Page 882 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 382782832872878879880881882883884885886892932982 ... LastLast
Results 13,216 to 13,230 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Sanders lost because he's somewhat uncharismatic, kind of a slob, and has policies that people don't think can win a general election.

Plus many people began to realize that he had more baggage than any other of the candidates except maybe Bloomberg and Gabbard. Sanders stopped winning (or "winning" as in Iowa) races when the media started vetting him at long fucking last.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    In a strange way this pandemic might be weirdly beneficial in a weird way. It’s revealing how our media is inflaming panic rather then informing us. It’s showing unequipped our government is to handle pandemics and it’s showing how irrational and greedy people become in perilous situation.
    I am sorry that you required a global pandemic that will undoubtedly kill thousands more to find out basic facts of life.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Sanders lost because he's somewhat uncharismatic, kind of a slob, and has policies that people don't think can win a general election.
    It's also because he is no longer running against Hillary Clinton. The anti-Hillary vote really helped him in 2016.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-15-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The "cycle" really isn't that bad for either party if you think about it.

We likely will have a two term republican president as we speak, but we had a 2 term democratic president before that, and a 2 term republican president before that, etc. I'm not sure in recent decades at least you can credibly argue the cycle itself is necessarily favoring one side or the other. If the recent pattern holds, we'll probably have a 2 term democratic president after Trump.
    No, it's good for career politicians, bad for the country and people who live in it.

When the Dems get into power, what do they do, just cave into Republicans. Look at what Bill Clinton did, the crime bill, welfare cuts, ending Glass Stegalle, etc. Trumpism grew under the Obama administration, why didn't they counter it?

This system does not work because the Dems want everyone to play by rules that the GOP will ignore

This is why the Dems will always be weaker than the GOP:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MAbab8aP4_A

The GOP plays for keeps and the Dems do not. Anyone who plays a game where the other side can ignore the rules is playing a fool's game.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    No, it's good for career politicians, bad for the country and people who live in it.

When the Dems get into power, what do they do, just cave into Republicans. Look at what Bill Clinton did, the crime bill, welfare cuts, ending Glass Stegalle, etc. Trumpism grew under the Obama administration, why didn't they counter it?

This system does not work because the Dems want everyone to play by rules that the GOP will ignore

The GOP plays for keeps and the Dems do not. Anyone who plays a game where the other side can ignore the rules is playing a fool's game.
    What Democrats need is an Overlord -- like Sanders -- to show them how to be strong leaders.

Ignore the voters, install him into power, and allow him to pass any legislation he wants at will.

Or we could accept that democracy has it's flaws and act accordingly within the laws of reality.

And just to be clear -- you're way behind me when it comes to pointing out Republican dishonesty and corruption.

But if the people don't come out to vote against it -- while many even support it -- then it's all just talk on a forum and no action.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-15-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Biden won those primaries because the Democratic talking heads bombarded the airwaves and social media with this #BernieBros nonsense trying to paint Sanders as some kind closet racist who was going to screw over minorities in order to give handouts to the white working class, and people unfortunately fell for it.
    This is ridiculous. Bernie Sanders has been running for President for five years. People know who he is and what he does. Sure, I think he doesn’t have too much to say on racial issues, ultimately focusing on class conflict theory and asserting everything else comes secondary to that pursuit. But people know what he stands for.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So more continued evil.

The German Health Ministry confirmed a report that Trump “offered large sums of money” to the German pharmaceutical company CureVac to agree to sell rights to a possible coronavirus vaccine exclusively to America, “only for the US.”

We can take any democratic or republican candidate and list off all the things they tried and failed to accomplish. Ultimately american policy making in a 2 party system is about compromise after compromise after compromise. It's rare for a president on either side can push through even half the things they want. It's the price tag we pay for the relative stability we enjoy... no president or party can ever just walk in rule with an iron fist. In most cases do pretty much anything is like pulling teeth. Effectively both parties and the system as a whole is weak because of their ability to check and balance each other, and in a lot of ways that's by design.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It was posted earlier, but it gets lost in the noise because some people cannot stop engaging a Bernie Bro who cannot even vote in the US.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    It was posted earlier, but it gets lost in the noise because some people cannot stop engaging a Bernie Bro who cannot even vote in the US.

If I lived in the US you would criticize me for not doing everything I could to elect Biden and criticize him, since I do not live in the US, apparently I am not allowed to discuss the election?

Heads you win, tails I lose?

Do British people also not get say anything about the election here?

My mother is American, I have every right to say what I want here about this election.

This is the problem I have with centrist liberals:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/606985/

They treat their "conventional wisdom" as unassailable and almost never take responsibility when it fails, they just blame someone else.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 03-15-2020 at 12:29 PM.

If I lived in the US you would criticize me for not doing everything I could to elect Biden and criticize him, since I do not live in the US, apparently I am not allowed to discuss the election?

Heads you win, tails I lose?

Do British people also not get say anything about the election here?

My mother is American, I have every right to say what I want here about this election.

This is the problem I have with centrist liberals:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/606985/

They treat their "conventional wisdom" as unassailable and almost never take responsibility when it fails, they just blame someone else.
    Look, I gave up on you when I still thought you could vote here.

As it is, there is even less point in wasting my time on you.

This is the last time I will reply to any of your messages. Buh bye.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Well, in this case it's true. Not that I think being able to hold rallies would change the outcome, but it would make things closer. When you depend on mass gatherings to 'rally' the troops and fire up supporters, not being able to hold those gatherings is going to hurt. Plus, the article doesn't make Sanders sound as bad as your post does.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 03-15-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, in this case it's true. Not that I think being able to hold rallies would change the outcome, but it would make things closer. When you depend on mass gatherings to 'rally' the troops and fire up supporters, not being able to hold those gatherings is going to hurt. Plus, the article doesn't make Sanders sound as bad as your post does.
    The last half dozen of primaries kind of showed that large crowds do not translate into votes.

Especially if many of them are from out of town, traveling with the Church of Bernard like hippies with the Grateful Dead.

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

Sanders's betting so much on the younger demographics to show up has really hurt his campaign. I think people would have been receptive to him if he could get more of his supporters to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I’ve just lost patience in the, “Nothing is my fault. It’s the establishment’s fault for why I can’t get votes. It’s the media’s fault. It’s coronavirus’ fault.” As people that hated Hillary have pointed out, it is the individual’s job to get votes and deal with the circumstances. Bernie couldn’t.