Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kitty's also a third gen student. He'd give it to the older kids anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

Has Kitty ever had a story or arc of introspection to how she views the intelligence of her teammates?

I'm asking because, it is what I think she needs. If she's had that then I'd buy her as a leader.

My estimation of Kitty divisive appeal, is that due to her child prodigy given status, we then assume/expect that she should be bright enough to be tactful, socially, but when she isn't (which are her most famous lines/feats/scenes) she comes across poorly.

It would be understandable (to me) that she'd lack some faith in the intelligence of others, and so be a bit faithless of their actions and plans, so I think she'd benefit from a writer giving her inner-monologues showing her overcoming her doubts in others.

I think most people now know more about intelligence 'spectrums' and aptitudes as to give her a break, in terms of her abruptness in past stories, but it could be a nice 'cosy'/useful tale for her/us to have a writer show us her 'workings out'.

Show us her workings of figuring people and stuff out. Have her retrospectively acknowledge that she found computing to be easy yet was puzzled by people. She has now grown, matured, into faith in others, but I'm not sure the readers have been taken on that storyline as to make it be believable as to her being put into leadership positions.

More current, up to-date inner-thoughts, Inner monologues and thought bubbles X-Office, they are your friends.

I think Duggan will do her good in Marauders, He does seem to give some of his characters great motivations/agency/thoughts.

On thread title: WHY DIDN'T XAVIER OFFER KITTY A LEADERSHIP POSITION?

My head canon is that Xaviers telepathy would mean he'd know that she could be a bit bratty, contrarian due to her youth (or maybe actually just her character) and so not be a good leadership candidate then.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Because it's very clear Xavier is purposely trying to fail.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Has Kitty ever had a story or arc of introspection to how she views the intelligence of her teammates?

I'm asking because, it is what I think she needs. If she's had that then I'd buy her as a leader.

My estimation of Kitty divisive appeal, is that due to her child prodigy given status, we then assume/expect that she should be bright enough to be tactful, socially, but when she isn't (which are her most famous lines/feats/scenes) she comes across poorly.

It would be understandable (to me) that she'd lack some faith in the intelligence of others, and so be a bit faithless of their actions and plans, so I think she'd benefit from a writer giving her inner-monologues showing her overcoming her doubts in others.

I think most people now know more about intelligence 'spectrums' and aptitudes as to give her a break, in terms of her abruptness in past stories, but it could be a nice 'cosy'/useful tale for her/us to have a writer show us her 'workings out'.

Show us her workings of figuring people and stuff out. Have her retrospectively acknowledge that she found computing to be easy yet was puzzled by people. She has now grown, matured, into faith in others, but I'm not sure the readers have been taken on that storyline as to make it be believable as to her being put into leadership positions.

More current, up to-date inner-thoughts, Inner monologues and thought bubbles X-Office, they are your friends.

I think Duggan will do her good in Marauders, He does seem to give some of his characters great motivations/agency/thoughts.

On thread title: WHY DIDN'T XAVIER OFFER KITTY A LEADERSHIP POSITION?

My head canon is that Xaviers telepathy would mean he'd know that she could be a bit bratty, contrarian due to her youth (or maybe actually just her character) and so not be a good leadership candidate then.
    If I were Xavier, I'd consider Kitty a pain in the ass. She's the X-Man most likely to second guess him, and most likely to call him out when he isn't practicing what he preaches (e.g. using his telepathy to alter someone's memories). At least, that's how I imagine her.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Because he’s a jerk.
    Because he's resentful and never forgave the insult.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Because Hickman didn't want to?