Page 904 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949009019029039049059069079089149541004 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    This really is just another way of saying not Trump though. And sure, we do need to get rid of Trump, to put an end to the things you mentioned. But Democrats tried this approach four years ago with Clinton and it didn’t work. I think Biden will have the same issue, especially in key states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

What Biden is proposing is just not going to change much, people need healthcare, they need affordable education, they need a living wage, they need affordable housing.
    He'll pick up where Obama left off and get the ball rolling in those directions. Faster if the Democrats control both House and Senate
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Eventually people are going to have to acknowledge that the problem is the Republican party -- not "progressives" or "centrists".

Not sure how many crimes, wars and recessions it will take before that happens or if they will finally just destroy our democracy as a whole with their fiscal irresponsibility, criminal incompetence, and lack of rational and ethical leadership.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-17-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Eventually people are going to have to acknowledge that the problem is the Republican party -- not "progressives" or "centrists".

Not sure how many crimes, wars and recessions it will take before that happens or if they will finally just destroy our democracy as a whole with their fiscal irresponsibility, criminal incompetence, and lack of rational and ethical leadership.
    As long as the GOP panders to the NRA gun nuts and evangelical Christians half the country will support them no matter what harm they do.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

This really is just another way of saying not Trump though. And sure, we do need to get rid of Trump, to put an end to the things you mentioned. But Democrats tried this approach four years ago with Clinton and it didn’t work. I think Biden will have the same issue, especially in key states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

What Biden is proposing is just not going to change much, people need healthcare, they need affordable education, they need a living wage, they need affordable housing.
    Sanders is a worse candidate at defeating Trump than Biden, at least Biden is popular among Democrats. He's not my first choice, that's Warren, but we have a shot with him.

We always need more, except what matters is what we can get through congress. Sanders wasn't going to have higher chances when his relationship with the party is "strained" at the best of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sanders is a worse candidate at defeating Trump than Biden, at least Biden is popular among Democrats. He's not my first choice, that's Warren, but we have a shot with him.

We always need more, except what matters is what we can get through congress. Sanders wasn't going to have higher chances when his relationship with the party is "strained" at the best of times.
    And he was going to need 100% of the party to support him on a good day. After everything Sanders said about the party establishment, calling them corporatist and slamming them for being moderates, do you think he would ever get the vote of Joe Manchin, who is further to the left than any “moderate”, “establishment” Democrat, for anything?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

I don’t think either of those things factored into it at all. Most voters probably don’t even know about the band aid, and many others probably don’t remember the heart attack.

I think, unfortunately people were just sold on this electability nonsense and so turned to Biden.
    Sanders' Castro comments were all over the news and it wasn't a one time thing, he said this repeatedly in interviews. He made decisions which alienated the Black vote, like not going to the Bloody Sunday anniversary and going to on Fox News instead and not campaigning in the South. It all added up in a short time span. His heart attack isn't obscure news, either.

Electability is a key factor in winning primaries, and Sanders did everything he could to torch his. Didn't bother reaching out to influential politicians like Clyburn or healing the rift with Warren.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    This guy still wanted to hold the primary in the name of Democracy, yet...
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronav...-dupage-county
    We just lost one person, compare this to the numbers in New York and Washington. Yes we held a primary for normalcy, because there is no other way to vote!

Also for the record your talking about a state that got hit by a ton of shit over the years and managed to come out in good shape. Our governor is trying to keep people safe! He's been working round the clock and has been working with the mayors of the state to get a way to protect people. So read the damn article before you insult my state!

Ps. CPS turned the schools into food places where people can pick up meals for their kids, pre packaged and are trying to find ways to get it delivered.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 03-17-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    He'll pick up where Obama left off and get the ball rolling in those directions. Faster if the Democrats control both House and Senate
    maybe, but I think a progressive platform has a better chance at getting people out to vote, especially among working lower and middle class people. These are the people who are going to make a difference in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. The things Sanders is proposing are going to actually make a difference in these peoples lives. Biden for the most part isn’t even trying to speak to these people, how is he going to get them to come out to vote for him?
    Last edited by Maine Starfish; 03-17-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

trump is at it again. After claiming the severity of the coronavirus was a hoax created by dems and the free press, he's now saying he always knew the severity of it. When he does things like this, it makes me think it's not stupidity but senility.

"I've always viewed it as very serious...There was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar."

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    trump is at it again. After claiming the severity of the coronavirus was a hoax created by dems and the free press, he's now saying he always knew the severity of it. When he does things like this, it makes me think it's not stupidity but senility.

"I've always viewed it as very serious...There was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar."
    I guess Trump's bout of sanity couldn't last. I was still in shock from him actually having one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I guess Trump's bout of sanity couldn't last. I was still in shock from him actually having one.
    I think sanity was triggered in the brief moment he considered that he, i.e. the only person that mattered, might be at risk. He's since calmed down some.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Starting to think that was the robot that Disney created for the hall of Presidents.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

I don’t agree, I think Sanders has a much better chance of winning states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. His policies will actually benefit working class people in those states.

edit, but anyways it doesn’t really matter anymore, it’s clear people want to go with Biden and his incremental nonsense.
    Last edited by Maine Starfish; 03-17-2020 at 05:08 PM.

I don’t agree, I think Sanders has a much better chance of winning states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. His policies will actually benefit working class people in those states.
    You say he could beat Trump in Michigan but he couldnt beat Biden in that state. I dont see how he would have done better in the general. If they thought his policies would have benefited them then he would have beat Biden.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    We just lost one person, compare this to the numbers in New York and Washington. Yes we held a primary for normalcy, because there is no other way to vote!

Also for the record your talking about a state that got hit by a ton of shit over the years and managed to come out in good shape. Our governor is trying to keep people safe! He's been working round the clock and has been working with the mayors of the state to get a way to protect people. So read the damn article before you insult my state!

Ps. CPS turned the schools into food places where people can pick up meals for their kids, pre packaged and are trying to find ways to get it delivered.
    I did, that's why I posted it and no he should have canceled them for tonight. I disagree with you. We can have differences of opinion. My governor did better than yours in NC. If the elections were still happening in NC I'm sure Cooper would have shut it down like he's done everything else.

Sorry they should not be voting in any state.