Page 951 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 45185190194194794894995095195295395495596110011051 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,265 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Both Dems and Republicans tried to push some bull crap in the stimulus bill. Abortion, climate change, voter rights. They are important topics to address but not in a bill meant to help the American people through the crisis in memory. It makes me thing neither side wants to get this done.
    Some places are shutting down elective and nonessential medical procedures due to the pandemic. Someone realized that could be abused to shut down abortion access. That's why that needs to be touched upon in the government's pandemic response.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Some places are shutting down elective and nonessential medical procedures due to the pandemic. Someone realized that could be abused to shut down abortion access. That's why that needs to be touched upon in the government's pandemic response.
    Pass the package without the abortion part and address it in congress. That simple. The Package shpould be about getting people and small compines the help they need. I am more worried about my sister who is out of work making her rent and feeding her kids then solar energy, post office bail out, and abortion. And I am sure many Americans are feeling the same.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-23-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Meanwhile with crazy people, this *******.

Tx Lt Gov Dan Patrick says grandparents would be willing to die to save the economy for their grandchildren https://t.co/wC3Ngvtsbj

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Pass the package without the abortion part and address it in congress. That simple. The Package shpould be about getting people and small compines the help they need. I am more worried about my sister who is out of work making her rent and feeding her kids then solar energy, post office bail out, and abortion. And I am sure many Americans are feeling the same.
    That's true, they don't really have to pass it all in one go. But then again, we all know Mitch McConnell is going to leave town the minute he gets tax breaks for the rich, so I can't blame anyone that wants to get everything passed in one lump.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Today at Comerica bank in the drive thur I saw a senior citizen with a WALKER (that had wheels) using the drive thur to deposit his check and get $100. He looked at least 70.

Because the city is suppose to go on some lockdown tonight. I find funny that no one can explain what an nonessential business that needs to close is. Excluding stores like Ross (that I saw closed)-who is suppose to close?

My comic book store will delivery or ship (although Diamond's announcement might changed that).

Astonishing Member

Dr. Fauci and the surgeon general were missing from today's coronavirus press briefing. I wonder if they got fired.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Seeing the pandemic crash into primary season, as well as the fear that it might stretch out to the general election, is the reason it's being discussed in context of the current crisis.
    Then they can establish it as a temporary measure to be implemented under specific circumstances.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Manu Raju is a disingenuous hack, and has attacked many progressives outside of Sanders. Also, Joe Cursed at and threatened a VOTER, and what was your response to that?

Also, Bernie has been using his network, If you wanted to, you could have googled it.

This is what I meant in my response to you the other night. You said you wanted to know where people stand and other things, and when we tell you, it's not appreciated only countered. Then when asking you to be honest about a situation it comes across as a crass look down on the other party. Sanders IS doing something, Biden can do the same if he wanted. The Vote yesterday was filled with poison and Rand Paul a senator has it, and others may have it also. Males are 3 times as likely to die from this as women.

Sanders is not only hosting town halls and making plans to bring to the senate but raising money to help without the assistance of the government.

Sanders raises over $2 million for coronavirus relief effort
    It's great that Sanders is doing that, but why can't he just quit the race and start a charity?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Then they can establish it as a temporary measure to be implemented under specific circumstances.
    Why does making it easier to vote bother you?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Before Trump called for reevaluating lockdowns, they shuttered six of his top-earning clubs and resorts

President Trump’s private business has shut down six of its top seven revenue-producing clubs and hotels because of restrictions meant to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, potentially depriving Trump’s company of millions of dollars in revenue.

Those closures come as Trump is considering easing restrictions on movement sooner than federal public health experts recommend, in the name of reducing the virus’s economic damage.

In a tweet late Sunday, Trump said the measures could be lifted as soon as March 30. “WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF,” he wrote on Twitter.

In his unprecedented dual role as president and owner of a sprawling business, Trump is facing dual crises caused by the coronavirus. As he is trying to manage the pandemic from the White House, limiting its casualties as well as the economic fallout, his company is also navigating a major threat to the hospitality industry.
    The pandemic is threatening his status a as possible millionaire.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Someone online summed it up in an interesting way. They would rather have a 5 percent chance their mother dies than a 25 percent chance their children go through an economic depression.

There may eventually be situations where the tradeoff isn't worth it for the efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19.

In a Vox piece, some scientists think we'll need 18 months of social distancing and suppression to prevent hundreds of thousands of deaths.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...g-months-years

At that point, we do have to consider whether it's worth it.

It's not going to be as simple as being able to calculate the state of the economy or the risks to everyone else. The economy's probably going to suck if hospitals and mortuaries are overwhelmed, so reversing the current measures might kill a lot of people without any tangible economic benefit. However, for anyone considering how it is outrageous it that anyone would consider economic growth worth anyone's life, the longer we have a weak economy, the more people are going to die, from stress, suicide, addiction, lack of resources, etc.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus

An Arizona man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate — believing it would protect him from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man's wife also ingested the substance and is under critical care.

The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.

The man's wife told NBC News she'd watched televised briefings during which President Trump talked about the potential benefits of chloroquine. Even though no drugs are approved to prevent or treat COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, some early research suggests it may be useful as a therapy.
    The name "chloroquine" resonated with the man's wife, who asked that her name not be used to protect the family's privacy. She'd used it previously to treat her koi fish.

"I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'"

The couple — both in their 60s and potentially at higher risk for complications of the virus — decided to mix a small amount of the substance with a liquid and drink it as a way to prevent the coronavirus.

"We were afraid of getting sick," she said.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's great that Sanders is doing that, but why can't he just quit the race and start a charity?
    Yeah...

The guy who is actually doing great things should quit the race...

That makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why does making it easier to vote bother you?
    I'm bothered by how they're going about it for two main reasons.

1. I don't think elected officials should look at crises as opportunities. A bill that is meant to respond to a national crisis should generally focus exclusively on that crisis. It's not the time to hold the country hostage to push through other elements of your agenda, especially if it's something controversial.

2. Major permanent overhauls would require serious debate. That doesn't work well if it's a smaller part of a bill meant to address an urgent crisis.

There are some serious questions, that might be answered adequately in the course of a sober discussion. What measures are there to ensure that mail-in voting isn't abused by someone to steal an election? How much early voting should be allowed so that everyone voting has access to similar information (IE- someone who votes on October 21 will not know that a candidate would be caught on video beating his mistress on October 24)? How do we avoid biases against people disproportionately unlikely to have stable addresses?We're not going to be able to answer these questions when there's an urgent need to pass other parts of the legislation as quickly as possible so that tens of millions of people can pay their rent and basic necessities.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

The guy who is actually doing great things should quit the race...

That makes perfect sense.
    Sanders can do great things without running for president, he's running a campaign not a charity. The only reason the race is still going, despite the contravirus being a thing, is because he's to egoistical to lose gracefully. Any other candidate, aside from Tulsi, would have thrown in towel long ago in his position. Sanders lost.