Page 826 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 326726776816822823824825826827828829830836876926 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'm a black guy who has seen first hand what Bloomberg has done to the Tri State area.
    I'm good. If you want to support the bigoted racist authoritarian. That's on you.

This ain't got shit to do with Bernie, but lived experience.
    Does that experience include trying to dodge the fact that your chosen candidate can't get enough votes to win?

I don't care if you're a green guy -- you're lying on people and you need to stop it before people just stop bothering to talk to you at all.

No one here is voicing support for Bloomberg -- taking his money to fight against racism is not supporting "racist authoritarian" actions.

Most Democrats do not support Sanders or Bloomberg which is why both are losing -- or have already lost -- the primary battle.

Stop lying on others just because they don't support your candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Nor mine. I had—count them—four other options this time that I liked more, two of whom I donated to before any votes were even cast. My first choice was Harris, followed by O’Rourke, then Booker, then Warren. Biden was just in my top five of the candidates running. But...c’est la vie.
    It's a false argument regardless -- he's just making things up in order to try to justify his attacks on others.

Says a lot that Sanders supporters are the only ones here acting as if their candidate is entitled to the nomination despite losing the vote.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-10-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Voted in the Michigan primary, can't tell if it's because it's the absentee ballot system, my area's more republican than most, or just a lack of enthusiasm but went right after work with no line. Think it took me an hour for the primary in 2016.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Voted in the Michigan primary, can't tell if it's because it's the absentee ballot system, my area's more republican than most, or just a lack of enthusiasm but went right after work with no line. Think it took me an hour for the primary in 2016.
    Do you have any feel or prediction as to which way Michigan might go?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BREAKING: I’m declaring a State of Emergency for New Jersey amid an outbreak of #COVID19.

We’ve been ahead of the curve in terms of our preparations, and this declaration will help keep us there.

For more information, visit http://nj.gov/health
    Twitter Link

Oh...boy.....

Trying not to get too nervous, but I do have Asthma.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-10-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Do you have any feel or prediction as to which way Michigan might go?
    Polls are all saying Biden, but it's hard to tell. Hasn't really been the talk of the town where I am.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

Yes I do, because I live in Noth Carolina, and am Politically active in North Carolina, and understand North Carolina politics. Ys the Democrats bowed to the GOP here for years. When I first moved here 20 years ago, NC was VERY blue. Every Governor until Pat McrCrory was a Democrat while I lived here. The house was blue, and the State senate was blue. Obama won NC. But as soon as nothing changed for people in NC, the GOP swooped right in, and it all started with our last Democratic Governor who was taking that money. Bev Perdue and Kay Hagan started to compromise on Everything with the state GOP. They led the party here, and started bending the knee to centrists and Republicans.
    I was talking about national politics. Sounds like the GOP took over California, so the governor did what they had to make progress since they dint col the winning hand any longer. When a rival party controls congress "fighting" political theatre improves nothing.

Then the take over began. So yes, Democrats are partly to blame. The fact that you can't see that is on you. If you think the Democrats are so damned innocent and never at fault, it shows more of a cult-like admiration, instead of deep thinking into politics.
    I've done Moral Monday Marches with Rev William Barber, Black Lives Matter, the Womens March etc.

I am VERY politically active. And understanding state politics is a thing for me.
    Never said the Dems were "innocent", whatever that means, or at fault. When the GOP have an advance in congress you conflate "fighting" with winning when to accomplish any wins requires compromise. They do what you want we get nothing, and you'd blame them for that, too. Stop projecting. You may be politically active, but you don't fully understand the system and the barriers the Democrats have to overcome to make progress. And don't fall for Republican propaganda, they're Republicans. Unless you are one you have no reason to parrot their thoughts on anything. They're supposed to be the Enemy.

This is yet another reason why I am done with the Democratic party after this election.
    Your "party" was Team Bernie, it was never the Democrats.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-10-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Says a lot that Sanders supporters are the only ones here acting as if their candidate is entitled to the nomination despite losing the vote.
    You really struggle to get a little jab at Sanders supporters in every single post, don't you?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    You really struggle to get a little jab at Sanders supporters in every single post, don't you?
    It's not a jab -- it's an admonition pointing out that attacking and blaming other Democrats is not the key to success within the party.

Nor will it help prevent Republicans from solidifying their hold on the Supreme Court, hindering progressive policies for at least a generation.

It's also the obvious truth -- no one else is complaining about not winning the nomination despite not getting enough votes to do so.

More relevantly, stop arguing and deliver on those voters who were going to both take over the primaries and win against Trump.

I doubt anyone here other than Republicans would complain if Sanders could actually make that happen.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-10-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

No improvement in exit polls in 4 years with black voters for Sanders. Missouri and Mississippi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Does that experience include trying to dodge the fact that your chosen candidate can't get enough votes to win?

I don't care if you're a green guy -- you're lying on people and you need to stop it before people just stop bothering to talk to you at all.

No one here is voicing support for Bloomberg -- taking his money to fight against racism is not supporting "racist authoritarian" actions.

Most Democrats do not support Sanders or Bloomberg which is why both are losing -- or have already lost -- the primary battle.

Stop lying on others just because they don't support your candidate.

It's a false argument regardless -- he's just making things up in order to try to justify his attacks on others.

Aja. We're good then. I even mention it's lived experience and not sanders and you gaslight me. Just ignore my posts then since they seem to trigger you so much.

I've hated Bloom erg since 1995 but yeah it's Bernie.
    I've hated Trump since I was 12 in 86.

I no longer care that you think I'm lying. I've told you this before. But you keep trying to tell me I feel something I don't feel.

That's called gas lighting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    But what if Nina Turner decides to primary President Biden instead of opting for a third party run?
    My only response to you...

I wish Nina the best. I'm done with a party screaming values but rigging outcomes and taking money from racist bigots.

Good luck Nina.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter Link

Oh...boy.....

Trying not to get too nervous, but I do have Asthma.
    Please be careful.

Meanwhile, the first case popped up here in Philly where I live.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Aja. We're good then. I even mention it's lived experience and not sanders and you gaslight me. Just ignore my posts then since they seem to trigger you so much.

I've hated Bloom erg since 1995 but yeah it's Bernie.
    I've hated Trump since I was 12 in 86.

I no longer care that you think I'm lying. I've told you this before. But you keep trying to tell me I feel something I don't feel.

That's called gas lighting.
    Im not at all "triggered" -- I just don't like you lying about Biden being my guy or acting as if anyone who questions Sanders is out to get him.

You don't get to dictate to others who the democratically elected nominee is nor do you get to lie about others without being called out for it.

I personally don't care who you "hate" -- just don't try to sabotage Biden and other Democrats simply because people don't prefer your candidate.

If you do, don't complain when you are treated just like the Republicans that you support in doing so.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-10-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Youth turnout down again in Michigan. Another hit to being able to turnout more youth and mysterious voters that only vote for Sanders.

Biden over performing Hillary by alot so far in Michigan

My only response to you...

I wish Nina the best. I'm done with a party screaming values but rigging outcomes and taking money from racist bigots.

Good luck Nina.
    "Rigging outcomes" 🙄