Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The IvX forced crossover would have pissed me off too. He had to give up entire issues for that crap. Same goes for Gillen being interruptes by AvX.
    Agreed. Editorial had their foot up his ass, then he had mandate for that crossover crap, finally his run was cancelled early with him getting to tell very little of his own story before he's told to write the 05 or nothing.

Heck i'm still salty because I miss his Uncanny. That was & still is the last good X-Book for me. Nobody's really done much (good lol) since, and Hickman hasn't won me over yet either.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-21-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. Editorial had their foot up his ass, then he had mandate for that crossover crap, finally his run was cancelled early with him getting to tell very little of his own story before he's told to write the 05 or nothing.

Heck i'm still salt because I miss his Uncanny. That was & still is the last good X-Book for me. Nobodies really done much (good lol) since, and Hickman hasn't won me over yet either.
    The worst thing about all of this is that most people hated those editorial decisions yet they still believed they were all good ideas and had to keep forcing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The worst thing about all of this is that most people hated those editorial decisions yet they still believed they were all good ideas and had to keep forcing them.
    Well if we learned one thing, editorial doesn't care what fans want. lol They'll do what they want and hope it's lucrative with the fans.

Bunn has had an ax to grind his he got forced on to Blue, which he outright said he didn't want and that it gutted his plans for Uncanny.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-21-2019 at 05:24 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Broccoli people dont effin count!!!😡
    Neither do Inhumans. Praise Frost!
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Default AIPT! Cullen Bunn Interview on the X-men

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ing-the-x-men/

Pretty extensive stuff

AiPT!: Well, what I always enjoyed about X-Men Blue was how much story you packed into each issue. There were a lot of subplots running through that series.

Bunn: You know, it was a weird project. All of those projects were weird, especially Uncanny and Blue, because we had kind of been given marching orders that we couldn’t change anything with the X-Men. I mean, we were very limited with where we could go with the story because the plans for House of X–those were already in play when I first started writing Uncanny X-Men. We knew. It was like the worst-kept secret at Marvel. Like, “We got another plan.” Yeah, it’s Jonathan Hickman–everybody knows it! But that was in place when I took over Uncanny X-Men. To some degree, it was like placeholder stuff.

AiPT!: Before “Cross Time Capers,” when it seemed like the original five X-Men were from an alternate reality, X-Men Blue almost felt like an Exiles book, with the addition of “alternate” versions of Wolverine and Storm. What made you want to include Jimmy Hudson and vampire Ororo on the team?

Bunn: Well, I wanted to expand the team beyond the original five and I felt like in order to keep the right theme for the team, I needed characters who were out of place–who weren’t our versions of the characters. So that’s why Jimmy was an alternate Wolverine and Bloodstorm was an alternate Storm–not to mention Bloodstorm was a character I really like. So I wanted to put her in the book, and it’s interesting you say Exiles, because my intent was to end the series with them going back into the timestream. The original pitch, which was on the board for awhile, was it would then turn into a book called The Exiles and it would be that team doing what the Exiles used to do–lost in a reality stream. But alas, best laid plans.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

This again? Someone seriously need to tell the guy that writers get screwed over by directors/editors/producers all. the. freakin'. time.

This is already a thread.

It's useful to know that Hickman's plans affected writing as far back as Bunn's run on Uncanny X-Men. Fans of what's currently going on have said things to me ranging from "this has been in the works for years" to "this did not affect anything at all until the Uncanny X-Men event with Rosenberg." Now we have a timeline of at earliest January 2016, latest March 2017 on which to assess what Marvel's done with various characters and compare with recent activity from Hickman and Marvel.

I will say that I did look up quite a bit about Bunn's history when I was on board with what he might do. So I know he poured a lot of time and energy to get from work he made good money in but didn't enjoy to getting into comic book writing. If the company screwed him over, I'd say it's pretty fair to be upset after the effort put in.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Wish we got Bunn's Exiles and not the other one where they abused Morph.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's useful to know that Hickman's plans affected writing as far back as Bunn's run on Uncanny X-Men. Fans of what's currently going on have said things to me ranging from "this has been in the works for years" to "this did not affect anything at all until the Uncanny X-Men event with Rosenberg." Now we have a timeline of at earliest January 2016, latest March 2017 on which to assess what Marvel's done with various characters and compare with recent activity from Hickman and Marvel.

I will say that I did look up quite a bit about Bunn's history when I was on board with what he might do. So I know he poured a lot of time and energy to get from work he made good money in but didn't enjoy to getting into comic book writing. If the company screwed him over, I'd say it's pretty fair to be upset after the effort put in.
    Seems like a combination of factors: marvel not wanting to invest on x-books while editors were waiting for marvel approve Hickman pitch.
    So the whole books kept going stale for too long

I really remember Hickman going to a marvel retreat after secret wars was over.

Everything has been place holder from Bendis to HoX; and Bendis wasn't much of a direction anyways. Easily one of the worst periods of X-History.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Fantastic Member

well the Jimmy Hudson thing apparently was his idea and just yuck....

placeholder or not Bendis stunk and X-Men Blue wasn't good either

Fantastic Member

Marvel editors to Bunn: Hickman's coming in with a new idea for the X-Men, don't change anything.

Marvel editors to Rosenburg: Hickmans's coming in with a new idea for the X-Men, do whatever you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This is already a thread.
    Well that waa overrun with Emma vs. Jean. So a fresh one is cool. Lol

My blessings to Bunn for the X-Office's crap treatment of him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-22-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well that waa overrun with Emma vs. Jean. So a fresh one is cool. Lol
    How? Wasn't that one about the Rachel team?
    "Cable was right!"