

A Lansing Sun story describing Michigan's well-padded road repair fund first caught the attention of Matt Grossmann, director of Michigan State University’s Institute for Public Policy and Social Research. The angle seemed odd, considering the role Michigan's crumbling infrastructure played in Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's campaign and the fall's budget negotiations.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Sanders is in 4th place in Iowa. He has some work to do. And he still needs to do it in a way that won't give him another health crisis ... I don't think his candidacy could survive a 2nd hospitalization.
    Agreed. Sanders has to be careful. I’m not all that fond of his politics, but I don’t want to see him wind up in the hospital again.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So do we call this crap Yellow Journalism or Muckraking or what?

Also I don't know if this is allowed, but link to Resetera's thread on events in Lebonnon. Apparently this started because of the What'sapp tax which seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/inc...esting.148055/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    While the measure easily failed. The language in it is laughable. GOP saying Schiff is misleading the public and it lowers the standards of the House. WTF has Trump been doing the ENTIRE presidency. And they absolutely refuse to rebuke him, or check him. Like they give a **** about "misleading the public"

Bernie is going all in for Tulsi. Jeezus any lasting vestiges of support I had for him is now gone. Bernie has done some amazing work throughout his career but it’s time for him to go away.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BernieSan...146554882?s=19

He’s using the military service makes you incorruptible line.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Just... just this...

Trump: "I'm trying to get out of wars. We may have to get in wars, too."

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    While the measure easily failed. The language in it is laughable. GOP saying Schiff is misleading the public and it lowers the standards of the House. WTF has Trump been doing the ENTIRE presidency. And they absolutely refuse to rebuke him, or check him. Like they give a **** about "misleading the public"
    They are playing the "both sides" game. Funny how so many buy into it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Trump’s Cabinet meetings have become about everything but the business of his Cabinet

Under Trump, Cabinet meetings have become less about the business of his Cabinet than an opportunity for the president to invite in the assembled press to boast of his own accomplishments, lash out at his critics and to hear the praise flow forth from advisers seated around a large oval table. The gatherings, with the press in attendance, often stretch for 60 to 90 minutes.

During a June 2017 Cabinet meeting, Trump went around the table, allowing his top aides to thank him for allowing them to serve his administration. Then-White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus called the opportunity a “blessing.”
    Trump trashed his former secretary of defense, Jim Mattis, during a Cabinet meeting in January, shortly after he resigned because the retired four-star Marine general said they didn’t share the same perspective on how to treat allies.

“What’s he done for me?” Trump said.

On Monday, the president seemed particularly aggrieved by criticism of his foreign policy decisions in the Middle East, his attempt to stage the Group of Seven meeting at his golf resort in Florida and the ongoing impeachment inquiry by House Democrats that has dominated the headlines. On every front, he said, he was undeserving of the criticism and tried to deflect it back on his opponents. “Illegitimate” and “phony” were his words du jour.

“You people with this phony emoluments clause,” he said, dismissing concerns that hosting international leaders at the Trump National Doral Miami resort would have violated the constitutional ban on presidents accepting gifts or money from foreign governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Bernie is going all in for Tulsi. Jeezus any lasting vestiges of support I had for him is now gone. Bernie has done some amazing work throughout his career but it’s time for him to go away.

- https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/20/polit...ntv/index.html

Pete Buttigieg dismisses claim that Tulsi Gabbard is a 'Russian asset'
    The South Bend, Indiana, mayor told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" that he considers Gabbard, who represents Hawaii's 2nd District, a "competitor" and "statements like that ought to be backed by evidence." He said the focus among his Democratic competitors should be on policy and the needs of American voters.

"I don't know what the basis is for that," he said. "But I consider her to be a competitor. I respect her service. I also have very different views than she does, especially on foreign policy, and I would prefer to have that argument in terms of policy which is what we do at debates and what we're doing as we go forward."
    Never mind that Beto has essentially said the exact same thing.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/1...ar-on-facebook

A Republican state senator from North Dakota took to Facebook to post a long-debunked photo that claims to be Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar holding a weapon at an al-Qaida training camp.
    The photo on the home page of Rep. Oley Larsen, of Minot, has been debunked by several sources since it appeared on social media this summer. It's an Associated Press photo taken at a Mogadishu military training campus in 1978, before Omar was born.
    Larsen also called Omar an "elected terrorist" in the comments section of his post.
    Hey, WBE! A quick glance at his wiki tells me he may be worth a look: " He is opposed to anti-bullying legislation, arguing that it would promote a victim mentality"

Tulsi Gabbard Just Released a Bonkers Response Video About Hillary Clinton

Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard released a video Sunday blasting Hillary Clinton, claiming that Clinton and the “war machine” are trying to “destroy” and “discredit” her because she dared defy them by supporting Bernie Sanders in 2016. “They will not intimidate us. They will not silence us,” Gabbard says before making a plea to viewers to join her in “speaking truth to power.” “Don’t be afraid.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/1...ar-on-facebook

Hey, WBE! A quick glance at his wiki tells me he may be worth a look: " He is opposed to anti-bullying legislation, arguing that it would promote a victim mentality"
    Well, Oley Larson is in the queue. Don't know if he'll get a profile before the end of 2020, but he's in there for sure.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Do tell. Clearly Sanders didn’t pay any attention to how “Lapdog” Mattis debased himself while serving in Trump’s White House.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!