Page 891 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 391791841881887888889890891892893894895901941991 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,365 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll admit I've become semi-addicted to all the Young Turk meltdown videos on Youtube.

An uncharitable portion of my mind was secretly hoping Sanders would lose just so I could their reaction. Not the best reason in the world to not root for a candidate.. but it was there.
    Cenk Uygur's meltdown during Super Tuesday was something to behold. By the mid-way, through his rant, he was advocating for the violent overthrow of all branches of the Federal Government and blaming the outcome on"Establishment Elements" and their "puppets" "low information voters".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

It's kind of sad how old ALL the guys running in this election were. I'm not sure ANY of them could be a 2 term president (outside Trump of course).
    It probably shows the large influence senior voters have on the electoral system.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I dunno. I think he was more afraid of running against Sanders. Sanders was able to go to the Fox News crowd and actually win a few of them over.

I think if Trump is nervous about Joe it's more in the sense of he knows Biden won't be intimidated by him while on stage.
    Trump actually made tweets defending Sanders against the DNC weeks ago. He also broke the law to damage Biden's reputation.

Draw your own conclusions on whom he would prefer as an opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Trump actually made tweets defending Sanders against the DNC weeks ago. He also broke the law to damage Biden's reputation.

Draw your own conclusions on whom he would prefer as an opponent.
    I think best case scenario for Trump would be if Biden wins, but a large portion of the Bernie supports not vote in protest.

If Bernie won, I'm pretty sure most of the Biden supporters would still vote blue. The entire base of their coalition frankly seemed less policy driven and more on getting Trump out of the office, so they'd vote blue either way. But we are getting a sense than the Bernie supporters to SOME degree might sit out the election in November... and obviously a split in the democratic party helps Trump.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

I’m a Sanders supporter, unfortunately I’m not optimistic about his chances. I pretty much think it’s over for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I’m a Sanders supporter, unfortunately I’m not optimistic about his chances. I pretty much think it’s over for him.
    Yeah, I'm expecting him to drop out any minute now.

He needed a miracle to really get ahead of Biden... that miracle being Biden completely imploding on the debate stage. But that didn't happen.

Plus, I think Biden has thrown out enough olive branches with the progressives to the point where Bernie doesn't look bad at all bowing out.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    You said it yourself. Democrats will vote for whatever candidate the democratic establishment and media have picked since they don't care about policies.
    Do you think Trump will care about progressive policies if he wins a second term? Did that ever occur to you?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

So, assuming Bernie does drop out... how long Tulsi run the farce of a campaign?

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Yeah, I'm expecting him to drop out any minute now.

He needed a miracle to really get ahead of Biden... that miracle being Biden completely imploding on the debate stage. But that didn't happen.

Plus, I think Biden has thrown out enough olive branches with the progressives to the point where Bernie doesn't look bad at all bowing out.
    I agree, I think he may drop out soon, though I don’t mind him staying in the race just to continue to promote his progressive ideals and continue to push Biden to the left. I’m not convinced that Biden will actually adopt any of Sanders or Warrens ideas though, I have the impression he’s all talk on that.

I’m also not convinced that Biden will be able to win the general election, I think he may have a similar problem that Clinton had, he does well in the popular vote, but he loses in a few key swing states like Michigan and such. The only thing he has going for him is basically that he’s not Trump, I don’t know if that will be enough to get the voter turnout he will need in those states.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So, assuming Bernie does drop out... how long Tulsi run the farce of a campaign?
    Technically, she can be in it as long as she wants. As far as I know, there is no ruke stating that you need to actually do anything csmpaign like to be in the running. She can spend her time at home surfing the internet and playing computer games.

I actually know of a local candidate (not my town, but one in my area) who put his name on the ballot, then did absolutely nothing ... and actually won.

Of course, Tulsi has no chance of winning and anyone who votes for her should be under surveillance. (kidding)
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    If the rumors are true, to the bitter end.

Ohio Pushes back Primary until June 2nd. Absentee ballets will be accepted until then according to Dewine.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    If the rumors are true, to the bitter end.
    If what few appearances I have seen from her are any indication, she reached the 'bitter' part long ago, and now we are just waiting for the end.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Do you think Trump will care about progressive policies if he wins a second term? Did that ever occur to you?
    See this is the thing I hate about Sanders' most hardcore fans/supporters they are absolutists. An all or nothing mentality in politics typically leads to failure at best a disaster at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If what few appearances I have seen from her are any indication, she reached the 'bitter' part long ago, and now we are just waiting for the end.
    True , I fully expect her to go scorched earth on Biden not that it will matter as she is long past the point of relevancy with most people.