Page 810 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 310710760800806807808809810811812813814820860910 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Ted Cruz is self quarantining because he shook hands with the person who tested positive for the Coronavirus at CPAC.
    Oh, let's hope he's the very last person to get tested. And then turns out to be negative so that he was quarantined for nothing. Wa-wa.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I honestly don’t think you’ve seen Trump talk outside of sound bites on the news if you truly believe that Trump speaks coherently.
    I got to admit he was funny last time in the debates, way funnier than Biden. There were times he was on fire. Sorry, I'm just being honest.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sanders flubbed his front runner status in record time, and you think he's going to save us from Trump? The attacks against Sanders write themselves.
    If the same was not true of Biden, you might have something like a point.

Meanwhile, out in actual reality?

Sanders has been ready to at least try to deal with that.

Biden?

He challenged a guy to a pushup contest, and put his hands on another guy after he accused him of backing someone he was not. No discussion to be had about if it is what happened. It is what he did.

If the party intends on nominating him? That's the way it goes.

What it doesn't do is change the reality is that Biden's reaction when pressed thus far has been concerning. If you are not accounting for that reality? How you are in a position to talk about the damage that others are doing is incredibly questionable.

Astonishing Member

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._drop_out.html

Shame on Sanders for pushing conspiracy theories.
    And his followers are disseminating his conspiracy theories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If the same was not true of Biden, you might have something like a point.

Meanwhile, out in actual reality?

Sanders has been ready to at least try to deal with that.

Biden?

He challenged a guy to a pushup contest, and put his hands on another guy after he accused him of backing someone he was not. No discussion to be had about if it is what happened. It is what he did.

If the party intends on nominating him? That's the way it goes.

What it doesn't do is change the reality is that Biden's reaction when pressed thus far has been concerning. If you are not accounting for that reality? How you are in a position to talk about the damage that others are doing is incredibly questionable.
    The Biden attacks will be less effective, since the Democrats believe in him rather than Sanders.

"Try," he just lost his front runner status but doing mistakes anyone could see was horrible and he kept doubling down when given softballs by the media.

They're both horrible candidates, that is a weakness of Biden's.

You think what Sanders has done to implode his campaign recently isn't concerning? He lost his front runner status and is getting wrecked by Biden on every front. Your post insinuated that Sanders is in great shape, when he outright dodged being in Selma during the Bloody Sunday anniversary.

We all know he has a speech impediment.

And I think the town hall setting was changed because a lot of people complained debates weren’t conducive to learning more about how the candidates think through policy. How many times, as president, do you debate someone? You mostly speak, in long form or in town hall settings, to discuss your plans. Still, there is more to that than there is to most DNC conspiracies shared on this thread, so I’ll give it that.

But the point of the matter is you either ignorantly or knowingly spread misinformation on the thread to hurt a nominee that you think is weak. If he was so weak, we wouldn’t have to resort to deceptively edited footage to make him look bad.
    He was more coherent just four years ago compared to what he is now.
    Watch this video and tell me that Joe Biden is fit for office. His brain stops working for a few seconds, he briefly thinks he was Vice President in 1976.

"..we did that in 1976. Excuse me, two thou — backing up here — 2014 is when we did that, when we struck it down."
    BB

The Biden attacks will be less effective, since the Democrats believe in him rather than Sanders.

"Try," he just lost his front runner status but doing mistakes anyone could see was horrible and he kept doubling down when given softballs by the media.

They're both horrible candidates, that is a weakness of Biden's.

You think what Sanders has done to implode his campaign recently isn't concerning? He lost his front runner status and is getting wrecked by Biden on every front. Your post insinuated that Sanders is in great shape, when he outright dodged being in Selma during the Bloody Sunday anniversary.
    Compared to challenging a guy to a pushup contest simply because he was pressed a little bit on an issue?

No, it is not even remotely concerning.

Since the General will be up against a Republican, your concerns about what you think Sanders issues are amount to an essential non-issue. Never mind that Democrats giving Biden the benefit of the doubt might not save him in a General where they are not the entirety of the vote.

Never mind that Sanders is still not far away from being tied with Biden even though his campaign is apparently going up in smoke.

Again, Sanders?

He is ready to deal with attacks on who he is in a General.

