Page 857 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 357757807847853854855856857858859860861867907957 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,855 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yep, a moment when the Orange Menace lied out his ass yet again. And now, his blunder has put the lives of millions at risk. As president, that wholly unacceptable, of course, his corrupt and complicit party won’t hold Trump accountable for his blatant misdeeds, as long as Moscow Mitch and his cohorts get their tax breaks, why should they care that their constituents are dying all around them?
    We're so screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    In all fairness, Nevada was a caucus. I think all wins in caucuses should have an asterisk on them. However, it isn't unusual for an "outsider" candidate to receive more negative coverage in the media than the more establishment choice. It happened with Trump and, to a lesser degree, Obama. Good candidates are those that can overcome these kinds of negative mentions. I'm not saying it is fair, balanced, or anything like that. The media shouldn't be picking favorites. But they do. YouTube media does it too though (look at the Young Turks).

The issue for Sanders has never been the "establishment". If he didn't know there would be resistance to his candidacy from mainstream networks and the people who were registered Democrats for the longest time, I definitely should've sold him a bridge rather than sitting by while he bought a second home. The issue for Sanders is he has consistently done better in low-turnout, high barrier, and demographically white contests. If you want to be the nominee, you have to build outside that coalition and win in states that are different than that. Sanders only scored a win in North Dakota last Tuesday. That was a state-run primary with insanely low turnout--close to a caucus.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    In all fairness, Nevada was a caucus. I think all wins in caucuses should have an asterisk on them. However, it isn't unusual for an "outsider" candidate to receive more negative coverage in the media than the more establishment choice. It happened with Trump and, to a lesser degree, Obama. Good candidates are those that can overcome these kinds of negative mentions. I'm not saying it is fair, balanced, or anything like that. The media shouldn't be picking favorites. But they do. YouTube media does it too though (look at the Young Turks).

The issue for Sanders has never been the "establishment". If he didn't know there would be resistance to his candidacy from mainstream networks and the people who were registered Democrats for the longest time, I definitely should've sold him a bridge rather than sitting by while he bought a second home. The issue for Sanders is he has consistently done better in low-turnout, high barrier, and demographically white contests. If you want to be the nominee, you have to build outside that coalition and win in states that are different than that. Sanders only scored a win in North Dakota last Tuesday. That was a state-run primary with insanely low turnout--close to a caucus.
    Meanwhile, I'm watching Bernie fanatics on twitter declare that AOC is now a 'lying centrist'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm watching Bernie fanatics on twitter declare that AOC is now a 'lying centrist'.
    Wait...why? I thought her spokesperson came out and lied to protect Sanders from the story that his campaign had pushed her away.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Wait...why? I thought her spokesperson came out and lied to protect Sanders from the story that his campaign had pushed her away.
    Because Bernie is all that matters, I guess, and anyone of insufficient support of different ideas is a 'centrist'. That's what a subset of the extremely online crowd of Bernie supporters continually tell me.

Who knows. Let's ask Elizabeth "Fake Progressive, Secret Republican" Warren.
    Twitter is just crap, might as well be 4chan. I wonder if the snake emojis are back.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Who knows. Let's ask Elizabeth "Fake Progressive, Secret Republican" Warren.
    Twitter is just crap, might as well be 4chan. I wonder if the snake emojis are back.
    You say that like they ever left.

The thing is, and what a lot of people don't get when they look at the headlines about how Bernie's fans aren't 'more toxic', is that the research indicates that there's simply *more of them* that are living in the extremely online echo chamber that are some of these intensely political online spaces. That's why everything seems much larger, and more vicious, when it comes to Bernie's worst fans on the internet, who've managed to take advantage of our ability to remember the negative more cleanly to allow themselves to become the face of a movement, aided and abetted by the GOP and Russian trollfarms wanting to exacerbate these divisions, eager to sow discord in the American political left.

Meanwhile, Bernie's less noxious fans get gaslighty over it even happening in the first place, as we've seen.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-13-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I THINK Biden is already on record as saying he would veto health care for all, so even if he promised it I'm not sure everyone would believe him.

