Page 869 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 369769819859865866867868869870871872873879919969 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,035 of 17573
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You know how many lies come out of the WH these days. Was he really tested? Or are they just saying he was tested? if he was tested, did the results really come out negative? or are they just saying that the results are negative?

Maybe this time it's true, but I'm holding on to my skepticism.
    Hmm, it hadn’t occurred to me that the White House might’ve lied about the test, thought it wouldn’t surprise me if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Update. Someone at the airport got coronavirus. Airline won’t rebook my flight. I’m actually stuck
    Jesus, dude! Please be careful!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Raising taxes is a bipartisan problem because the Democrats have for some inexplicable reason, completely ceded the high ground on the issue to the Republicans, who get to run up massive bills when they're in power on giveaways to the rich and then troll every Democratic president endlessly about fiscal responsibility meaning we never get to enact any of OUR policy priorities.
    People don't like getting their taxes raised, including progressives. We know the reason, you can't accept it since it destroys your narrative against the establishment. They're not ceding anything, it's something which is built into the culture, as well as the conservative ranks in the party who will rebel. Governing is hard, and your candidate is horrible at doing anything like this.

This has to change, and it can only change with a president who's willing to stake out a position on Medicare for All, something that the vast majority of Americans want by the way, and fight tooth and nail to get it passed, not one that is promising to VETO it.
    Until they get into the details to make it happen then it'll hurt the candidate, see Elisabeth Warren. "Fighting" is so vague here, I don't know what this means. Ignoring the quote for why he vetoes it to uphold your narrative that Biden clearly must be wrong.

Fuck Biden, seriously.
    I don't like Biden, either, but Sanders is a lost cause and would be a bigger disaster.

Stop the in-fighting for Sanders. Your candidate lost, fair and square. Now we need to focus on Trump.

Extraordinary Member

Wow, that's rough. Are they shutting down the airport?
    No idk. I got notifications at dinner tonight. And our waiter told us what happened.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hmm, it hadn’t occurred to me that the White House might’ve lied about the test, thought it wouldn’t surprise me if that happened.

Jesus, dude! Please be careful!
    Thanks. Worst case scenario I find a cheap place to stay with WiFi and work remote since we are already WFH

Teaneck mayor asks all residents to self-quarantine as coronavirus spreads

Teaneck officials are calling for all residents to self-quarantine and only leave their residences for food and medicine as the township grapples with the most coronavirus cases in Bergen County.

Mayor Mohammed Hameeduddin called Teaneck “ground zero” Saturday and urged residents to self-quarantine as the number of cases surged to 18. Some 60% of Bergen County's 31 confirmed virus infections are in the township, which has a population of more than 41,000. The call for self-quarantine came after Hameeduddin consulted with the township's manager and emergency management coordinator.

“There are people that don’t understand that this is something we haven’t seen since World War II,” he said. “We don’t have enough test kits, every day more and more people will be getting sick.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    People don't like getting their taxes raised, including progressives. We know the reason, you can't accept it since it destroys your narrative against the establishment. They're not ceding anything, it's something which is built into the culture, as well as the conservative ranks in the party who will rebel. Governing is hard, and your candidate is horrible at doing anything like this.

