Page 842 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 342742792832838839840841842843844845846852892942 ... LastLast
Results 12,616 to 12,630 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    As much as I dislike Trump we cant really blame him for the panic in the market. At least not fully. I think the stock market would still be tanking even if Clinton or another Dem was in office. No president regardless of party can stop the panic of a pandemic.
    I disagree. A confident leader that can project calm and a unified message and show you that things will be handled helps enormously with rallying people. The panic is caused by obvious lies, general secrecy and scarcity of direction and information. Concerted efforts by the administration to limit trustworthy news sources which are desperately needed in these times.

The volume of lies and attacks on the press from the beginning of this administration come to roost now. People don't trust him, they don't trust certain news outlets because he said not too. It goes both ways and he absolutely can be blamed for that. He choose to prioritize the building of a racist wall stealing money from the military so he could say I fulfilled a campaign promise. To preparing us by funding the CDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I have a feeling that they were advised by the Feds to wait and see if it travels. While money can be spent ont this, a lot 9f it has to come from the Feds who give the okay to do this.
    If if the feds were saying wait and see if it travels it was clear that to see on their own that it was travelling. A few weeks ago after there were several reported cases in the USA Behear was asked by a reporter what he was doing about the virus or getting ready for it. This wasnt a press conference this was during an interview on another matter. I think it was about teacher pensions in Ky. he said Oh we are just going to wait and see and play it by ear. Those are not the words of a man who is getting ready for anything. he has his own advisers he doesnt depend on the government for his information. During his campaign he made a point of saying how little faith he puts in Trump and his words and actions. So it seems odd that in this one vase he would all the sudden listen to Trump on this.

And Dewine the Republican Governor was not better.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

If if the feds were saying wait and see if it travels it was clear that to see on their own that it was travelling. A few weeks ago after there were several reported cases in the USA Behear was asked by a reporter what he was doing about the virus or getting ready for it. This wasnt a press conference this was during an interview on another matter. I think it was about teacher pensions in Ky. he said Oh we are just going to wait and see and play it by ear. Those are not the words of a man who is getting ready for anything. he has his own advisers he doesnt depend on the government for his information. During his campaign he made a point of saying how little faith he puts in Trump and his words and actions. So it seems odd that in this one vase he would all the sudden listen to Trump on this.

And Dewine the Republican Governor was not better.
    Like I said Trump is to blame on a lot. But what have local governments done? Each City and State government should have plans in place to deal with crisis. They can ask for emergency funding from their state senate. They can set up doctors and their own public advisory boards and such. the govenors could talk to the people themselves they dont have to be 100 percent dependent on the federal government. What have local governments done themselves before the fact to get people ready?

This virus was hit China, Europe, South Korea hard. Doctors and the CDC said it will come to America. yet I saw very few people in either party getting ready. if the federal government was not responding to your liking wouldnt you want to act even on a small scale on your own? I live on the border of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. The Tristate they call it. I saw nothing on the news from any of those states talking about how they were getting ready for this even when cases started to appear in other states. it wasnt until their were confirmed cases that they started holding press conferences and doing other things.

I saw very little prevention response from ant y level of government. And I pay more attention to what my local government is doing then the feds.
    Local governments rely on federal government bodies for things like getting tests for covid, submitting tests, who are you allowed to test. You can be as ready as you want locally but if you don't have tests are aren't allowed to test because of federal guidelines and rules from the CDC/FDA etc you have to wait until they figure it out and get it together .

There are many articles you can read on doctors and researchers who tried to get tests who begged to be able to develop their own tests to speed it up etc and were shot down. So much time was wasted with the virus spreading undetected here. Meanwhile from the head of the administration it was being played off as a hoax that would be gone when it gets warm.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

What the f**k?! So many people are in trouble and now GOP is pushing the problem until after recess to be dealt with?!

McConnell ally says Senate won't take up House #coronavirus bill until after recess. “The Senate will act when we come back and we have a clearer idea of what extra steps we need to take,” Sen. Lamar Alexander told reporters.

Biden just gave an incredibly presidential address about the corona virus crisis.

