Page 936 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 4368368869269329339349359369379389399409469861036 ... LastLast
Results 14,026 to 14,040 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, I said she was a useful idiot for Russia. An asset doesn't have to be actively treasonous to be useful.
    As opposed to Trump. Who is without doubt, treasonous.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, I said she was a useful idiot for Russia. An asset doesn't have to be actively treasonous to be useful.
    But it helps to call her an asset of certain dictators, when she's unable to criticize said dictators when asked about them, and sometimes even goes so far as to needlessly compliment them. With Assad, or Putin.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    But it helps to call her an asset of certain dictators, when she's unable to criticize said dictators when asked about them, and sometimes even goes so far as to needlessly compliment them. With Assad, or Putin.
    Oh, definitely. She's been a boon to Assad, Modi and Putin in Congress.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    When I was growing up in Philly in the 80's Home Economics wasn't just baking and sewing. It was literally how to get your finances decent, save some up, prioritize which gets paid and trying to have some left overs.

Americans get dumber every year as technology progresses, simply because a lot of the basics schools used ot teach are no longer there.
    Some people I know want the Bible taught as a class, instead of true Home Ec.

I mean Philly gave us a 25 dollar passbook checking account at Mellon Bank to learn how to use money properly in the 80's. Hell the city sent my schools French stuents on a trip to France if over a certain percent hit A's for all three years.

I don't know what's happened to school since then.
    I think it’s a great idea to include basic financing in schools education. I don’t know what the current schools are doing but we definitely didn’t have that at my school. I grew up in the 90s, graduated high school in 04, and college in 08.

Its mostly because the governments starve the schools of funds then throw red meat to their base so they ignore it

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I think it’s a great idea to include basic financing in schools education. I don’t know what the current schools are doing but we definitely didn’t have that at my school. I grew up in the 90s, graduated high school in 04, and college in 08.
    I think it was taken away in the 80s. I know I had Economics in my senior year in 99. 2006 they had 52% of students knowing Financial literacy. By 2008 it was down to 48%. Not sure what the numbers would be now but when my mom and dad were in school they had a lot of stuff we don't get any more. Economics, home ec, stuff you need to live. Not suprised it got cut more since W. And Trump have been in office.

https://journalstar.com/business/ber...1e47483e4.html

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Its mostly because the governments starve the schools of funds then throw red meat to their base so they ignore it
    Pretty much. They've cut a lot on the arts and daily life classes.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The US spends more money per student than most countries, so it's not mainly a funding issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nd-south-korea
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I work in a middle school, and I've seen a few of the lesson plans where they give 6th graders mock checkbooks to teach them a bit about family finances. The teacher will give them a word problem where they're given a constant income, utility bill and rent, and then asked to figure out how much they have left over to buy groceries.

Instead of home ec., it's now referred to as Family and Consumer Science.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The US spends more money per student than most countries, so it's not mainly a funding issue.

Paying more for worse outcomes is definitely the American Way.

And yet many schools are underfunded and starving.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Sure, but your not using it correctly. Why is it going to football stadiums and such? Why is it not actually being used to educate ?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Sure, but your not using it correctly. Why is it going to football stadiums and such? Why is it not actually being used to educate ?
    I'll take "toxic masculinity" for 500!!
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Football specifically gets a lot of money because in many schools the football program actually generates money used for other sports. Athletic departments are often dependent on the football program to determine how much they can spend for the rest of the year.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Authorities in Lagos said on Friday that hospitals had seen cases of chloroquine poisoning after Donald Trump touted the drug as a treatment against the coronavirus

Get that man off twitter. Get that monster out of the Oval Office. Get that party onto the trash heap of history. STAT.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!