Page 817 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 317717767807813814815816817818819820821827867917 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,255 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I think we can all agree that if Sanders doesn't shock everyone with a Michigan win tomorrow that the nomination is pretty securely in Biden's hands, right?
    The Detroit Free Press currently has Biden polling at a 24% lead. It's pretty much all over except for the remaining stages of grief.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Rep. Gaetz was on Air Force One with President Trump today. Now being self quarantined for coronavirus exposure.

That's... number 3?
    Perhaps that shitstain should’ve left the gas mask on. Karma dropped in and kicked him squarely in the ass.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps that shitstain should’ve left the gas mask on. Karma dropped in and kicked him squarely in the ass.
    Hes such a douche bag. He had a virus death in his district after that stunt too.

Rep. Gaetz was on Air Force One with President Trump today. Now being self quarantined for coronavirus exposure.

That's... number 3?
    Haha Trump is a germaphobe so he’s probably freaking out.

Maybe he’ll cancel his hate rallies for a while as the unwashed masses are covered with germs. It’ll be his germaphobia vs his narcissism.

Astonishing Member

That's... number 3?
    So first he's making fun of the coronavirus and now he self quarantines himself? As the far right like to say, you can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    The polls would have to be WAY off for Sanders even to achieve one of those Bernie Math "ties" in Michigan.

The average of the recent 5 polls by different pollsters gives Biden a 22.6 point lead over Sanders.

Of the 10 polls done for the Michigan primaries in total, Sanders only had a lead in one (1).
    If I recall correctly, Clinton was “leading” in Michigan by roughly the same amount to be upset by Bernie in 2016.

That isn’t too say that’ll happen this time. Polling has been more consistent this time since they have been able to adequately weight support for Bernie. Oftentimes, it ended up overestimating his support actually. That being said, maybe Sanders has a strength there that hasn’t been captured in the polls that he is counting on in the state.

But if he can’t get Michigan it’s over. Washington is also going to be 50/50 vote split when Washington in 2016 was a caucus that Sanders did real well in.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Purely anecdotal, but on places where I interact with Trump supporters, like Facebook, I still haven't see them turn from their guy. Still doing a perfect job. Hard to believe.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Detroit Free Press currently has Biden polling at a 24% lead. It's pretty much all over except for the remaining stages of grief.
    Worth noting even the Free Press noted they had Hilary leading by a similar amount in the same poll from 2016. Doesn't mean this years is wrong, but it is something to consider. Either way voting tomorrow, hopefully the lines won't be too bad.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Irregardless of the rumors surrounding their health, whoever does end up being the Democratic nominee better put in the time to know Trump more than Trump knows himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Yeah he barely beat a child molester his seat was always in danger
    He also lied to and abused the good will Black voters gave him to actually try and change things. and he did nothing for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Beyond parody now.
    To these people, Russia is behind everything.

If it rains too hard? Russia!
    My Ebay order late? Russia!
    My food order wrong at Burgerfi? Russia!

Russia, russia, russia!

It's never the fault of the people running.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I didn't twist anything. You literally said that Biden will do nothing at best and be just like the GOP at worst. You also compared not nominating Sanders to killing you and themselves.
    Biden and the Democrats will do nothing to help us. Can you name ONE policy they've pushed for in the last few years? One that even without the votes, they tried to fight for us?
    Name something.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yes I said that if Biden wins, the Republicans might as well win because of, ya know, Biden's actual on film record of saying contradictory things and claiming he would do one thing and then that he would do the exact opposite. That's one candidate I compared to the GOP which is hardly the same thing as saying there is no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans. All of the Republicans would do that and one democrat has proven that we can't trust anything he says.

And, yes, with Buttigieg, Warren and everyone else out of the race for all practical purposes, and it's now coming down to either Sanders or Biden, we absolutely will be shooting ourselves in the foot by voting for Biden who has actually said he would cut Social Security and do all sorts of things that are the Republican agenda (and then says he won't then he will then he won't). Or we could vote for the guy who consistently says he will fight to strengthen SS, keep and expand Medicare and who has a record of fighting for such things. Yes, I do believe he has the lesser chance to win the general election but he might win and that's still better odds than hoping Biden both wins and actually does anything progressive.

But bottom line: saying I don't trust Biden is not saying I don't trust any of the Democratic candidates. It's saying there is one particular democrat I don't trust to be better than a Republican (albeit nobody could be as bad as Trump but he could likely just change nothing).
    Agreed. As a black man, I really expect NOTHING from him and the Democrats. Since so many here get up in their feelings on Centrism and leftism, Maybe we should start a third party?
    Maybe DSA should run as an Independent party, and in the next 8 to 12 years become a fully viable option.
    I most likely won't be here, because as I get older, Centrists think my Diabetic care should be "Affordable" and not free at the point of service.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So, do you assume that Biden will continue all of Trump's policies? Or do you think he will undo all of Trump's madness and then not go any further despite the general thirst for change on the left? There's changing nothing, and then there's changing nothing.

Also: Do you honestly believe that congressional Dems would support Biden in cutting Social Security?
    Democrats just gave Trump 120 BILLION to murder people, and it would cost 80 billion to educate. Yeah I think Democrats would, since so many of them are actual fuckin morons and think appealing to the right wing is the best option for a WINNING Coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    No, the bs Russia narrative. Even the democratic candidates Booker and Castro have pointed out Sleepy Joe's mental decline.
    Exactly. Russia, Russia, Russia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I think we can all agree that if Sanders doesn't shock everyone with a Michigan win tomorrow that the nomination is pretty securely in Biden's hands, right?
    Not necessarily. Florida hurts Bernie more than Michigan. Michigan sets a false Narrative about Black voters.
    If he comes in close then it's still game on.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-10-2020 at 07:05 PM.

BANNED

As a black man, black people like Clyburn and others are complete sellouts.
    Totally agree with the brother Cornell West.

Our people have Stockholm Syndrome with the Democrats...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Not necessarily. Florida hurts Bernie more than Michigan. Michigan sets a false Narrative about Black voters.
    If he comes in close then it's still game on.

I don't listen to posters like paul, because Paul feels privileged that people will accept their lot, under a do nothing Democrat who is possibly mentally unstable.
    As a person who has had multiple family members actually suffer from Alzheimer’s, Biden doesn’t even symptomatically fall underneath Mild Cognitive Impairment. Maybe some memory problems all seniors have and a speech impediment to boot, but it is really insulting to me to minimize my grandparents’ experience to merely misstating facts. It is, in reality, much scarier.

The issue is that Sanders has to get 55% of the remaining delegates. Without taking a majority of Michigan, especially with Missouri and Mississippi on the same night, it could bury Sanders’ campaign before they even get to Florida. Given the only other state that votes that night that looks good for Sanders has him in a virtual tie to Biden now (Washington). I just don’t see how Michigan doesn’t end up being a bellweather for his campaign.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.