Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

I think everything since House of M is mostly a wash with a handful of good runs here and there. There were some good writers (Gillen, Carey, etc) and solid characters but the overall trajectory of the books never changed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I will say that I did look up quite a bit about Bunn's history when I was on board with what he might do. So I know he poured a lot of time and energy to get from work he made good money in but didn't enjoy to getting into comic book writing. If the company screwed him over, I'd say it's pretty fair to be upset after the effort put in.
    He wrote mediocre books from top to bottom with mediocre characters. Possible exception: Magneto. And no, Hickman did not write or plot the books from 2016-2017 on. Further, Bunn's alleged timeline has been contradicted by multiple other interviews, and because of this it was disputed by many posters the first time this interview was posted here last week.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    He wrote mediocre books from top to bottom with mediocre characters. Possible exception: Magneto. And no, Hickman did not write or plot the books from 2016-2017 on. Further, Bunn's alleged timeline has been contradicted by multiple other interviews, and because of this it was disputed by many posters the first time this interview was posted here last week.
    Not to mention i find it hard to believe a true hardcore x-fan was able to do so many books without one mutant that actually looked like they could be a mutant in a major role. Has that ever happened since the original 05?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This erasure of Kieron Gillen's run will not stand.
    Haha. His run felt to directly connected to Fraction and tied into the mess that was AvX. That said, I think he improved the characters voices significantly from Fraction and balanced the characters better.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The most that makes sense is that before leaving Marvel following Secret Wars’ released conclusion, he was in talks of handling the X-Men franchise next and may have given the roughest of rough sketches around what he intended to do with Powers of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The most that makes sense is that before leaving Marvel following Secret Wars’ released conclusion, he was in talks of handling the X-Men franchise next and may have given the roughest of rough sketches around what he intended to do with Powers of X.
    I could see that being the case, but I don't see Marvel putting the X-books on hold hoping that after his hiatus from work-for-hire Hickman's negotiations with DC would stall and leave him available.

From what BleedingCool has reported, the plan going into Secret Wars was originally that Remender was going to take over and move the X-Men to, like, the moon Europa I think. Editorial decided it should be Limbo instead and that's how Lemire's status quo started. (I'm sure Remender and Editorial had more disagreements than just where the X-Men would be hiding from Terrigen)
    Last edited by H-E-D; 10-22-2019 at 11:09 PM.

BANNED

I'm glad they didn't get taken off-planet, but the resultant books were awful and whatever folks' understandable issues with Remender I've always been curious to hear more of what was originally planned.

I find it funny that we x-fans have been complaining about the line for years... And the response from Marvel was always very defensive, even talking **** about the fandom. They said we had a complex, damn.

Now that Hickman came aboard they talk openly how the last decade wasn't great, how the mutants are returning to glory now. F*ck them.

BANNED

That's what you get when Brevoort goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I find it funny that we x-fans have been complaining about the line for years... And the response from Marvel was always very defensive, even talking **** about the fandom. They said we had a complex, damn.

Now that Hickman came aboard they talk openly how the last decade wasn't great, how the mutants are returning to glory now. F*ck them.
    Yeah marvel treated as that was fans imagination.

Funny how things are

Marvel has a history of trying to disparage and dissuade fans from thinking they know much or have any power. When proof came out about Marvel barring use of Fantastic Four on sketch cards, Marvel tried to claim it was all made up. I remember around when I first got more into this, Marvel would claim they didn't read or listen to anything fans said online, ever, clearly in an attempt to make fans think they have no influence on Marvel. Reality's always been counter to what Marvel wants fans to think it is.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

And now the profit with "Hey! The first big x-thing after Morrison! Check this out!", after years of dissuading us?

Not cool, Marvel. Not cool at all.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Remember that Marvel still insists to this day that OMD was a fantastic idea, and took years to admit that The Clone Saga was stupid.

And now the profit with "Hey! The first big x-thing after Morrison! Check this out!", after years of dissuading us?

Not cool, Marvel. Not cool at all.
    way to go Marvel.

Hear a rumor that X-men line would be more or less on hold to when Hickman would be ready to take over after the break he took from comics.