This is Dumb as ****. The problem is now. The problem is here. I am starting to see what people mean about the feds fucking things up. A good president would not let this happen. Pretty much throws the last of the dirt on the grave where the of my Republicanism was buried.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-12-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

This is Dumb as ****. The problem is now. The problem is here. I am starting to see what people mean about the feds fucking things up. A good president would not let this happen. Pretty much throws the last of the dirt on the grave where the of my Republicanism was buried.
    It's not the "feds" it's not "Congress". it's the fucking GOP!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's not the "feds" it's not "Congress". it's the fucking GOP!
    Yes I see this. That is why I said Pretty much throws the last of the dirt on the grave where the of my Republicanism was buried. And while Trump is in the White House, and The GOP controlling congress they are The Feds. So I am going to continue to say The Feds.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-12-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Given what we have seen and events being cancelled , its hard to believe a Trump supporters could yell "FAKE NEWZ" even seriously. I brought up that the NCAA Tournament will be in empty arenas to be played and was told it was fake news by a supporter. The same one spouting to not believe the media.

I'm like , really ? REALLY ? Given what were seeing your seriously saying this now ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have seen no evidence hi supporters have left him.
    The blue arrow indicates the beginning of Trump bumbling the coronavirus reaction.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I disagree. A confident leader that can project calm and a unified message and show you that things will be handled helps enormously with rallying people. The panic is caused by obvious lies, general secrecy and scarcity of direction and information. Concerted efforts by the administration to limit trustworthy news sources which are desperately needed in these times.

The volume of lies and attacks on the press from the beginning of this administration come to roost now. People don't trust him, they don't trust certain news outlets because he said not too. It goes both ways and he absolutely can be blamed for that. He choose to prioritize the building of a racist wall stealing money from the military so he could say I fulfilled a campaign promise. To preparing us by funding the CDC.
    Trump filters practically EVERYTHING through the warped prism of his wanton selfishness and whether or not given situations can help him or hurt him, in other words, HE comes first, the country second. He insisted on calling COVID-19 a hoax because he suspected it was another attempt by Democrats to undermine his presidency, then he minimized the crisis because he feared it would have a negative effect on the market, and since the economy was keeping his poll numbers from dropping through the floor, that panicked him. And because Trump was unable, or unwilling to admit he was wrong about the severity of the crisis, that resulted in the government's glacially slow response to what's now a pandemic in this country. And, of course, nobody in the Republicans had the balls to contradict Trump or tell him he had to get up to speed on the response because they feared pissing him off. And here we are, perilously close to being up ****'s creek.

Once again, with feeling: when it comes to the Republican Party----THE CRUELTY IS THE THING!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Given what we have seen and events being cancelled , its hard to believe a Trump supporters could yell "FAKE NEWZ" even seriously. I brought up that the NCAA Tournament will be in empty arenas to be played and was told it was fake news by a supporter. The same one spouting to not believe the media.

I'm like , really ? REALLY ? Given what were seeing your seriously saying this now ?
    I've gotten alerts that championships in the NCAA's power conferences are being cancelled left and right. At this point, it would almost be meaningless to go ahead with the Tournament. Oh, yeah, just heard the NHL has suspended the remainder of their season.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Even a few stories on Fox News have been about the cancellations. So if that is fake news are they calling their main sounding board fake news? Nhl Has suspended the rest of their season as of right now. Nba has cancelled the rest of theirs. MLS has cancelled their I think as ticket holders for the Cincinnati Home opener are now being issued refunds due to the game not being played. MLB owners are meeting ever as we speak to decide what hey are going to do. The ACC, Big Ten and SEC torny for NCAA are cancelled. Even if you dont believe CNN just turn on freaken ESPN for pete's sake.

The GOP has no common sense left. Those with sense that were in the party and I considered my self a common sense republican for a long time have either had their voices shouted out by Trump Nut Jobs or have like me pretty much left the party because of what is going on.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-12-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The blue arrow indicates the beginning of Trump bumbling the coronavirus reaction.

Right now that looks like a return to the mean. Tell me when he hit's 35%.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

the NCAA is expected Friday to announce no March Madness. At what point does it stop being fake news?