Page 884 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 384784834874880881882883884885886887888894934984 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    It's a good start but he's still got a long way to go.
    I can understand this sentiment. The good news is that even if he does become President, you can still likely influence Biden to do some progressive stuff, even if it isn't as much or as far as you would like. It's still better than the regressive he'll be running against in November.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Virtual Rallies on twitch or YouTube. Didn't Biden just do that?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I can understand this sentiment. The good news is that even if he does become President, you can still likely influence Biden to do some progressive stuff, even if it isn't as much or as far as you would like. It's still better than the regressive he'll be running against in November.
    Positive is that you build up from there. The NHS wasn't built in one go. And we have a bigger country than England.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Virtual Rallies on twitch or YouTube. Didn't Biden just do that?
    Biden can’t show up Bernie. He’d rather pretend that these ideas don’t exist than have Biden pioneer something.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Well what's his pitch to left wingers who do not trust him on the issues?
    Good question.

And how many Bernie supporters were "Bernie Bros", what was the percentage? After a while it seemed like "Bernie Bros" was an excuse to tar almost all his supporters with the same brush and not deal with the issues the Bernie supporters brought up. Its like all those "Bernie Bros" talking points was a good way to say the Bernie supporters do not matter within the Democratic coalition.
    It often seemed like this talk of Bernie Bros was an excuse to never address Bernie's policy ideas.
    Here? A sizeable portion support the Bernie Bros. I'd say millions weren't supporting the Bernie Bros - its disingenuous to think every Bernie supporter thinks like you do. It's never been an excuse to tar all Bernie supporters like that but that is a negative affect the Bros have had on the movement, that's what you should take it up with the Bros. Abusing and harassing women is going to burn any candidates reputation and their supporters and the Bros were worse then everyones by every metric so they got the most heat for that.

Your idea of unity is normalise abuse and harassment? Really? Why aren't you helping us clean up that mess? They're your people getting out of line, but then you don't think they're out of line, do you?

It's not an excuse to ignore Sanders policies or other related to Sanders run for president, either. But I do know many of the Bros types loved to distract the abuse that that was going on to focus on Sanders when they couldn't mount a defence for the Bros.

You want to want to promote unity, what is your side doing in that regard?

Do you really want the vile Bernie Bros to befoul the voting polls in November with their evil?
    D you want Donald Trump not to be president? Why is that the winners must appeal to the losers, who don't give an inch? Can you stop fighting for five minutes and focus on unity? It's awful difficult to take what you're saying seriously if all you're interested in attacking Biden out of spite your candidate lost.

You think abuse and sexism isn't evil and you have the gall to call yourself a progressive?

Edit: It's noticeable that this is being posted based on spite that your candidate lost more than anything. Except that's politics, you can't learn from the mistakes in your past if you are only concern about fighting the other guy. Politics and getting elected is far more then simply tearing down your opponent. Spite allowed Sanders to lose twice, I don't see why you think it's going to help doing this again.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-15-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeBiden/...80176594288643

I’m pleasantly surprised by this. This spells good things for Biden’s potential presidency, imo. He’s able to come around to ideas that he initially opposed if he’s convinced enough - so he’s willing to listen. Of course this could simply be a ploy to attract younger voters(a demographic that Biden has struggled with) that he’ll simply abandon if/when he becomes president, but as a Bernie supporter who’s crushed that Bernie lost I think I’m beginning to become enthusiastic about voting for the guy. This, along with his good Coronavirus speech(which he didn’t have any gaffes, and was very eloquent) tell me he is fit for the office. I was also impressed with his townhall appearance. While I still prefer Warren or Sanders, I think Biden is growing on me and frankly he already has one of the qualities I prize most in a president which is that compassionate warmth that is both helpful and healing in times of duress. We haven’t have had that in four years.
    The free college plan is closer to Buttigieg's than Sanders's, in that college is free for people below a certain level of income. Whether it's better depends on whether the paperwork to prove means testing is not too intimidating to poorer voters who don't have the spare cash to throw around getting professionals to fill out forms.

There's an argument to be made that free college for everybody is more efficient because it would cost more in time, trouble and raw expenses to run a means testing system than it would save by bringing in tuition from richer folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Positive is that you build up from there. The NHS wasn't built in one go. And we have a bigger country than England.
    I think the Progressives probably need to operate more like the Tea Party back in the day.

It's no likely they can get the presidency and become the center of american politics in one foul swoop ... Bernie is probably as close as you're going to get to that. But if you start influencing Congress, you can little by little start making some headway.

Course the Tea Party sort of fizzled... but it at least kinda worked for awhile.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the Progressives probably need to operate more like the Tea Party back in the day.

It's no likely they can get the presidency and become the center of american politics in one foul swoop ... Bernie is probably as close as you're going to get to that. But if you start influencing Congress, you can little by little start making some headway.

Course the Tea Party sort of fizzled... but it at least kinda worked for awhile.
    They can't, they don't have as many celebrities and high ranking Democrats be their advocates or be funded by billionaires like the Koch's. Maybe Steyer can be convinced?

The TEA Party evolved into Trumpism.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeBiden/...80176594288643

I’m pleasantly surprised by this. This spells good things for Biden’s potential presidency, imo. He’s able to come around to ideas that he initially opposed if he’s convinced enough - so he’s willing to listen. Of course this could simply be a ploy to attract younger voters(a demographic that Biden has struggled with) that he’ll simply abandon if/when he becomes president, but as a Bernie supporter who’s crushed that Bernie lost I think I’m beginning to become enthusiastic about voting for the guy. This, along with his good Coronavirus speech(which he didn’t have any gaffes, and was very eloquent) tell me he is fit for the office. I was also impressed with his townhall appearance. While I still prefer Warren or Sanders, I think Biden is growing on me and frankly he already has one of the qualities I prize most in a president which is that compassionate warmth that is both helpful and healing in times of duress. We haven’t have had that in four years.
    This. I said the same thing about Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton. They, and Biden aren't as far left as we would like, but we can push them left. Hell, I even said the same thing about Obama. The problem with some (not all) Bernie supporters is that they want it all or they'd rather have nothing. And as I've said before, those who demand all or nothing, usually get nothing.
    Watching television is not an activity.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Now here is someone perfect for WBE's Republican list, because we got someone who is braindead stupid here.

Republican gubernatorial candidate Tim Eyman mocked Washington State's coronavirus restrictions, saying he wanted a crowd of 251 to join him at a political rally where he would bring Corona beer.

Invincible Member

Tuning into the debates. I walked in Biden on saying "This is a crisis" like twenty times in one minute. I think both gave decent answers so far. But Sanders started sloganeering a couple of times in his response.

I hope one of them brings up that there was a staff whose job was to deal with pandemics but Trump fired them when he took office.

Invincible Member

Jeez...now "CNN.Com is not responding." Anyway, at least performance wise Biden is doing a lot better than I think some people might have expected. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Jeez...now "CNN.Com is not responding." Anyway, at least performance wise Biden is doing a lot better than I think some people might have expected. So far.
    Like I said a couple of times, Biden has an incredibly low bar to meet here. As long as he doesn't implode and come off as senile, hes got the nomination in the bag.

Sanders will probably try and turn this into an infommercial for his every policy he's got up his sleeve, because after this if Biden doesn't implode he's probably going to drop and surrender the national spotlight he's had perhaps for the last time.

BANNED

This is a good debate so far, This is how it should have been for a long time.

Invincible Member

On immigration Biden says no one will be deported during the first 100 days of administration. Sanders said he'd end the ICE raids on day one and send more judges to border.