Page 848 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 348748798838844845846847848849850851852858898948 ... LastLast
Results 12,706 to 12,720 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Because Democrats don’t do the sort of mind bogglingly EVIL **** Republicans have done, and continue to do, like putting kids in cages for example.
    It was actually done under Obama too. Just saying.

BANNED

Because Democrats don’t do the sort of mind bogglingly EVIL **** Republicans have done, and continue to do, like putting kids in cages for example.
    Obama put kids in Cages and became the Deporter in Chief...
    Say again? Obama just didn't separate families.

BANNED

There is hard data that shows "Bernie Bros" are a myth
    A computational social scientist's study shows Bernie's Twitter followers act pretty much the same as everyone else

We already knew this, but Centrists and moderates who like to lie on a segment of voters will always deny that their candidate has shitty folks too.

Mainstream pundits and politicians continue to obsess over the stereotype of the "Bernie Bro," a perfervid horde of Bernie Sanders supporters who supposedly stop at nothing to harass his opponents online. Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton and New York Times columnist Bret Stephens have all helped perpetuate the idea that Sanders' supporters are somehow uniquely cruel, despite Sanders' platform and policy proposal being the most humane of all the candidates.

The only problem? The evidence that Sanders supporters are uniquely cruel online, compared to any other candidates' supporters, is scant; much of the discourse around Bernie Bros seems to rely on skewed anecdotes that don't stand up to scrutiny. Many Sanders supporters suspect that the stereotype is perpetuated in bad faith to help torpedo his candidacy.

BANNED

That whole Democrats never put kids in cages thing...

https://apnews.com/a98f26f7c9424b44b7fa927ea1acd4d4

“Speechless. This is not who we are as a nation.” — Democrat Antonio Villaraigosa, former Los Angeles mayor now running for governor, referring in a tweet Sunday to photos showing young-looking immigrants in steel cages.

—“This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible.” — Jon Favreau, who was speechwriter for President Barack Obama, referring Sunday to the same photos.

THE FACTS: The photos, taken by The Associated Press, were from 2014, during the Obama administration, but were presented by liberal activists as if they showed the effects of Trump’s immigration policy now. Villaraigosa, Favreau and some others deleted their tweets when the mistake was pointed out.
    Trump isn't matching Obama deportation numbers #Deporter in Chief

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    So its okay when members of your own party do something bad. it can be written of as no surprise they are politicians? When a Republican does it however it is big news?
    It's not. Which is why I disagree HEAVILY with some of the people that post here. Taking money from a racist, bigot, authoritarian isn't cool. It's one of the reasons I'm done with the party after this election.
    Democrats are so terrified of Dolt 45, that they are willing to further corrupt some of their other corruption to retain power, and beat trump. Trump is bad, but to ME, taking money from a person like Bloomberg makes you no better.

Democrats took Bloombergs money, and began to change all their rules to suit him. They did this for no other candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    As far as I am aware there were far fewer kids in cages and it wasn't a centerpiece of policy. He certainly didn't need to build several more prison camps to house everyone being locked up. There's far from perfect and then there's lacking any semblance of humanity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Okay, I had forgotten about that. My mistake.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

A computational social scientist's study shows Bernie's Twitter followers act pretty much the same as everyone else

We already knew this, but Centrists and moderates who like to lie on a segment of voters will always deny that their candidate has shitty folks too.
    Are you incapable of speaking in good faith? If you want to call Elisabeth Warren, Barbara Boxer, Roberta Lange and numerous others liars just say it. To do this when the nominee's all but spoken for is doing the Republicans work for them. Then it wouldn't the first time you're taking a Republican's side over a Democrats. It's like you want us to lose to Trump again.

That's one slanted article, Taz.

I'd like to see whatever other candidates followers are stalking and making hit lists of DNC staff and politicians, too. That's a crucial aspect to the Bernie Bros phenomena.

Okay, I had forgotten about that. My mistake.
    Taz is omitting the context, he wants to conflate Obama and Trump to have the same policies the they don't.

Are you sure this is done in bad faith? The article does have a plausible explanation, which doesn't require the people you disagree with to be liars.

"Bernie followers act pretty much the same on Twitter as any other follower," Winchell says of his results. "There is one key difference that Twitter users and media don't seem to be aware of.... Bernie has a lot more Twitter followers than Twitter followers of other Democrat's campaigns," he added, noting that this may be partly what helps perpetuate the myth.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    So its okay when members of your own party do something bad. it can be written of as no surprise they are politicians? When a Republican does it however it is big news?
    I'm prepping the ass-clowns of the Democratic Party to discuss on April 1st for the CSGOPOTD post for that day.

