Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bunn: You know, it was a weird project. All of those projects were weird, especially Uncanny and Blue, because we had kind of been given marching orders that we couldn’t change anything with the X-Men. I mean, we were very limited with where we could go with the story because the plans for House of X–those were already in play when I first started writing Uncanny X-Men. We knew. It was like the worst-kept secret at Marvel. Like, “We got another plan.” Yeah, it’s Jonathan Hickman–everybody knows it! But that was in place when I took over Uncanny X-Men. To some degree, it was like placeholder stuff.

Wow. It wasn't just months of filler leading into the Hickman Era, it was years.
    Yeah, except we know this isn't true. Hickman first talked with Dan Buckley in late 2017, and the first House of X script is date from February 11th, 2018.

This was rough to read through, especially doubling down on the Emma stuff. Well, all I can say is thank Krakoa we’re in a new era.

Well Emma can always rely on a writer to forget her crimes

Everyone had a clean slate on Krakoa and unless you screwed that up post-amnesty (poor Sabes), it isn’t an Emma thing it’s a storytelling thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Everyone had a clean slate on Krakoa and unless you screwed that up post-amnesty (poor Sabes), it isn’t an Emma thing it’s a storytelling thing.
    That still doesn't make it right, erase the crimes. Hickman is acting like Emma never did anything wrong last years

I can't start #FreeCreed because I feel he'll be out by next year anyway.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That still doesn't make it right, erase the crimes. Hickman is acting like Emma never did anything wrong last years
    It’s not about being right/wrong, the goal is survival. Mutants weren’t gonna found a nation-state if they keep fighting over someone cheating or someone leaving their wife and kid or someone blowing up a planet or someone forcibly splitting the X-Men down the middle. And again, it isn’t only Emma being forgiven, it’s literally every mutant on Krakoa. The fixation on Emma would make sense if everyone else was also being punished but they aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I can't start #FreeCreed because I feel he'll be out by next year anyway.
    the earlier you get behind it, the more of your body he won’t eat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    When did Jean pay for comitting genocide?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Marvel retconed that, so technically she didn't do it. I know, i know, people don't like that retcon, but is what is the direction that they decide to take.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Marvel retconed that, so technically she didn't do it. I know, i know, people don't like that retcon, but is what is the direction that they decide to take.
    Except that now she was always Phoenix anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except that now she was always Phoenix anyway.
    Yes, she is the Phoenix, but according to the retcon, she physically didn't do the deed, it was a clone of her. Jean takes responsibility for the incident because of that, but to all purposes, she didn't actually perform it, so is just a case of heroism 101.

If you want a better example of a mass murderer of Phoenix's scale that has gotten away with it, Lucas Bishop is a better example of that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She was killed, her death was so big Marvel has tried to keep her dead for as long as they can and forget the character for years at least twice.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Bunn: You know, it was a weird project. All of those projects were weird, especially Uncanny and Blue, because we had kind of been given marching orders that we couldn’t change anything with the X-Men. I mean, we were very limited with where we could go with the story because the plans for House of X–those were already in play when I first started writing Uncanny X-Men. We knew. It was like the worst-kept secret at Marvel. Like, “We got another plan.” Yeah, it’s Jonathan Hickman–everybody knows it! But that was in place when I took over Uncanny X-Men. To some degree, it was like placeholder stuff.

Wow. It wasn't just months of filler leading into the Hickman Era, it was years.
    And it's sad I enjoyed some of that filler more than canon.

Good Bunn confirmed it. Now we know why his stuff is ignored.

So anything that took place since ANAD & prior to Hickman is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, except we know this isn't true. Hickman first talked with Dan Buckley in late 2017, and the first House of X script is date from February 11th, 2018.
    Yeah, I kinda have a hard time believing he's remembering things correctly. I mean, Blue I'd believe, but Uncanny? That was right after Hickman left Marvel, and before Hickman spent all that time negotiating fruitlessly with DC about Legion...

I do definitely believe the idea that they were given a directive not to change things, but because of HoX? That flies in the face of everything else we know about the genesis of the project.

(Also, given that Hickman is American, the date on the script, 11.02.18, could easily be November 2, 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She was killed, her death was so big Marvel has tried to keep her dead for as long as they can and forget the character for years at least twice.
    If somebody was punished it was jean even unfairly. She was the sexual abuse victim and still sacrificed herself

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s not about being right/wrong, the goal is survival. Mutants weren’t gonna found a nation-state if they keep fighting over someone cheating or someone leaving their wife and kid or someone blowing up a planet or someone forcibly splitting the X-Men down the middle. And again, it isn’t only Emma being forgiven, it’s literally every mutant on Krakoa. The fixation on Emma would make sense if everyone else was also being punished but they aren’t.
    Hickman crafted this story, nothing is coincidence. He wanted to forgive and forget Emma crimes, so he did it