Nothing I have seen so far does anything like leading me to believe that Biden is anything like ready to deal with repeated hits on what he actually has done. Forget the stuff that he is losing his cool over thus far.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-08-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Have you ever talked to someone with a speech impediment and a difficulty in turning thoughts into words. I struggled with it for a lot of my youth and I still fumble the ball sometimes when I try to recall precise information and get it out to match the speed of the rate I was talking. I’m so sick of this line of argument. I would think that you guys had enough ammunition with him not being “progressive” or “liberal” enough for you rather than engaging in bad faith arguments about a guy with a speech impediment.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Yeah, he can actually speak unlike Sleepy Joe.
    If you think Trump can speak coherently you need to get off these boards and start talking to some theoretical scientists to find your way back to your home dimension, because it certainly isn't this one. The one from here doesn't do that.

Either that or you are a right winger trying to stir up dissent, and your use of a Trump insult (Sleepy Joe) does seem to be a giveaway on that front.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Again, Sanders?

He is ready to deal with attacks on who he is in a General.

Nothing I have seen so does anything like leading me to believe that Biden is anything like ready to deal with repeated hits on what he actually has done. Forget the stuff that he is losing his cool over thus far.
    Great! With Sanders and Trump, we can have TWO candidates lamenting they fact that the deck was stacked against them and, without evidence, claim that they are being victimized by some out-of-touch establishment for attacks on their character or ideas. That will be a healthy time for democracy!

Great! With Sanders and Trump, we can have TWO candidates lamenting they fact that the deck was stacked against them and, without evidence, claim that they are being victimized by some out-of-touch establishment for attacks on their character or ideas. That will be a healthy time for democracy!
    Again, this nonsense will not create a situation where a guy who is challenging someone to a pushup contest is actually ready to take a hit in a General.

Trying to change the subject won't change that.

While I guess it can be ignored, doing so isn't going to change that is will most likely make putting a win together in a General more difficult.

Again, this nonsense will not create a situation where a guy who is challenging someone to a pushup contest is actually ready to take a hit in a General.

Trying to change the subject won't change that.

While I guess it can be ignored, doing so isn't going to change that is will most likely make putting a win together in a General more difficult.
    Nah. What I’m saying is Bernie Sanders isn’t likely to be as strong as people seem to think he will be. His rhetorical approach is enough to turn off a majority of Democratic voters. I can’t imagine how a more moderate audience in the general would feel. The only way to get Sanders elected seems to be to get the youth vote, who couldn’t even be bothered to turn out for a primary. I just don’t understand why would think that Sanders would be stronger in an environment where people who support his ideas make up a demographically smaller proportion of that electorate.

As for not being able to be questioned about a record or problems with an idea, Trump is about as thin-skinned as one can get. He either blames it on the “fake news media” or simply, outright, says something is “wrong”. Maybe there would be a legitimate issue with Biden in any other election cycle, but not this one.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-08-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Nah. What I’m saying is Bernie Sanders isn’t likely to be as strong as people seem to think he will be. His rhetorical approach is enough to turn off a majority of Democratic voters. I can’t imagine how a more moderate audience in the general would feel. The only way to get Sanders elected seems to be to get the youth vote, who couldn’t even be bothered to turn out for a primary. I just don’t understand why would think that Sanders would be stronger in an environment where people who support his ideas make up a demographically smaller proportion of that electorate.
    I can at least say that primaries typically have a smaller percentage of the voting eligible population show up than in the general.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I can at least say that primaries typically have a smaller percentage of the voting eligible population show up than in the general.
    Except for the fact that there has been record turnout this primary cycle and their enthusiastic support isn’t for Sanders, who only really does super well in caucus states. No, their enthusiasm was for Biden, who now has a lead both in delegates and the popular vote.

That we know there is no chance he will try to challenge someone to a pushup contest.

Biden's issues in his record is worrying enough. That the attack ads all but write themselves? Even more worrying.

The way that Biden has reacted to it thus far?

On another level. It won't matter if you are the most likely to be able win on paper if anything like his reaction when pressed during the primary repeats itself in the General.

And, all of that is if some of the things coming to light during the primary turn around and break his way during the General. Which is not something I would bank on.