Page 834 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 334734784824830831832833834835836837838844884934 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    If I'm trying to talk over my boss and he tells me to shush, I'll feel indignant for five seconds while I shut my trap, then realize it's his call to make to have the confrontation play out. It's perfectly possible that Biden, like many old men, holds some biases about women. Hell, I have biases about gender roles. We all do. But was his behavior inappropriate here towards his aide? No. He made a call in a tense and fluid situation. The way he acted speaks a lot more worryingly about his pride making him prickly, but that wouldn't be enough to sink him would it? Biden needs to become a sexist pig to lose.
    Lol. Would you be saying this if Bernie had said it? Be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Harris definitely isn't that person though
    She won overwhelmingly against a more moderate opponent in California with a coalition that looked pretty indistinguishable from the one I described though.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Lol. Would you be saying this if Bernie had said it? Be honest.
    Yes.

/10char

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You might be the only real black person I ever watched #walkaway.

The others were all stock photos.
    With all do respect, there's lot's of black people who have been disappointed with the democratic party. Unlike the #walkaway grifters though, most don't join the republicans ( maybe a few).

Astonishing Member

With all do respect, there's lot's of black people who have been disappointed with the democratic party. Unlike the #walkaway grifters though, most don't join the republicans ( maybe a few).
    Because, most of us have the sense to know that the GOP is racist as fuck and systematically as a party policy want to limit minority representation. Of course they can get a few token votes and support. But just like Log cabin Republicans you can always find people that will vote against their own interests or with people that actively hate you and think you are subhuman
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 03-11-2020 at 02:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Sanders promises to push on despite a virtual mathematic elimination from being able to get the nomination.

Especially given how poor Georgia and Florida already look, Sanders might be looking to rebound a bit and snag Ohio and other midwestern states this next Tuesday. But I don’t see that as particularly likely either—he lost Michigan by almost twenty points. It would have to be an absolute annihilative performance by Sanders to even close the gap in states demographically similar. And that might not even be enough.

I think it is probably time to wrap this up. I don’t mean by forcing out Sanders. I mean by having him come to the realization that this is really over. But I don’t trust him to come to that decision himself. We’ll end with a wounded nominee heading into November if he isn’t careful.
    You assume Biden isn't already wounded. Sanders staying I doesn't hurt a man already hurt by his own and the dnc mistakes. Hell last night the media who really played a huge part in unfair Treatment of Sanders and his supporters finally realized. They may have turned off a large base of voters two times on a row.

Especially when the "blue wave" has shown no real results in two years. Democrats are really hurting themselves this time. They need to out up or shut up with their left flank.

They already despise us to the point they'd rather have never Trump Republicans than Progressives. Pretty soon your party will e nominating Republicans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And if Sanders lost Michigan, he'll almost certainly lose Pennsylvania as well. Will Sanders bow out early? Nope, don't expect him to, at 78, this is his last shot at the presidency, so he'll stick it out to the bitter end, not for the sake of his supporters or the progressive moment, but for himself and his ego. At this point, I suspect he's got nothing else going for him.
    No matter how nice or benign Sanders is. You keep shitting on him lol. What ego has he shown that isn't out Weighed by Clinton's or Biden? Seriously what ego has he shown that I somehow missed? Or did you just make that up?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Aside from Bernie and AOC, who do progressives like? They seem to have completely turned on Warren. So that leaves...who? I also disagree with the assessment that she is uniformly unpopular. One of the biggest assets for Biden that she does have is the ability to communicate pretty darn well.
    Too bad Susan Sarandon is too old.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The bear has arrived under Trump's watch.

The Trump Recession is here.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Wall Street tumbles, Dow confirms bear market

Except for a brief "panic dip" in late December 2018, the DJI is now at a level last seen in November 2017.

A few more days like today, and the stock market will be back at the point where Trump inherited it from Obama.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

The guy has been running for President for almost five years and couldn’t beat the guy with “mental illness” as claimed by Sanders surrogates and Trump folks. If Sanders was still this weak after a few moderates endorsed a fellow moderate (only after the largest win of the primary up to that point in South Carolina), then it wasn’t “rigged” against him. He just wasn’t strong enough to win in a non-crowded field to begin with.
    Kinda helps when the party despises you and everyone who you call a friend despises you. Also helps when you have Barack Obama in your corner pulling strings. If you think black voters don't see Biden as hopefully Barack 2.0. I dunno what to tell ya.

The centrists are very powerful. The media runs the narrative and people are easily influenced by personality over Policy. Which is the reason why instead of just using normal cleanliness morons are buying out sanitizer. Humans are pretty shallow and it doesn't take. Much.

I don't think Biden stands a chance personally, this is the media's baby. They run the narrative.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    No matter how nice or benign Sanders is. You keep shitting on him lol. What ego has he shown that isn't out Weighed by Clinton's or Biden? Seriously what ego has he shown that I somehow missed? Or did you just make that up?
    Are you saying Sanders doesn’t have an ego, that he’s ignores that fact that the idea of being Leader of the Free World isn’t the rush that ends all rushes? At this point, he’s pretty much dead man walking with very little chance of winning the nomination, while mathematics aren’t on his side, it wouldn’t be impossible to rule out that his pride won’t let him quit, despite the odds being against him.

Meanwhile, I heard that because of the coronavirus outbreak, the NCAA announced this afternoon that March Madness games will be played in empty arenas, I do believe that’s a first for the tournament.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Looking forward for those of us who want to defeat Trump. What is the best way for Biden to do this, I do think picking someone like Abrams or Harris as VP will help shore up his black supporters. A big turn out in key States like MI and PA is crucial. I also think reaching that 10% of voters who make up their mind late is key. That is harder because they are fickle. I am sure Trump will lose the popular vote, the key is keeping him from pulling another Electoral inside straight. Thoughts?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

She won overwhelmingly against a more moderate opponent in California with a coalition that looked pretty indistinguishable from the one I described though.
    Hm..but do you think she would have won say Mississippi?

Hm..but do you think she would have won say Mississippi?
    In the general, no. Maybe in a primary absent of Biden or Booker. She would’ve needed to clarify the attacks on her record though. I think she would’ve ultimately more clearly articulated why she wasn’t all-powerful as AG and actually reduced both the rate of convictions and real convictions as a result of drug use to coordinate with a progressive record on LGBTQIA+ policies.