Page 902 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 4028028528928988999009019029039049059069129521002 ... LastLast
Results 13,516 to 13,530 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I see Tulsi the Russian Asset hasn’t dropped out yet.
    She waiting for that Tulsimentum to kick in any moment now.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Hitting his head in the shower and wearing a Montana-sized band-aid on his forehead was the beginning of the end. Having a serious heart attack was "The End Part 2: Electric Boogaloo." Praising Castro was "The End 3: The Return of the Commie". Super Tuesday was "Sanders' End 4: The Biden Force Awakens".
    I don’t think either of those things factored into it at all. Most voters probably don’t even know about the band aid, and many others probably don’t remember the heart attack.

I think, unfortunately people were just sold on this electability nonsense and so turned to Biden.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Hitting his head in the shower and wearing a Montana-sized band-aid on his forehead was the beginning of the end. Having a serious heart attack was "The End Part 2: Electric Boogaloo." Praising Castro was "The End 3: The Return of the Commie". Super Tuesday was "Sanders' End 4: The Biden Force Awakens".
    Let's just skip ahead to Episode IX: Your Candidate Still Sucks and is Going to Lose to Trump so Stop Celebrating Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I see Tulsi the Russian Asset hasn’t dropped out yet.
    She might be waiting for a job offer from Biden. Her dropping out and endorsing Bidden doesn't give her a whole lot of leverage, but more than if she had dropped out prior to this on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I don’t think either of those things factored into it at all. Most voters probably don’t even know about the band aid, and many others probably don’t remember the heart attack.

I think, unfortunately people were just sold on this electability nonsense and so turned to Biden.
    The band aid was no big deal, but I do think the heart attack especially at his age is a legitimate red flag.

Not that Biden is a spring chicken himself... or Trump for that matter. Regardless of who ends up winning, there's a pretty descent chance we're getting a new president in 4 years.

BANNED

Here we go...
    The Corruption and ineptitude at the DNC and Tom Perez is amazing. I am so done with them after this election.

An Illinois primary like no other: Low turnout, poll worker shortage expected amid coronavirus

BANNED

If you guys think this is okay, something is wrong with you. I know you hate Bernie, regardless of what you say, But this is incredibly dumb.
    The Democratic party is an amazing failure right now, and y'all still bend the knee for everything they do, all to beat Trump...

I want Trump bent, broken, spent, and made to walk down Pennsylvania avenue with a crowd yelling SHAME! SHAME SHAME!

But to willingly expose citizens to a virus is astoundingly stupid.

BANNED

And to be fair, here goes a BUNCH of morons on the Right...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The band aid was no big deal, but I do think the heart attack especially at his age is a legitimate red flag.

Not that Biden is a spring chicken himself... or Trump for that matter. Regardless of who ends up winning, there's a pretty descent chance we're getting a new president in 4 years.
    Spending the entirety of his time in the Oval Office as a lame duck president would be totally on brand for Biden, not gonna lie.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

I was concerned briefly when Sanders had the heart attack, But afterwards he was great in the next few debates.

I know Sanders is old, but he’s clearly the best choice and it’s so disappointing to see people choose Biden instead. These moderates are so infuriating sometimes. And I’m not convinced he’ll even be able to beat Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    However your also seeing a lot of progressive actions failing catastrophically. Its long been a progressive dream to reform the bail system as its supposedly systemically racist. So New York did this and now people are automatically released at the first court hearing except for the most serious of offenses like murder. Which has led to a massive crime spike as criminals just go right back out and do it again and it leads to a lot of horrible results like a guy arrested for stabbing people got out at his first hearing, people who have committed serious violent crime within 24 hrs of being released on a lesser crime, a guy who committed manslaughter and got out at his first hearing, etc. Lawmakers are claiming "no one could have predicted this" as they scramble to undo what they have wrought. Um yeah, a lot of us predicted this, progressives just don't listen.
    Do you have even one actual statistic to prove this assertion or is this just something I am supposed to take your word on? Some other states have been doing some form of this for a couple of years and somehow I haven't heard about crime exploding in them. One would think that would be kind of hard to hide.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 03-17-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

If you guys think this is okay, something is wrong with you. I know you hate Bernie, regardless of what you say, But this is incredibly dumb.
    Of course, the situation is vastly more complicated than the slanted video provided demonstrates. Party-run primaries, like North Dakota, would probably be more apt to receive pressure from the DNC to change its election date. But these primaries are state-run elections, which means that it ultimately falls on the state officials to decide on whether or not to delay the primary. Sure, the DNC head could go out and state that he thinks that the primaries should be delayed, but that doesn’t give people confidence in going out to vote in states that don’t move it, but take precautions. Meanwhile, on the state level, Ohio’s governor proceeded to shut down polls after a judge denied his request to push the primary, citing the establishment of bad precedent.

Let’s be clear what the precedent of such a move would be. Legally, now, there is an argument that an executive, either statewide or federal, can now move back an election as a result of an emergency. And if you establish that now, Trump could theoretically do it in November if this crisis isn’t alleviated. No. We should want legislatures to approve this, just like Congress would have to approve changes to the federal elections. The issue is that there wasn’t a lot of support from the legislature and voting has always been viewed as a responsibility, even in times of crisis.

The Democratic party is an amazing failure right now, and y'all still bend the knee for everything they do, all to beat Trump...

I want Trump bent, broken, spent, and made to walk down Pennsylvania avenue with a crowd yelling SHAME! SHAME SHAME!

But to willingly expose citizens to a virus is astoundingly stupid.
    Again, if it were purely up to the DNC, maybe. But even if he sounded support for pushing back elections, it might be too late to stop today’s contests anyway.

And, look, I know Sanders supporters would love for there to be more time to change the narrative and have a number of these primaries go later. But that’s not altruistic either. And it would still hurt whomever the nominee ended up being if the party didn’t have a clear direction until June.

The real reasonable thing would be to have Sanders, who is already over a hundred delegates behind and has no chance of securing the nomination outright, drop out so that we no longer have to worry about primary elections and the direction is settled with elections moving to later dates. As the fight goes on, though, it forces people, particularly elderly folks, to come out and vote against an upstart candidate like Sanders who has no chance.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Heck, I knew Sanders' chances were bad at this point, but I didn't realize that they were this grim!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mary-forecast/
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I was concerned briefly when Sanders had the heart attack, But afterwards he was great in the next few debates.

I know Sanders is old, but he’s clearly the best choice and it’s so disappointing to see people choose Biden instead. These moderates are so infuriating sometimes. And I’m not convinced he’ll even be able to beat Trump.
    If you were to ask me before the corono virus thing, I'd say Trump likely could beat either Bernie or Biden quite frankly... but the corono virus sort of makes this anyones ball game. November is a relatively long ways away though, so Trump has a lot of time to either fix things or make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Heck, I knew Sanders' chances were bad at this point, but I didn't realize that they were this grim!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mary-forecast/
    It’s over. It was irresponsible enough politically for him to be staying in at this point because the impression of a divided party hurts the nominee badly among swing voters (gives them the perception the other party’s candidate is a stronger, more unifying candidate), particularly against an incumbent. But now people’s lives are literally on the line to keep running elections and have Sanders continue to lose them by historic proportions just to appeal to his vanity project of a presidential run at this point.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.