Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Why didn't Xavier offer Kitty a leadership position?

This has been bugging me. Kitty is one of my favorite X-Men, so I guess I'm offended on her behalf. Kitty ran the school and led the X-Men for a significant span of time, and in my mind she deserves a leadership role more than Illyana and at least as much as any of the other captains or council members. Yet, it's Emma Frost, of all people, who is offering Kitty a captaincy and probably a seat on the Quiet Council, but shouldn't Xavier himself have offered her some sort of position? If I was Kitty, I would feel slighted.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 10-19-2019 at 11:35 PM.

BANNED

Because he’s a jerk.

BANNED

He read Gold.

(I like Kitty but I had to)

Fantastic Member

You're not Michael Pickens by any chance, are you?

BANNED

I have absolutely no idea who that is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Because he’s a jerk.
    Now that's funny.

BANNED

He only had 3 seats to give to faves. Probably could have as easily been Kitty as Kurt.

BANNED

3 leaders
    3 X-men
    3 X-villains
    3 businessman.
    Kitty ate Warren's role in the council.

Because even him can get things right once in a while.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I have absolutely no idea who that is.
    Michael Pickens was a huge Power Pack fan back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    3 leaders
    3 X-men
    3 X-villains
    3 businessman.
    Kitty ate Warren's role in the council.
    Family, friends and allies. I liked his labelling of the other Seasons.

I think that he chose Kurt over Kitty because he needed some "heart" on that Council. Plus Xavier wasn't really around while Kitty was in a leadership position (lucky him).

Btw, I never fully understood if Warren is really a businessman or just really, really reach because of his families. He never gave the kind of feel that Emma and Shaw did to me when it comes to business.

This topics feels like hey my favorite character should be important even though they made my favorite character important. The X-men have million people in the franchise. Not everyone who deserves an important role gets one and beside she got a important position. But since we are here are you saying that Kitty would be better captain than Illyana at waging a war/defense? An enemy force is preparing invading Krakoa and you need to kill them to prevent them from attacking who is the choice? The 3 captains Bishop, Gorgon, and Magik have shown they can be tactical ruthless unlike Kitty.Cyclops is the one of best tactical leader in comics. No Kitty is not a better choice for defense Krakoa. Kitty put(left) Mansion in Central Park and had purifiers and the executioner infiltrating the mansion. Nah. Illyana deserves her position as Captain and other Captains as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This topics feels like hey my favorite character should be important even though they made my favorite character important. The X-men have million people in the franchise. Not everyone who deserves an important role gets one and beside she got a important position. But since we are here are you saying that Kitty would be better captain than Illyana at waging a war/defense? An enemy force is preparing invading Krakoa and you need to kill them to prevent them from attacking who is the choice? The 3 captains Bishop, Gorgon, and Magik have shown they can be tactical ruthless unlike Kitty.Cyclops is the one of best tactical leader in comics. No Kitty is not a better choice for defense Krakoa. Kitty put(left) Mansion in Central Park and had purifiers and the executioner infiltrating the mansion. Nah. Illyana deserves her position as Captain and other Captains as well.
    Agreed. I saw someone suggest that Kitty was a Krakoan ambassador in New York because of the flower scene in HoX 1,and I think that Kitty could have been some kind of good ambassador for the X-Men in the New York superhero community using the school as embassy.
    Last edited by Veitha; 10-20-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Agreed. I saw someone suggest that Kitty was a Krakoan ambassador in New York because of the flower scene in HoX 1,and I think that Kitty could have had some kind of good ambassador for the X-Men in the New York superhero community using the school as embassy.
    Kitty would be good at many roles, The ambassador role makes sense with her being politician in future stories( she was a politician in future in some stories right?)
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-20-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Kitty would be good at many roles, The ambassador role makes sense with her being politician in future stories( she was a politician in future in some stories right?)
    I think she was a major and then President in The End storyline.