I still find the rates of idiocy and corruption are reported at about a 20-1 rate, Republican that much more than Democrat. And not just in number, but extreme. Republicans are running literal Neo-Nazis and Qanon conspiracy theorists for office, and multiple members of the GOP House have resigned within the past 2 years for insider trading, or campaign finance violations.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    As far as I am aware there were far fewer kids in cages and it wasn't a centerpiece of policy. He certainly didn't need to build several more prison camps to house everyone being locked up. There's far from perfect and then there's lacking any semblance of humanity.
    I don't know if Obama had more people caged than Trump, but I do know Obama deported more people.

If Trump needed more cages to be built, then perhaps the Obama administration was far more efficient at deporting people than the Trump administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'd like to see whatever other candidates followers are stalking and making hit lists of DNC staff and politicians, too. That's a crucial aspect to the Bernie Bros phenomena.
    Yeah, I think that the article omitted key things that support the argument in order to dismiss a bad narrative. I just have to keep reminding myself that Sanders isn’t his followers and his followers certainly aren’t him. He is, at least, authentic and genuine with his policies and truly believes that they are the best plans to deliver the best results and will be able to be enacted right now. Many of his followers, however, are willing to allow four more years of Trump burning the whole of our democracy so they don’t have to vote for someone who would promote a public option instead.

Taz is omitting the context, he wants to conflate Obama and Trump to have the same policies the they don't.
    I disagree. The context is merely “putting children in cages”. Obama did do that and that is one of only a handful of policy decisions he made that I wholeheartedly disagree with. Of course, there is a matter of degree. Obama didn’t hold them as long as the Trump Administration did. And kids didn’t die there under Obama’s watch. So, while what Obama did was bad, Trump’s actions have been atrocious and continually cruel—despite exposure of the cruelty.

I do disagree that Obama was equally bad deportation wise. During the later years of his administration, Obama made the effort to get young folks and parents out of his priorities for deportment and allow them the opportunity to legally work within the system. Unfortunately, the courts didn’t agree that he had the power to initiate DAPA, which led to less prioritization of the people Obama’s immigration policy targeted: namely criminals and gang members. Trump has threatened to undo DACA and has expanded his priorities. Obama had spent years hoping for bipartisan immigration reform. It’s a shame it was always “we’ll get around to that” instead of a priority in his first two years, but I understood that the economy and health care took precedent on his agenda. Trump, meanwhile, is TRYING to hurt people. At least with Obama it was more a consequence of what the law dictated the executive branch had to do—and that is the executive’s oath of office: the follow the past legal directives and bills.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Those comments are eating him alive for supporting Biden over Bernie. Pretty cool to see, honestly.
    That pretty much says it all right there. Coming North of the border, American politics is an entertaining (albleit sometimes scary) hobby for me. I was cheering for Bernie, but he is such an old school Democrat that he's sees the America's problem as one of fundamentally economic inequity, whereby race is only part of that larger equation. If this was the 1970's, Bernie most likely would have won the Democratic nomination on the strength of the white working class, but that declining demographic now primarily backs the Republican Party, as it does the right across the western world with the rise of populism.

What one might call the "new white working class"... hispanics, have overwhelmingly supported Sanders, but they are not a large enough demographic yet to effect the outcome of the primaries overall. Basically, it appears that Bernie lost every state where there was a sizable portion of the black american vote. He knew he would most likely be going up against Obama's VP, but did little to change his strategy to win the black population over.

The sad thing is, despite Bernie's uhhmmm,.... "Democracy Now" leanings, I think he is the better option to beat Trump. My gut says Biden can't win. He'll come close, but I doubt he will be able to turn Wisconsin or Florida, Trump will most likely be the victor in 2020.

Justin Trudeau's wife has tested positive for Coronavirus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/ameri...rus/index.html

Canada officially has 100 cases right now. It's likely much higher if the prime minister's wife has it.

https://www.macleans.ca/society/heal...ext-two-weeks/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm prepping the ass-clowns of the Democratic Party to discuss on April 1st for the CSGOPOTD post for that day.

I still find the rates of idiocy and corruption are reported at about a 20-1 rate, Republican that much more than Democrat. And not just in number, but extreme. Republicans are running literal Neo-Nazis and Qanon conspiracy theorists for office, and multiple members of the GOP House have resigned within the past 2 years for insider trading, or campaign finance violations.
    Is there any member of the Squad you're not covering?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets