Page 991 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 491891941981987988989990991992993994995100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,865 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I don’t think VPs make that much of a difference.
    The choice could deliver a swing State.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    We have never had candidates this old, Fishie.
    I’m aware, it’s still not going to make much of a difference. But sure some people will probably feel better with a much younger VP who could theoretically be the nominee in four years. I just don’t know if that’s a huge deciding factor, especially in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio etc...

I think, assuming Biden is the nomination at this point, it would be more important for him to select a more progressive candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I’m aware, it’s still not going to make much of a difference. But sure some people will probably feel better with a much younger VP who could theoretically be the nominee in four years. I just don’t know if that’s a huge deciding factor, especially in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio etc...

I think, assuming Biden is the nomination at this point, it would be more important for him to select a more progressive candidate.
    Why not both.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why not both.
    Sure, though really there’s not many options when it comes to young and progressive, neither AOC or Omar are eligible.

Just for an example, I think Warren would be a better pick than Buttigieg.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again, Gretchen Whitmer, governor of Michigan, is now the slam dunk candidate for Biden's VP choice assuming he sticks with his pledge to pick a woman. No other female even comes close to what she brings to the table which is a big delegate swing state that Trump won in 2016.

While Cuomo is now the face of the democratic party in terms of dealing with this pandemic, Whitmer is not far behind him as she has been battling with Trump in the media and on Twitter. Cuomo would obviously make a better choice but I'm going to assume Biden will stick with his female candidate pledge.

Whitmer is perfect in many ways. She would most certainly swing Michigan to Biden. She is only 48 which helps counter Biden's age since its highly likely that Biden won't be able to finish two terms given his age and declining mental abilities. She is attractive and while that shouldn't matter the reality is that it does when it comes to female candidates. And Trump has helped propel her into the national spotlight.

Is she progressive enough for the left wing of the Party?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    AOC breaks with Bernie on how to lead the left

It's almost tragic that Sanders' entire legacy is going to be the Trump presidency.
    Now, how long before people who are on Twitter start bashing her as a snake. Not talking about Kight or Taz, I mean the ones that tend to be ala Trump fanatics. Like they see this as a team sport.

I worry for the younger members of Congress because the more time they spend there the more the reality of the situation sets in.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I also feel the middle ground between "CHINAS EVIL" and "YOUR A RACIST TRYING TO COVER UP AMERICAS FAULT"
    Is the more realistic "This is Chinas fault through poor public hygiene and their continuing to lie to us is a dangerous policy that should be called out on" whilst focusing explicitly on the fact its not the average Chinese citizens fault.
    This is where I'm at. I do not blame anyone in China in regard to the people, outside of those doing the exotic meat thing. But I do blame their government and the Trump administration for this situation. Hell I sort of blame the UN for not putting their foot down. Honestly I'm starting to think that we need a centralized system for food and drink internationally that all countries adhere to and if they don't then fine and sanction them.

Is she progressive enough for the left wing of the Party?
    Versus who?

Kamala Harris or Amy Kloubchar?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Versus who?

Kamala Harris or Amy Kloubchar?
    Are those the likely picks.? I like Stacy Abrams.

Are those the likely picks.? I like Stacy Abrams.
    They are names that I have seen mentioned more than once.

Just how much that amounts too?

Hard telling.

As for "Likely...", Biden has seemed "Off..." enough that I'm not making any predictions.

Trump says Republicans would ‘never’ be elected again if it was easier to vote

Donald Trump admitted on Monday that making it easier to vote in America would hurt the Republican party.

The president made the comments as he dismissed a Democratic-led push for reforms such as vote-by-mail, same-day registration and early voting as states seek to safely run elections amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Democrats had proposed the measures as part of the coronavirus stimulus. They ultimately were not included in the $2.2tn final package, which included only $400m to states to help them run elections.
    “The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,” Trump said during an appearance on Fox & Friends. “They had things in there about election days and what you do and all sorts of clawbacks. They had things that were just totally crazy and had nothing to do with workers that lost their jobs and companies that we have to save.”

Democrats often accuse Republicans of deliberately making it hard to vote in order to keep minorities, immigrants, young people and other groups from the polls. And Republicans often say they oppose voting reforms because of concerns of voter fraud – which is extremely rare – or concerns over having the federal government run elections. But Trump’s remarks reveal how at least some Republicans have long understood voting barriers to be a necessary part of their political self-preservation.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    To continue the theme of most of my recent posts about why nobody, anywhere, ever should have any praise for how China handled anything involving this virus and why we should not trust any of their data:

-"Just two weeks ago the head of Emergency at Wuhan Central hospital went public, saying authorities had stopped her and her colleagues from warning the world. She has now disappeared, her whereabouts unknown" https://twitter.com/60Mins/status/1244211674439016449

-China decided to close all of their theaters again, which is odd for a country that claims only 54 new infections on Friday and is back to business: https://comicbook.com/movies/2020/03...s-coronavirus/

-Netherlands recalls 600k masks they received from China: https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...m-china-2020-3

-China sold 340k test kits to Spain, it turned out they only had a 30% accuracy rate: https://www.politico.eu/article/span...g-kits-fiasco/

-Riots occurred after police in a neighboring city refused to allow people from the Hubei province to cross into their city: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...ween-hubei-and

The reason I keep harping on this, and the reason I will continue to do so is that I am seeing people whitewash China's role in starting this worldwide crisis because they're either paid off or because it happens to suit their politics. We are seeing this insanity in real time.

The world is only in the situation it is because this genocidal police state decided to hide the disease for 1.5-2 months and they continue to lie and put the rest of the world at risk.
    We've been aware of China's human rights abuses for a long time and nobody here is surprised by any of this or is holding China up to be a positive example.
    I'm not sure why you keep aggresively beating this drum.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Megachurch pastor arrested for violating virus rule. This weekend I drove by one of our parks and it was fairly packed with people. I wonder if they'll start arresting people now.