Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man vs Bane

Can the wallcrawler defeat the man who broke the bat?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Unless this is Injustice Bane who is hopped up on nanites that give him Kryptonian level strength and durability, Bane is basically a punching bag going up against someone with at least comparable, if not ludicrously superior, strength to himself complimented with several times his speed.

Spiderman hopelessly outclasses Bane in literally every area.

He is much MUCH faster and stronger then 90% of Bane's incarnations.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Unless this is Injustice Bane who is hopped up on nanites that give him Kryptonian level strength and durability, Bane is basically a punching bag going up against someone with at least comparable, if not ludicrously superior, strength to himself complimented with several times his speed.
    A punching bag that is going to break pretty easily.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man could win this with one arm and both legs tied behind his back. While naked.

Oh my.

Incredible Member

Time to dust off the old speech

Bane is a warlord, not a fighter.

His biggest advantage is his tactical brain, photographic memory and his breadth of knowledge learned in one of the more horrific experiences.

If you want verses, you throw him against other generals, marshals and other military leaders and you suddenly understand why he is the man that broke the bat.

Unless you give Bane prep time, he's out of his league against pretty much any meta (much like Batman).

ex. and if you give Bane a symbiote suit, it's a lot like giving Punisher one: it's @#$@$ terrifying and results in one manhandled spiderman.
    Last edited by shades of eternity; 10-19-2019 at 08:25 AM.

BANNED

This is a curb stomp. Now if it's super venom dosed Bane then he will be Superman lite and then the curb stomp is reversed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If Parker is the same condition of illness and exhaustion Wayne was at the time of the legendary confrontation?

Bane has a remote chance. Very remote. If he has much gear and tons of luck. Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    This is a curb stomp. Now if it's super venom dosed Bane then he will be Superman lite and then the curb stomp is reversed.
    What's the most powerful Venom has ever made Bane? In comics I mean.

In some of the cartoons he becomes like a mini Kaiju who can smash up small buildings and mecha lol but I doubt the OP intended those versions.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What's the most powerful Venom has ever made Bane? In comics I mean.

In some of the cartoons he becomes like a mini Kaiju who can smash up small buildings and mecha lol but I doubt the OP intended those versions.
    Not Spider Man level powerful ever AFAI but in King's run he has developed a variant he called 'super venom' which is what granted Gotham and Gotham Girl powers while also causing them to slowly die whenever they use their powers. So he himself hasn't taken the experimental variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Not Spider Man level powerful ever AFAI but in King's run he has developed a variant he called 'super venom' which is what granted Gotham and Gotham Girl powers while also causing them to slowly die whenever they use their powers. So he himself hasn't taken the experimental variant.
    I thought Gotham's power was that he became strong enough to defeat whoever he was facing( and why he beat Superman). Super venom did that? Holy ****. That's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I thought Gotham's power was that he became strong enough to defeat whoever he was facing( and why he beat Superman). Super venom did that? Holy ****. That's impressive.
    Actually, Gotham and Gotham Girl's power is that they can sacrifice some of their lifespan to become stronger. Gotham basically sacrificed all of it to become a Justice League-level threat, from what I understand.

Also, back on topic, at the weekly "Characters mistreated by Rumbles"-meeting:

Batbale: This week, I was put in a fight where I didn't get stomped, life's great. What about you, comic Bane?

Comic Bane: ...(weeps). This figure, with big eyes, jumping everywhere, all it took was... one punch...

DKR Bane: Reminds me of someone who looks a lot like me, and can change into someone like that.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 10-20-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Killer Croc is laughing his arse off.

BANNED

Yeah that was all retconed by Williamson in his crossover storyline and King continued to run with it.