Until they get into the details to make it happen then it'll hurt the candidate, see Elisabeth Warren. "Fighting" is so vague here, I don't know what this means. Ignoring the quote for why he vetoes it to uphold your narrative that Biden clearly must be wrong.
    Warren was leading in the polls until she revealed her silly "two stage" implementation of Medicare for All. Voters hate taxes but they also hate paying health insurance premiums, in fact most people just tend to hate having to pay for stuff yet somehow we manage to still have an economy. It is indisputable that the overall cost of Medicare for All will be lower than that of our disastrous current system, let's at least get a candidate that can get that message across. And yeah, governing IS hard, because it sometimes requires you to take tough stances and draw a line in the sand, rather than just trying to pat each other on the back and yuk it up like old buddies the way that Biden seems to want to do. America loves winners, and the left is losing because we keep ceding ground even when we have more leverage. If we were to put Medicare for All up to a national referendum it would pass easily, so why spend so much time worrying about the sensibilities of senators who don't have the best interests of their constituents at heart? Why not elect a president that will use the bully pulpit the way it was intended, to whip those unruly politicians in line and get everybody to unite behind a policy that will help the people of this country?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Warren was leading in the polls until she revealed her silly "two stage" implementation of Medicare for All. Voters hate taxes but they also hate paying health insurance premiums, in fact most people just tend to hate having to pay for stuff yet somehow we manage to still have an economy. It is indisputable that the overall cost of Medicare for All will be lower than that of our disastrous current system, let's at least get a candidate that can get that message across. And yeah, governing IS hard, because it sometimes requires you to take tough stances and draw a line in the sand, rather than just trying to pat each other on the back and yuk it up like old buddies the way that Biden seems to want to do. America loves winners, and the left is losing because we keep ceding ground even when we have more leverage. If we were to put Medicare for All up to a national referendum it would pass easily, so why spend so much time worrying about the sensibilities of senators who don't have the best interests of their constituents at heart? Why not elect a president that will use the bully pulpit the way it was intended, to whip those unruly politicians in line and get everybody to unite behind a policy that will help the people of this country?
    We did get a candidate who got a lot of national attention spreading the message of medicare for all... the problem being he's losing. I'm not sure even the democrats are really getting on board, let alone the Republicans. Again, they couldn't even get this to fly in California.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The point is that progressives saying they will either sit out or vote third party are hurting their chances of getting their agenda pushed forward. Biden will work with progressive legislators in the house and capitulate if he sees where the trend is going. Progressive changes will still happen.

Trump has absolutely proven he will not work with anyone who isn't a loyalist. Progressive changes will not happen with him in the white house.
    Will he though? That's the question for some of the voters...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The point is that progressives saying they will either sit out or vote third party are hurting their chances of getting their agenda pushed forward. Biden will work with progressive legislators in the house and capitulate if he sees where the trend is going. Progressive changes will still happen.

Trump has absolutely proven he will not work with anyone who isn't a loyalist. Progressive changes will not happen with him in the white house.
    It depends. Not everyone who was Sanders supporter has the has same agenda...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well my fought was cancelled so while you all brave the apocalypse on the mainland I’ll be stuck in the Caribbean. Fml
    Bro, stay safe.

Warren split her plan up into a transition period because that was the realistic and responsible thing to do, but as a policy-wonk she failed to do this from the start and it made Mayor Pete look like he had it figured out all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Warren split her plan up into a transition period because that was the realistic and responsible thing to do, but as a policy-wonk she failed to do this from the start and it made Mayor Pete look like he had it figured out all along.
    She was courting Sanders people, but then she realized that was the wrong path to go. So she returned to her own path, made a mid-road correction. Personally, i admire her for it. It shows that she can accept making mistakes and is flexible enough to make corrections and concessions if needed.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

She was courting Sanders people, but then she realized that was the wrong path to go. So she returned to her own path, made a mid-road correction. Personally, i admire her for it. It shows that she can accept making mistakes and is flexible enough to make corrections and concessions if needed.
    Warren is a horrible politician, but her shortcomings in this regard are often covered by her manifest passion for and skill in policymaking. Until they aren't.

BANNED

WHOA!
    Banned all gatherings of 100 or more people. Looks like NC will no Cons for the foreseeing future. Man the workforce is gonna hurt.

I live in Wake County, and now Wake hs the most cases in the state. UGH.

Gov. Roy Cooper orders NC schools to close for at least 2 weeks

Governor Cooper orders closing of all N.C. public schools, bans large gatherings
    Last edited by Tazirai; 03-14-2020 at 08:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

I don't like Biden, either, but Sanders is a lost cause and would be a bigger disaster.

Stop the in-fighting for Sanders. Your candidate lost, fair and square. Now we need to focus on Trump.
    Dude STOP LYING!. Obama was down 300 delegates this time during his run, and last time I checked the loser was Hillary, X2...