Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,012

    Default

    Nessie and Myndi are both death due to them public knowing who Diana is. Unlike Supes or Bruce. I would say majority of Diana’s circle knows who she is. So it’s just a secret to the public


    The ambassador is paid by their country. Also I feel that Diana would want to be independent not be supported by other governments. Diana is all about independence. She isn’t independent if she often has to rely by the government for her life

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Nessie and Myndi are both death due to them public knowing who Diana is. Unlike Supes or Bruce. I would say majority of Diana’s circle knows who she is. So it’s just a secret to the public
    Nessie isn't dead and Myndi's death had nothing to do with Diana. She died of a drug overdose.


    The ambassador is paid by their country. Also I feel that Diana would want to be independent not be supported by other governments. Diana is all about independence. She isn’t independent if she often has to rely by the government for her life
    By this logic anyone who works for their government isn't independent.

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,012

    Default

    Nessie’s mom. I just don’t want her to be paid by the government. Yea, she can partner herself with military at times but not get paid. That’s just my opinion. Why can’t she have time to give artifacts to the museums.

  4. #34
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Diana of Themyscira had a job, privacy, a social life with her friends when she wanted and frankly this idea she was constantly being hounded by the paparazzi is more head canon as opposed to what actually happened in the books. It doesn't happen nearly as often as people think.
    And that's a good thing, because it would remind people of another Princess Diana... the Princess of Wales died in a car crash because of paparazzi.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,012

    Default

    I wonder. Would it be interesting if she can wear something that makes her look different. That instead of a tall woman. She is average.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Nessieís mom.
    Died in a car accident.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Died in a car accident.
    The car "accident" was set up by Dr. Psycho. Also the reason the first Nessie was seduced by the male Cheetah to become the Silver Swan was because of her proximity to Wonder Woman. Then there's the time she was almost killed by Decay and Dr. Psycho also attacked her. Trevor Barnes is definitely dead due to knowing Wonder Woman, had he continued to work at the U.N. without meeting her he'd still be alive. So would Kane Milohai who was murdered by Zeus after accepting Diana's fealty and becoming her patron. Then there's Lennox who was destroyed after defending his sister and poor Martin Garibaldi an innocent child who was turned to stone simply for playing around the Amazon Embassy. All these are strong reasons for Diana maintaining a secret identity.

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,012

    Default

    This is why I don’t mind if Nesise and her family do know who she is but they use her adopted name. Even in bloodline that’s what got Nessie’s mom killed. Diana needs to be able to make sure others don’t know. I feel like unlike Bruce or Clarke Diana can tell people who she is. Now in order to make sure it works her bracelets or something else can make Diana look different to others. Her home can easily be hidden. I actually want Diana’s Id not to be too difficult. That she can have a job that’s not like Bruce or Clarke’s something that’s a little more her. A life coach or self defense teach.

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    The car "accident" was set up by Dr. Psycho. Also the reason the first Nessie was seduced by the male Cheetah to become the Silver Swan was because of her proximity to Wonder Woman. Then there's the time she was almost killed by Decay and Dr. Psycho also attacked her. Trevor Barnes is definitely dead due to knowing Wonder Woman, had he continued to work at the U.N. without meeting her he'd still be alive. So would Kane Milohai who was murdered by Zeus after accepting Diana's fealty and becoming her patron. Then there's Lennox who was destroyed after defending his sister and poor Martin Garibaldi an innocent child who was turned to stone simply for playing around the Amazon Embassy. All these are strong reasons for Diana maintaining a secret identity.
    Secret identities have never protected civilians from villains. They are in constant danger by virtue of being in a superhero universe. In their first story, the Sinister Six kidnapped May Parker and Betty Brant despite not knowing of either’s connection to Spider-Man. Trevor Barnes’ death had nothing to do with him knowing who Wonder Woman was. He was killed because an evil god possessed his body and then Zeus destroyed him so that said god would not be able to come back. Martin was turned to stone because he was watching t.v. while the Medusa battle was going on and he was restored anyway. Diana having a secret identity would not have protected Kane Milohai who would likely know who she really was anyway and his death was because of Zeus' jealousy. The origin of the original Silver Swan shows how easy it is for villains to pick some random teenage girl and twist her into a villain. And Lennox’s days were numbered given how much crap Zeus’ offspring have to deal with.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-24-2019 at 10:42 PM.

