Page 900 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 4008008508908968978988999009019029039049109501000 ... LastLast
Results 13,486 to 13,500 of 17573
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think that is a bit extreme. But you will have a lot of idiots doing crazy stuff in times like this. I don't know if they will do that here yet. I hope they don't.
    Some yahoo actually was trying to shoot others apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That's a prudent policy though, a few months of inconvenience and discomfort will soon be a blip in the rear view mirror,
    Months? Hell, let's hope it doesn't last that long otherwise the economy is as good as dead and hundred of thousand of people are going to be jobless.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Months? Hell, let's hope it doesn't last that long otherwise the economy is as good as dead and hundred of thousand of people are going to be jobless.
    I wonder about that too....if they want everyone to stay home, who will manufacture and deliver all those packages of toilet paper? But seriously, I can't see the supplies holding out if no one goes to work to make and deliver goods. This will just cause more crazy hoarding.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Its almost like that Channel needs to be removed for social benefit
    Edit: Purely unsubstantiated rumor.
    Legend has it that Roger Ailes had the idea for Fox News while working in the Nixon administartion.
    He, Nixon and some other pricks were talking about how great it would be if the Republican party had it's own tv channel to pump right-wing ideas directly into peoples living rooms.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 03-17-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Mother F@$&*#! Wasn't that part of serving and protecting. Isn't that part of what the military personnel is for? Christ this guy is a total monster!
    Once again, when it comes to Trump and the GOP, the cruelty is the point. It always has been, and always will be the case.

It does make you wonder just what it would take to get these die-hards to get off the Trump Train but I think nothing will. Faux News is still toeing the line of Trump worship even though there have been some cracks. Now that they are staying home more they will prob ably get even more brainwashed.
    I honestly don't know if there is a bottom when it comes to the depth of the loyalty those lemmings have for Trump.

Which, in turn could result in a spike in homelessness when people, going god only knows how long with a paycheck can't pay the rent.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I wonder about that too....if they want everyone to stay home, who will manufacture and deliver all those packages of toilet paper? But seriously, I can't see the supplies holding out if no one goes to work to make and deliver goods. This will just cause more crazy hoarding.
    We're just going to have to learn to live with less for the time being, but I think that we'll be okay because what we think of as the baseline actually represents a ludicrous level of consumption far in excess of what's needed to survive. China has been under full lockdown for months now, and while their economy has suffered there aren't really any reports of mass starvation or pandemonium in the streets, so I'm guessing that we'll be okay as well.

Products consumption is hardly the main problem here.

How long do you think small companies (10 to 50 employes) can go on without any activities and/or making money? And they are the main job providers.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    We're just going to have to learn to live with less for the time being, but I think that we'll be okay because what we think of as the baseline actually represents a ludicrous level of consumption far in excess of what's needed to survive. China has been under full lockdown for months now, and while their economy has suffered there aren't really any reports of mass starvation or pandemonium in the streets, so I'm guessing that we'll be okay as well.
    Bear in mind that China isn't always forthcoming with negative information about what's happening inside it's borders.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Products consumption is hardly the main problem here.

How long do you think small companies (10 to 50 employes) can go on without any activities and/or making money? And they are the main job providers.
    It all comes down to whether governments think that the cost of keeping these companies afloat for the time being is worth paying to avert the long term damage that wiping out huge chunks of the local economy will do.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Bear in mind that China isn't always forthcoming with negative information about what's happening inside it's borders.
    Yeah but there are enough tech savvy people over there that, if there were some grave humanitarian crisis going down, we'd probably know.

Afaik if you want to know whats going on in Wuhan you have to check your Tinder. Set it to Wuhan and people are talking about it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    In a long line of dumb posts this is perhaps the dumbest.

Do you think Bernie and the meagre progressive presence in the capital can somehow clone themselves to fill EVERY political seat IN THE COUNTRY ? Are you sure their all completely pure of purpose ? Do you have a magic machine to detect that like your cloning vat ?

Heres a thought, spend less time bitching on the internet and more time building a progressive, grass roors organisation that can flip more senate seats thus meaning your message is more likely to actually do something and get somewhere then investing your energy into one man who'll turn up then promptly be told to quieten down because he CANT ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING.
    If my post is dumb, yours is absolutely stupid and asinine. People are suffering and dying, while morons on the centrist side want #civility and incremental change. Even know Republicans are talking about ubi and free Healthcare right now and stopping a primary to stop infections. But you "centrists" are endangering lives so your loser of a candidate can be anointed.
    What is Joe gonna do to help people? Nothing. But you're gonna live it because you're of the idea that slow change is better than none right?
    F...outta here with that.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 03-17-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    dying morons on the centrist side want #civility and incremental change.
    Is that some kind of threat?

BANNED

Democrats need to get off their asses and do a real economic injection to help and soon. They also need to stop mealy mouthed plans like that Bullshit they just passed that only helps 20% of the population.

They also need to put in stop gap measures for utilities and basic goods.

They also should have stopped the primary in today's 3 other states. Let's expose older voters to a virus so our guy can seal the deal. Geezuz delay it for a couple weeks ya idjits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Is that some kind of threat?
    Can you please ignore me like you said you wanted me to do to you? Learn to read and stop being sycophantic.

Just stop replying to my posts dude/dudette. Makes you look like a Centrist hypocrite.

So today's 3 Primaries are in states with not an insubstantial number of delegates, all of which pretty heavily favor Biden. This might be the beginning of the end for Sanders.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.