Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Nice guy with some nice/bad ideas and largely bland execution.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If somebody was punished it was jean even unfairly. She was the sexual abuse victim and still sacrificed herself

Hickman crafted this story, nothing is coincidence. He wanted to forgive and forget Emma crimes, so he did it
    He also did the same for Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, and others and I would love to hear how they're so much more innocent than Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He also did the same for Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, and others and I would love to hear how they're so much more innocent than Emma.
    Magneto isn't a villain for 15 years. I already said that I'm against villains on krakoa

BANNED

As some of us have discussed in other threads today, Emma's forgiveness was always built in - she was grief-stricken and unstable, etc. That is just another Tuesday for most X-Men gone bad in the past.

Magneto isn't a villain for 15 years. I already said that I'm against villains on krakoa
    Neither is Emma. She was a villain during the worst written period of X-Men comics ever. At worst she was morally grey.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    As some of us have discussed in other threads today, Emma's forgiveness was always built in - she was grief-stricken and unstable, etc. That is just another Tuesday for most X-Men gone bad in the past.
    Grief just don't justify it. They weren't even together at that point and many months passed.

Neither is Emma. She was a villain during the worst written period of X-Men comics ever. At worst she was morally grey.
    She was straight bad, she was going to rape teen Scott if wasn't for Jeen stoping her

Grief just don't justify it. They weren't even together at that point and many months passed.

She was straight bad, she was going to rape teen Scott if wasn't for Jeen stoping her
    I wasn't aware grief for someone you care about has a expiration date or a time table. My wife's dad passed away 2 years ago, and she still struggles with that. I guess she should just man up and get over it?

Magneto still did pretty unforgivable things before that though. Of.we are giving him a pass because of that, then we shall give one to Emma, considering that she was in the good side since 1990 until 2016.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Magneto still did pretty unforgivable things before that though. Of.we are giving him a pass because of that, then we shall give one to Emma, considering that she was in the good side since 1990 until 2016.
    I don't even think he should be a hero too. So I'm fine with it

I wasn't aware grief for someone you care about has a expiration date or a time table. My wife's dad passed away 2 years ago, and she still struggles with that. I guess she should just man up and get over it?
    Grief is usually something that gets better with time, people have different ways to deal with it. Majority of people in grief doesn't go out there comiting mass murder and working with villain with that excuse

I don't even think he should be a hero too. So I'm fine with it
    Xavier, Gambit, Bishop, Forge, Magik, Angel, Kid Omega, Frenzy, and Beast have all done horrific stuff too. Should they still be heroes?

Wish Bunn had had more of a chance with the X-books. He handled a lot of characters well, and most of the negative aspects of his runs seem to have been inflicted by editorial. Turning the O5 into Exiles would have been a much better resolution for them than the continuity-warping one we received.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Nice guy with some nice/bad ideas and largely bland execution.
    Yeah, pretty much my take as well.

BANNED

I was all for them turning the O5 into Exiles. But I also never liked the O5 stuff much to begin with.

BANNED

If somebody was punished it was jean even unfairly. She was the sexual abuse victim and still sacrificed herself
    Abuse is really no justification for the murder of billions of people. And killing oneself to avoid having to face consequences is not justice.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Abuse is really no justification for the murder of billions of people. And killing oneself to avoid having to face consequences is not justice.
    I think in this case completely justified. It completely made her lose the control of the force she had.
    And the force kills everything that stop revolution, a person out of control couldn't stop it.

and she killed herself because she couldn't imagine live with it