That said, I don't see Bernie dropping out until they have at least one debate. That's one chance for him to REALLY discredit Biden. If Biden can't string together enough cohenrent sentences, it could convince a lot of people he won't be able to hang with Trump.
    LOL.....Trump himself isn't a master linguist. His word salad off the cuff remarks are numerous

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    LOL.....Trump himself isn't a master linguist. His word salad off the cuff remarks are numerous
    Biden doesn't have to be great to hang with Trump... he just needs to be able to remember what day of the week it is, and what position he's actually running for.

I think the concern with Biden isn't whether or not he's a great speaker (though clearly he was MUCH better during his VP days) but whether or not his mental facalties are declining. Everyone is allowed to mispeak now and then on live TV, but I think in Bidens case there are deeper concerns. Concerns which HOPEFULLY will be put to rest in his first debut with Bernie.

Because Bernie is all that matters, I guess, and anyone of insufficient support of different ideas is a 'centrist'. That's what a subset of the extremely online crowd of Bernie supporters continually tell me.
    Some of Bernie's more rabid followers need to learn what Ron Paul's supporters eventually learned: Enthusiasm DOES NOT win elections!
    Watching television is not an activity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    First, **** Jeff Bezos in general.

Secondly, Whole foods has always been this shitty. Its a store that caters to the affluent who want to look like they are being healthy but wouldn't dare to do actual gardening themselves.

Thirdly, how do you want us to help them? Any way to gather is out right now due to CORVID-19. So unless we Boycott, and, guess what that's not gonna work either with a panic, there's very little we can do. Even the president could not stop him from doing this nor Congress. So what do you want us "Centrist" to do? And how about the Progressive that hawk his shitty services. Are they not to be called out as well?

Also if you want better and fresher sea food, I would suggest looking into buying local fish from smaller stores.
    I don't know any Progressive that does lol.
    I know a **** ton of Liberals that do though.

I buy at Grocery stores if the local shops are closed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Biden will be the nominee, Trump is the enemy. Time to deal with the real battle or sit in our tents and curse the past.
    Trump, Apathy, Corrupt Republicans, and Corrupt Democrats are the enemy.

If you think Biden is gonna help you, look at his response so far to Covid19, look at Trumps, and Look at Sanders.

BTW, two weeks ago Sanders was the front runner, and then it changed, after Sunday it can change back.

You guys forget, This time when Obama was running against Clinton, he was 300 Delegates behind... Bernie is a helluva lot closer.

But let's say Biden is , then what?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    ......and yet if you look at the raw data on the link that you posted, the stories were either 'neutral' or 'positive' for both candidates over 90% of the time. Newsflash: Coverage of a candidate after a big will likely to be slanted more positive towards the winner than the loser! Did In These Times do a similar study after New Hampshire, or do ya think maybe that wouldn't fit the narrative that they like to spoon feed their audience?
    I literally wrote "Media is the biggest problem with American politics."
    I also, added the article title to the link, I didn't promote or deny any candidate.

But just to be safe, do you want me to promote how "Liberal" Media treats Progressives instead of candidates? How about how we treat Rich vs poor?

The US media is aa problem. They were to be a check on power, now they promote power, and who they want, and the audience just eats it up.

If you think people aren't influenced, then why are all these idiots out there buying toilet paper? It's respiratory, not Chipotle. Lol.

Also, Why didn't Sanders get better coverage after his MASSIVE win in Nevada? Because the media hates him. That's a fact, the media has made people on this thread hate him.

BANNED

Really? You got links or "nah Dawg?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Some of Bernie's more rabid followers need to learn what Ron Paul's supporters eventually learned: Enthusiasm DOES NOT win elections!
    This is true, but Opposition to change is very powerful.
    Especially when monied interests have a stake at losing that power.

I mean most of you in this thread I consider Centrist, and think you believe Centrism is the way to go, and that Trump is SOO bad, that once he's out things will get better.
    But once the election starts, what exactly are centrists going to do to get the votes of people they **** on?

Biden wins, and Trump is gone, #civility is restored. Who is the Democratic party going to help? What policies have they shown you guys that get you hot and bothered?
    Where is the country going to be 4 years from now?

There is literally only one thing Democrats will do, Keep the SCOTUS balanced in favor of the GOP. Which is important. But how are they going to help us?

Reason I ask, is because What did the Blue Wave in 2018, TWO YEARS AGO, accomplish?

Biden won states he didn't even campaign in, simply because of Obama support, and his backers in the media talked positively for him all day everyday.
    But now even idiots like Tapp Jaker are like "WHOA Dawg! What did we do?"