Page 800 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 300700750790796797798799800801802803804810850900 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 17573
    BANNED

Trying to tone police Bernie supporters to take the focus away from how terrible of a candidate Biden is seems like a tactical misstep. The people who are really toxic won't stop harassing you just because you told them to, and lumping the rest of Sanders voters with the "bros" is only going to make us even more exasperated with this whole process and just sit out the general election. Any sane voter can see this misdirection from what it really is, a lame attempt to take Biden and his inability to speak a coherent sentence out of the limelight and to distract Bernie by forcing him to constantly answer questions about bros instead of discussing policy. It's weak, and it won't work.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Trying to tone police Bernie supporters to take the focus away from how terrible of a candidate Biden is seems like a tactical misstep. The people who are really toxic won't stop harassing you just because you told them to, and lumping the rest of Sanders voters with the "bros" is only going to make us even more exasperated with this whole process and just sit out the general election. Any sane voter can see this misdirection from what it really is, a lame attempt to take Biden and his inability to speak a coherent sentence out of the limelight and to distract Bernie by forcing him to constantly answer questions about bros instead of discussing policy. It's weak, and it won't work.
    Nobody's doing that. Ignoring how certain supporters are toxic is normalising their behaviour, and makes Sanders campaign look bad by association.
    The only people linking toxic supporters with rational Bernie supporters are Bernie supporters in this thread. Except this has been a problem for years for Sanders, it isn't a subject that became prevalent this week. Shifting the focus to Biden when the Bernie Bros influence is hurting Sanders is an act of desperate to change the subject. This is devastating after Warren's recent interview where she talked to him about them.

Those Bernie Supporters that cause the most trouble, to pharaphrase a saying, 'With Supporters like them who needs enemies.'. The only one, the only thing they are hurting is Sanders' Candidacy. As you said, it distracts Bernie.

As far as the rest of us are concerned, I doubt many are swayed by the attacks. This is especially true when attacking Biden for his stutter.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Nobody's doing that. Ignoring how certain supporters are toxic is normalising their behaviour, and makes Sanders campaign look bad by association.
    The only people linking toxic supporters with rational Bernie supporters are Bernie supporters in this thread. Except this has been a problem for years for Sanders, it isn't a subject that became prevalent this week. Shifting the focus to Biden when the Bernie Bros influence is hurting Sanders is an act of desperate to change the subject. This is devastating after Warren's recent interview where she talked to him about them.
    I love how all these moderates are white knighting Elizabeth Warren now that's she's out of the race, when we all know that if she was still a viable contender they'd be going after her and her supporters just as hard as they are now going after Bernie. She's not one of you, and her campaign was never about some vague idea of female empowerment but about concrete policies aimed at targeting those of power and privilege in this country. Trying to reduce her to some vapid girl power caricature when she never campaigned on that, well that seems pretty sexist to me.

And oh yeah, anybody remember this:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...883719168?s=20
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 03-07-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As far as the rest of us are concerned, I doubt many are swayed by the attacks. This is especially true when attacking Biden for his stutter.
    And I’m tired of the “Biden has dementia” argument. He misspeaks. He always has. But I’ve had many family members die after battling dementia and Alzheimer’s in their final years. It is insulting to minimize their experience down to memory failure or not being able to speak. My grandfather didn’t even recognize me, even in more lucid moments. He got scared to see people he didn’t see on the daily. This was before he completely lost all recognition of anything. The only memory I have of him before he truly suffered from this, he just had a few memory problems—not too different from Biden in the way he speaks either—it was ten years before the first time I saw him freak out about meeting new people. The timelines on this are different with everyone, but AT MOST Biden could be diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment and that really doesn’t lend itself to much in the short term period of a four-year presidential term. It’s insulting to hear people think this low about people even at this stage (if it is a stage at all—most of us don’t get diagnosed with “mild cognitive impairment” because they are not dissimilar from “senior moments”). Just...ugh.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet, but a visitor to CPAC was confirmed to have the coronavirus. It should be noted that almost every single major Republican (except Mitt Romney, who's probably very happy he wasn't invited now) was there, and that includes the President and the Vice President.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Still, you never answered my question. Have you encountered anyone on Twitter or other social media who behaved in the way that was described in my post? Honestly, I am willing to see both sides, however when I ask all I get is deflection and emotional reactions.