  10. #40
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Secret identities have never protected civilians from villains. They are in constant danger by virtue of being in a superhero universe. In their first story, the Sinister Six kidnapped May Parker and Betty Brant despite not knowing of either’s connection to Spider-Man. Trevor Barnes’ death had nothing to do with him knowing who Wonder Woman was. He was killed because an evil god possessed his body and then Zeus destroyed him so that said god would not be able to come back. Martin was turned to stone because he was watching t.v. while the Medusa battle was going on and he was restored anyway. Diana having a secret identity would not have protected Kane Milohai who would likely know who she really was anyway and his death was because of Zeus' jealousy. The origin of the original Silver Swan shows how easy it is for villains to pick some random teenage girl and twist her into a villain. And Lennox’s days were numbered given how much crap Zeus’ offspring have to deal with.
    Trevor Barnes wouldn't have been possessed if he weren't trying to save Diana from the Shattered God. Zeus wouldn't be jealous if Kane Milohai had stayed away from Wonder Woman. Lennox made it through 2 world wars unscathed until he started hanging around Diana. Martin Garibaldi wasn't watching tv, he was trying to protect his brother when Medusa attacked the embassy and compelled him to look at her. It was all set up by Athena anyway because she was playing chess and knocked his piece over in order to manipulate Wonder Woman and Vanessa wasn't picked at random.

  11. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Trevor Barnes wouldn't have been possessed if he weren't trying to save Diana from the Shattered God.
    Do you also blame Steve Trevor's deaths in the Silver Age and the movie on him knowing Diana too?



    Zeus wouldn't be jealous if Kane Milohai had stayed away from Wonder Woman.
    Which had nothing to do with her lack of secret identity. What would it have mattered if she was using the Diana Prince alias?

    Lennox made it through 2 world wars unscathed until he started hanging around Diana. Martin Garibaldi wasn't watching tv, he was trying to protect his brother when Medusa attacked the embassy and compelled him to look at her. It was all set up by Athena anyway because she was playing chess and knocked his piece over in order to manipulate Wonder Woman and Vanessa wasn't picked at random.
    These points all feel less like arguments for Diana to have a secret identity and more like arguments she shouldn't form any close relationships at all because they'll be targeted by villain and/or die.

  12. #42
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you also blame Steve Trevor's deaths in the Silver Age and the movie on him knowing Diana too?





    Which had nothing to do with her lack of secret identity. What would it have mattered if she was using the Diana Prince alias?



    These points all feel less like arguments for Diana to have a secret identity and more like arguments she shouldn't form any close relationships at all because they'll be targeted by villain and/or die.
    No my point is if all of these people had been close to Diana Prince and not Wonder Woman they'd be a lot better off and in some cases not dead.

  13. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No my point is if all of these people had been close to Diana Prince and not Wonder Woman they'd be a lot better off and in some cases not dead.
    Steve knew Wonder Woman when he crashed on Themyscira. So him not knowing her as Wonder Woman or Diana Prince would mean never coming to the island. Even when she had the Diana Prince identity Diana never kept it from her loved ones.

    Milohai was a god who was the new Amazon patron. Whether he knew Diana Prince or Wonder Woman was irrelevant.

    Hell, you might as well say that she's putting Superman and Batman in danger if they know her as Wonder Woman.

    Frankly, using protection of friends and family as less of a valid excuse to have secret identities and more of a sign of just how incompetent superheroes are at setting up a network to keep civilians they know safe.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-25-2019 at 02:58 AM.

  14. #44
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Steve knew Wonder Woman when he crashed on Themyscira. So him not knowing her as Wonder Woman or Diana Prince would mean never coming to the island. Even when she had the Diana Prince identity Diana never kept it from her loved ones.

    Milohai was a god who was the new Amazon patron. Whether he knew Diana Prince or Wonder Woman was irrelevant.

    Hell, you might as well say that she's putting Superman and Batman in danger if they know her as Wonder Woman.

    Frankly, using protection of friends and family as less of a valid excuse to have secret identities and more of a sign of just how incompetent superheroes are at setting up a network to keep civilians they know safe.

    Other superheroes can protect themselves against a supervillain a teenaged girl like Vanessa can not. A network? Every one in it would be a target. Wonder Woman in desperation to reach Themyscira called out and Kane Milohai benevolently answered not knowing it would be his undoing. Diana Prince wouldn't have called.

  15. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Other superheroes can protect themselves against a supervillain a teenaged girl like Vanessa can not. A network? Every one in it would be a target.
    And some of those targets would know how to defend themselves and others. Diana has an entire country of superhuman women at her beck and call, to say nothing of the other superheroes and military organizations she is close to.




    Wonder Woman in desperation to reach Themyscira called out and Kane Milohai benevolently answered not knowing it would be his undoing. Diana Prince wouldn't have called.
    You do realize they're the same person right? The only reason Diana Prince wouldn't have called is if she didn't know she was Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-27-2019 at 02:35 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •