Page 966 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 46686691695696296396496596696796896997097610161066 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,490 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I’ve said this before but Biden gets very overrated in debates because he worked Palin who I’m pretty sure most competent people could embarrass in a debate.
    His reputation is because of the debate with Paul Ryan, not Palin. Which he won handedly.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Weren’t the most recent excerpts coming from a day of marathon interviews?

I recall a lot of folks making similar excuses for their favorite actors laughing and calling fictional female characters particular slurs because they had been doing similar press junkets all day (see Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans during the Age of Ultron press junket). These things probably aren’t easy to do from a small part of your house all day. Not to say it is a good performance, but I really think he should’ve paced himself. We wanted him talking and out in public. We didn’t need him going for 12 hours straight on TV interviews.
    People were calling Paula Abdul a junkie over an interview like that.

Holy freaking hell. A nursing manager at Mt Sinai Hospital in NYC just died from coronavirus. Nurses at the hospital have been wearing trash bags because of the lack of protective gear.
    Twitter Link

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    His reputation is because of the debate with Paul Ryan, not Palin. Which he won handedly.
    I know at least one poster disagree's with me on this, but I think this is a very different Biden. And that's exactly what has some people worried.

He did pull it together for the debate with Sanders... credit where credit is due. But if you look at some of the interviews Sanders had half a decade ago in comparison to the ones he's had half a week ago, and they're night and day different.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That's what I'm trying to find out!
    No, WHO did it!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    No, WHO did it!
    WHO did WHAT?

[I love Abbott and Costello]

Top Dem PAC "Priorities USA" Slams Trump Over Virus

---
    Trump campaign threatens legal action over liberal super PAC ad

---
    The Trump campaign just released a cease and desist letter demanding that TV stations immediately pull this ad.
    Twitter Link

----
    I’ve worked on 3 presidential campaigns and have a decent sense of where the line is - there is no case for taking this down - it’s literally Trumps own words - in fact, you could cut a NEW one after each WH briefing with Trumps disinformation and defiance of science
    Twitter Link

Tazirai, you can't actually believe that certain news outlets complimenting NY governor Cuomo's actions during this pandemic, especially compared to our current POTUS, means that he's now a serious contender for the Democratic nomination and the Presidency.

The Trump Admin is getting huffy with the UN, insisting that the Coronvirus be called the 'Wuhan Virus' instead of calling it by it's scientific name COVID-19.

*Bleeping* racist idiots!!!!

U.S. insisting that the U.N. call out Chinese origins of coronavirus

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is pushing the U.N. Security Council to call attention to the Chinese origins of the coronavirus, four diplomats posted to the United Nations told NBC News, triggering a stalemate as the global body seeks to cobble together a response to the pandemic.

Talks among U.N. Security Council nations over a joint declaration or resolution on the coronavirus have stalled over U.S. insistence that it explicitly state that the virus originated in Wuhan, China, as well as exactly when it started there. China's diplomats are enraged according to the diplomats, even as they seek to put their own language into the statement praising China's efforts to contain the virus.

The dispute at the United Nations comes amid growing finger-pointing between Washington and Beijing over the coronavirus.

Job Vacancies and Inexperience Mar Federal Response to Coronavirus

Unfilled jobs and high turnover mean the government is ill equipped for a public health crisis, said many former and current federal officials and disaster experts.
    It is still mind-boggling that more Americans cannot see the gross incompetency and sycophancy that is the hallmark of this Administration.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-26-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Job Vacancies and Inexperience Mar Federal Response to Coronavirus

But let's keep fighting over the inevitable Biden nomination so this buffoon can get re-elected.
    I mean, does it honestly matter at this point? Very few people who are likely to support Biden are folks who are lamenting his nomination on Twitter or here. Bernie can keep running, but barring a major shift in the primary election narrative, we aren’t going to see Bernie make the comeback he needs to get elected. I mean, I might’ve seen the Tara Reade accusation being able to do that, but the same news outlets willing to do the “but her emails!” thing last time, like the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal have been unwilling to run this story. The only media coverage it has gotten is on pro-Sanders and ultra-Conservative websites. It might just be a case of the media wanting to vet the story of a woman who changed the allegations almost a year after initially coming forward, especially given her history of making blog posts in Russian and defending Putin, but it seems odd.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I mean, does it honestly matter at this point? Very few people who are likely to support Biden are folks who are lamenting his nomination on Twitter or here. Bernie can keep running, but barring a major shift in the primary election narrative, we aren’t going to see Bernie make the comeback he needs to get elected. I mean, I might’ve seen the Tara Reade accusation being able to do that, but the same news outlets willing to do the “but her emails!” thing last time, like the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Wall Street Journal have been unwilling to run this story. The only media coverage it has gotten is on pro-Sanders and ultra-Conservative websites. It might just be a case of the media wanting to vet the story of a woman who changed the allegations almost a year after initially coming forward, especially given her history of making blog posts in Russian and defending Putin, but it seems odd.
    You're right. I am changing my comment on my post.

In a way, Biden got lucky with the timing of the Tara Reade accusations coming out again.

Mainstream media would probably be making a bigger deal out of it even if the woman wasn't strongly vetted if they had more slow news days... but given the corona virus situation there's no such thing as a slow news day. So much is going on right now, there's almost no chance right now at least something like this will make the front page even if it is published because so much else is going on. He might be lucky enough for all of this to just fly under the radar at least for a few months until the virus stuff HOPEFULLY blows over.

That said, unless Reades story can be disputed I'm sure the GOP will be bringing all this to light closer to November.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In a way, Biden got lucky with the timing of the Tara Reade accusations coming out again.

Mainstream media would probably be making a bigger deal out of it even if the woman wasn't strongly vetted if they had more slow news days... but given the corona virus situation there's no such thing as a slow news day. So much is going on right now, there's almost no chance right now at least something like this will make the front page even if it is published because so much else is going on. He might be lucky enough for all of this to just fly under the radar at least for a few months until the virus stuff HOPEFULLY blows over.

That said, unless Reades story can be disputed I'm sure the GOP will be bringing all this to light closer to November.
    That’s also what I’m thinking, but the whole Russian agent thing, that initially seemed far-fetched to me, seems to be at least plausible enough to eat into the credibility of her story. She initially accused Biden of uncomfortable contact. That seems to be the common thread of many of the earlier allegations, which seemed quite plausible and verified. Then, things went quiet for a year. Probably because, for the most part, Biden even did the same thing to his male friends. So, that story went away.

Now, when Biden has the nomination pretty much wrapped up and Trump is failing to properly deal with a national emergency, she comes forward with more detailed allegations and pleading on Twitter for bigger outlets to pick up her story. Now, I’m not saying that someone who did go through that and finally wants to come forward wouldn’t want it shouted from the rooftops, but it does seem odd that it is a publicity game for her trying to get the news spread around.

I have no doubt that it will be used to “equalize” Biden to Trump in terms of personal reprehensibility if it isn’t significantly covered here. However, I wonder if we will have her claims vetted by then. I truly do think that some pro-Bernie and MAGA activists will litigate this now and will cause more high profile outlets to engage with it. If it is categorically untrue, I imagine that Biden would want this resolved prior to the late April primary in New York (assuming that still happens) and call for vetting these claims.

I think we often get in the habit of hero worship and Biden isn’t even my hero. I don’t know him personally or what he would do to women behind closed doors. But Biden has always seemed, to me at least, to be a man primarily driven by family. He lost his first wife and child in a car accident and seems to truly love Jill. This would have been when Biden had been married to Jill. He doesn’t seem, on the surface, to be like Bill Clinton. I’ve been wrong before though.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    WHO did WHAT?

[I love Abbott and Costello]
    how could anyone not love Abbott and Costello