Logical discourse would be nice for once.
    I posted multiple images and posts just a couple pages back of Biden supporters using Right Wing talking points against Sanders, and no one here disputed them. They most likely ignored them.

But Tami, Seriously if there is Video of Biden being terrible on the issues you posted in David Corns hack attack.
    How is the Truth of what Biden did a bad thing and Trumpian?

If I go back and post a C-span Video of Biden attacking social Security how is that a Right Wing attack, if I use his own words?

Last edited by Tazirai; 03-07-2020 at 07:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    And I’m tired of the “Biden has dementia” argument. He misspeaks. He always has. But I’ve had many family members die after battling dementia and Alzheimer’s in their final years. It is insulting to minimize their experience down to memory failure or not being able to speak. My grandfather didn’t even recognize me, even in more lucid moments. He got scared to see people he didn’t see on the daily. This was before he completely lost all recognition of anything. The only memory I have of him before he truly suffered from this, he just had a few memory problems—not too different from Biden in the way he speaks either—it was ten years before the first time I saw him freak out about meeting new people. The timelines on this are different with everyone, but AT MOST Biden could be diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment and that really doesn’t lend itself to much in the short term period of a four-year presidential term. It’s insulting to hear people think this low about people even at this stage (if it is a stage at all—most of us don’t get diagnosed with “mild cognitive impairment” because they are not dissimilar from “senior moments”). Just...ugh.
    Yeah it's kind of a silly line of attack, what we should be focused on is that Biden pretty much never has anything intelligent to say even when he's not stumbling through his sentences. I'll ask this again, can you guys really not find anyone better?

BANNED

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/bi...-and-medicare/

I find this all this discussion fascinating.
    Last edited by Crabble; 03-07-2020 at 08:00 PM.

BANNED

It's not hard to find the "Trump talking point" if Biden said them himself, and recently.

BANNED

Starting at minute 26 he starts agreeing with Paul Ryan on Social Security. These videos are not hard to find. If telling the truth is an attack now, I don't know what to say.

BANNED

His own words on the crime bill.

If a moron like me can find it in seconds for free. A paid moron lol, can definitely find it without trying.

Astonishing Member

A cure for the coronavirus has been found!

"The Jim Bakker Show is suggesting that the silver solution it sells can kill the coronavirus within 12 hours."

I wonder of some televangelists are atheists making a quick buck.

Astonishing Member

I love how all these moderates are white knighting Elizabeth Warren now that's she's out of the race, when we all know that if she was still a viable contender they'd be going after her and her supporters just as hard as they are now going after Bernie. She's not one of you, and her campaign was never about some vague idea of female empowerment but about concrete policies aimed at targeting those of power and privilege in this country. Trying to reduce her to some vapid girl power caricature when she never campaigned on that, well that seems pretty sexist to me.
    Stop gatekeeping who's a progressive. I'm not a moderate I'm a Liberal, and myself and others like me have been in her corner since she appeared in politics. I was a fan of her's since she made her name known with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I wa supporting her in the race when shew as in it, too. Don't be disingenuous by erasing the support she's had in this thread.

Of course she's one of us, she's a capitalist not a leftist. This is the biggest barrier between her and Sanders, she's "not pure" like he is. It's why they turned on her so quickly. She's been upfront about it being about female empowerment and that, all the female candidates have this election. She's not socially conservative like Tulsi Gabbard. Making sexist remarks like "some vapid girl power caricature when she never campaigned on that, well that seems pretty sexist to me." is sexist, and you're the one saying that, not me. You didn't like her comments about Sanders this week, did you?

And oh yeah, anybody remember this:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...883719168?s=20
    Yes, I do. Part of the primaries is forming alliances when they drop out, and that's hardly the silver bullet you think it is. She's had bigger fights with Sanders and Bloomberg.