Page 827 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 327727777817823824825826827828829830831837877927 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,405 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Nina "Tulsi Gabbard is a great person" Turner.

https://twitter.com/ninaturner/statu...92062822719488

Being a progressive is more than being economically left, Taz.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Looks like Biden won the primaries in Mississippi and Missouri:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...ace-6-n1153296
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    "Rigging outcomes" ��
    I voted for Warren and would have voted for Sanders as a second choice but I’m not buying the whole “the Democratic establishment rigged the election” claim. It’s been about 5 years since Bernie became a household name and has had the opportunity to get his message out. People know what he stands for/represents and have had more than enough time to form a decision. It’s far past the point where we can claim the Democratic establishment is twisting his message and forcing people to vote against him. After countless debates, rallies, and media appearances Bernie has made his message clear. Sadly, the voters did not respond.

As far as Biden’s potential VP pick, he’s obviously going to choose a woman. Rumors swirling that Trump will replace Pence with Haley. Some are saying that by putting Pence in charge of the coronavirus task force, it could be a way to lay the blame on him for the horribly mismanaged response. Biden better pick his VP soon or the orange jackass is going to claim that having a female VP was his idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Looks like Biden won the primaries in Mississippi and Missouri:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...ace-6-n1153296
    And Biden takes Michigan.

Sanders really needed a state to be a surprise tonight to keep on track, especially since states next week, especially Florida, are looking grim. If Biden keeps a relatively good margin (right now, he is twelve points ahead) on Sanders going forward in the state, this probably buries Sanders’ campaign. Washington better come through for Sanders.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I voted for Warren and would have voted for Sanders as a second choice but I’m not buying the whole “the Democratic establishment rigged the election” claim. It’s been about 5 years since Bernie became a household name and has had the opportunity to get his message out. People know what he stands for/represents and have had more than enough time to form a decision. It’s far past the point where we can claim the Democratic establishment is twisting his message and forcing people to vote against him. After countless debates, rallies, and media appearances Bernie has made his message clear. Sadly, the voters did not respond.

As far as Biden’s potential VP pick, he’s obviously going to choose a woman. Rumors swirling that Trump will replace Pence with Haley. Some are saying that by putting Pence in charge of the coronavirus task force, it could be a way to lay the blame on him for the horribly mismanaged response. Biden better pick his VP soon or the orange jackass is going to claim that having a female VP was his idea.
    The guy has been running for President for almost five years and couldn’t beat the guy with “mental illness” as claimed by Sanders surrogates and Trump folks. If Sanders was still this weak after a few moderates endorsed a fellow moderate (only after the largest win of the primary up to that point in South Carolina), then it wasn’t “rigged” against him. He just wasn’t strong enough to win in a non-crowded field to begin with.

Astonishing Member

Really looks like Sanders did so well in 2016 because so many people were anti-Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Really looks like Sanders did so well in 2016 because so many people were anti-Hillary.
    The data does seem to suggest that given Biden’s much better performance among “moderates” and “somewhat liberal” as well as white working class folks than her. Hopefully that holds true for Trump as well.

As far as Biden’s potential VP pick, he’s obviously going to choose a woman.
    I don't think its that obvious. Trump by being Trump motivates the female and minority vote to turn out for the dem nominee so they are largely irrelevant. What the dem nominee, presumably Biden at this point, has to do is appeal to the blue collar workers that swung the rust belt states to Trump in 2016. If there is a female or minority candidate that does this then great but I see no better option than Sherrod Brown. He is a senator from Ohio, a state that narrowly went went Trump in 2016, and he is very popular with union and blue collar workers for his labor stances which is exactly the demographic that Biden must win back from Trump.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Lin-Manuel Miranda
    Only if he can write a musical about his time as Vice president at the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    I don't think its that obvious. Trump by being Trump motivates the female and minority vote to turn out for the dem nominee so they are largely irrelevant. What the dem nominee, presumably Biden at this point, has to do is appeal to the blue collar workers that swung the rust belt states to Trump in 2016. If there is a female or minority candidate that does this then great but I see no better option than Sherrod Brown. He is a senator from Ohio, a state that narrowly went went Trump in 2016, and he is very popular with union and blue collar workers for his labor stances which is exactly the demographic that Biden must win back from Trump.
    I don’t see Biden picking any Senator that would be replaced by a Republican governor or a seat that could go to a Republican in a generic ballot. No, they need Sherrod Brown in the Senate. And I think part of Biden’s “electability” case was that he, himself, was the candidate to swing those states back.

I’ve also been of the opinion that Trump put Pence in charge of that task force for the express purpose of making him a scapegoat he can ax after coronavirus goes wild. Meanwhile, add Coachella and the men’s Ivy League basketball postseason tournament to the growing list of events cancelled because of the virus.

BANNED

Now let's play the what if this was Sanders telling a woman to shush. People in this thread, would Bernie Bros it to the hilt.
    Hypocrisy... 😁

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve also been of the opinion that Trump put Pence in charge of that task force for the express purpose of making him a scapegoat he can ax after coronavirus goes wild. Meanwhile, add Coachella and the men’s Ivy League basketball postseason tournament to the growing list of events cancelled because of the virus.
    Was Coachella cancelled? I heard it was just postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Was Coachella cancelled? I heard it was just postponed.
    You’re right, I got it wrong. Coachella has been postponed until October:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ecoach-october

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Now let's play the what if this was Sanders telling a woman to shush. People in this thread, would Bernie Bros it to the hilt.
    Hypocrisy... ��
    Okay, but he's also telling a gun-rights guy to 'STFU'. I thought you wanted Dems to 'fight'?

I'm not really defending Biden's interaction here, just pointing out what seems to be a double standard on your part.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-10-2020 at 06:50 PM.