Page 847 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 347747797837843844845846847848849850851857897947 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,705 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Don't get upset about it or Susan Collins will go on TV and blame it on sexism and Misogyny...
    Speaking of going on TV

Sarah Palin stuns TV viewers by rapping Baby Got Back dressed as a bear

The reaction of people on Twitter was generally one of amazement, especially in the middle of a news cycle devoted to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.

“Sarah Palin rapping ‘Baby Got Back’ on The Masked Singer with a fade into a Trump coronavirus update is the psychedelic dystopia we’re living in now,” tweeted writer and journalist Ashley Spencer.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Im not even gonna hate on her for that. Do you Boo. Lot of bad **** happening. I can take some levity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    That’s fine. Just remember this the next time someone dies because they can’t afford healthcare that we can’t pay for a system that is cheaper than what we have now, but we can find magic money when it’s billionaires. But we don’t live in a plutocracy.
    You say that like Sanders was going to be the "Breaker of Chains," when him being president wasn't going to have the power to change that. That's on congress. Despite the movement meant to be more than one man it still clings tightly to that one man while leaving congress out to dry when they're badly needed.

And yes there are people on this board that are complicit in perpetuating that.
    You're just mad your candidate lost.

Oh and btw IF Biden wins, he, like his former boss, won’t make a single one of these people who got us on this mess accountable for their damage to regular people.

Days like today put so much of this in perspective
    And what a perspective it is. Sanders wasn't going too, either, he's a paper tiger. Biden is a compromise candidate by everyone in this forum and he only got there because he won the nomination. It's him or Trump, that's who were have to choose between for the next presidents. The voters have spoken.

Fantastic Member

Is there a term for constantly insisting that your personal political hobby horse is the solution to the crisis du-jour?

Because a lot of people love shoehorning their pet causes into unrelated issues. Nationalizing healthcare is not going to solve the coronavirus problem (see Italy, where they're already talking about denying care to the elderly who are the most susceptible).

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Even Dems can be shady. Former Cincinnati council woman Tamaya Dennard was indicted by a federal grand jury for honest service wire fraud, bribery, and attempted extortion in an attempt to sell her votes for between ten and fifteen grand. One of the people she approached recorded her and turned the recording over to the FBI. That is what started this whole thing.

Now I dont know if she is guilty or not but it bothers me that her first defense of this last week was to blame her political opponents who were going after her for being a woman and a Person of Color. This is not the first scandal she has been involved in. In both cases she has played the woman and race card and I dont like that. She also has a habit of calling political opponents racist and sexist. There are real instances of racism and sexism going on in politics. To see it pulled out in defense of illegal activity is wrong in my view.
    I never deny they exist, but if you think ONE story about a corrupt member of a city council in a Rust Belt city somehow equates to the multiple members of the GOP who have been indicted in the past 2-3 years in Congress, let alone in state legislatures...

Well, I would encourage you to get your eyes checked if you're thinking this is a "both sides" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    False.

He downplayed COVID-19, he insulted people and states and countries affected by COVID-19, fired the Pandemic Response Team prior, gave "economic" stimulus well after the market was spooked, created a travel ban without consulting those countries or industries affected thus creating a larger-scale panic, put a person in charge that allowed an HIV epidemic to spread in his state while he was governor, and made several false claims about COVID-19.

He never led. He never assuaged fears. He incited more panic.

His response and lack of leadership turned a minor threat into a major threat.

45 is not to blame for COVID-19 but his terrible decisions did nothing to slow, stop, or help; they made it worse.

Obama calmed the markets and the people in crisis.

Bush calmed the markets and the people in crisis.

Clinton calmed the markets and the people in crisis.

45 was idle, mocked, and sat by. He fed paranoia on both sides and incited panic. He did nothing to make it better, in fact, he made it worse.

45 can't lead and it's only going to get worse until the day he's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Holy ****.

The DJI closed 9.99% down - its worst percentage drop since 1987, and its worst point drop ever..

We're talking Spring 2017 level now.
    Called it last night. I thought it might take until the middle of next week for Trump's leadership to put the markets worse off than they were when Obama left office... but it's looking like that statistic could come as early as tomorrow.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I never deny they exist, but if you think ONE story about a corrupt member of a city council in a Rust Belt city somehow equates to the multiple members of the GOP who have been indicted in the past 2-3 years in Congress, let alone in state legislatures...

Well, I would encourage you to get your eyes checked if you're thinking this is a "both sides" situation.
    I dont think they are at all the same. I know Republicans have more corruption. its jut that people are always going on about bad Republicans I would post one about a bad Dem. And I am sure if we really dug into the personal lives of some of these politicians they would not be as squeaky clean as the public is led to believe.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I dont think they are at all the same. I know Republicans have more corruption. its jut that people are always going on about bad Republicans I would post one about a bad Dem. And I am sure if we really dug into the personal lives of some of these politicians they would not be as squeaky clean as the public is led to believe.
    Everyone knows this, it's not news. They're politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Everyone knows this, it's not news. They're politicians.
    So why is it such big news when a Republican mess up if that is the common view?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Gotta still stick it to those people on food stamps.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is moving ahead with its plan to enact strict work requirements on people who use food stamps despite the coronavirus pandemic — a move that could result in hundreds of thousands of people losing their eligibility for the program.

People could soon be forced to work public-facing jobs when they should stay home or else risk losing access to the assistance they get to buy food.

The Department of Agriculture confirmed this week it is sticking to its timeline to tighten work requirements starting April 1. People without a disability or children must work 20 hours per week to qualify for SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program formerly known as food stamps.

The White House projects 700,000 people would lose SNAP eligibility. Brookings Institution fellow Lauren Bauer filed access to information requests for figures from all 50 states and projected the number of people losing assistance would be much higher, at 1.3 million to 1.5 million.

But those projections all came out before the novel coronavirus swept across the United States, causing a wave of self-quarantines and threatening economic downturn.

“That number is going to be much, much higher,” she said. “It’s going to cause harm both to the people who are eligible for SNAP, but it’s also going to cause harm for the economy.”

Astonishing Member

So why is it such big news when a Republican mess up if that is the common view?
    Because we're not Republicans.

Because we're not Republicans.
    So its okay when members of your own party do something bad. it can be written of as no surprise they are politicians? When a Republican does it however it is big news?

Astonishing Member

So its okay when members of your own party do something bad. it can be written of as no surprise they are politicians? When a Republican does it however it is big news?
    Corruption is never ok. It's that we know how bad Democrats are at being corrupt. Like I said, it's not news. It's bigger news since they're not in our group and they're a thousand x worse when they do it. There's more to react to them being ok with corruption and not liking a Republican being cartoonishly corrupt.

They're politicians. It's a profession rife with corruption, regardless of what party they belong to.

Corruption is never ok. It's that we know how bad Democrats are at being corrupt. Like I said, it's not news. It's bigger news since they're not in our group and they're a thousand x worse when they do it. There's more to react to them being ok with corruption and not liking a Republican being cartoonishly corrupt.

They're politicians. It's a profession rife with corruption, regardless of what party they belong to.
    I understand now. I wasnt trying to start a thing. just wanted to understand your view point.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    Is there a term for constantly insisting that your personal political hobby horse is the solution to the crisis du-jour?

Because a lot of people love shoehorning their pet causes into unrelated issues. Nationalizing healthcare is not going to solve the coronavirus problem (see Italy, where they're already talking about denying care to the elderly who are the most susceptible).
    You mean like Republicans and tax cuts?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Because Democrats don’t do the sort of mind bogglingly EVIL **** Republicans have done, and continue to do, like putting kids in cages for example.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!