Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Future Fight: worth playing for an x-fan?

I wanted to play this but I have a few questions. Is this game worth downloading if I only want to play as X-characters? Is it pay to progress or pay to get characters? Is it a grind?

Please let me know

It gets to be a grind, and eventually you're just gonna be auto-clearing stuff and you don't really use your favorite characters.

Yes. Most X-Men are there. You will need some time to open them.

------------
    Last edited by Mr Abductor; 10-20-2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: PrezValentine's explantion

Oh. Thanks for the help. I have to think about this more.

Does anyone know how to get XML 2 working on windows 10?

I tried playing the game, but rage-quit due to the lottery system of unlocking characters rather then the computer giving them over time, much less being able to pick yourself. (Oddly enough, it was a failed attempt to unlock the X-23 Wolverine that was the last straw.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

To me the gameplay felt repetitive as well. I dropped it pretty quickly.

BANNED

It's a grind, but it's way more friendly to new players currently. You get a bunch of free characters at a high level of power and some of them are among the game's best options if you have the right uniform. Just to clarify some terms: you need materials called biometrics or x-genes to unlock characters. Some need 10, others need 20. You can obtain them from missions, or buy them in certain parts of the game. You also get "selectors" that allow you to pick the biometric/x-gene you want, without any random factor. Characters have ranks from 1 to 6. You can level them up to 60, once you reach rank 6. Once you fully upgrade them on level 60, you can get them to tier 2, which unlocks for them a new "passive" skill. After that, you can unlock their potential and get their level up to 70.

For you to get to the point where you have the luxury of playing only with the X-Men, you really need to work with the other characters (Avengers and whatnot).

1. Cyclops, Rogue, Beast, Storm and Wolverine are unlocked through a series of quests whose main goal is to get Wolverine to level 60/tier 2. You can unlock Magneto with the game's currency (crystals). You can either grind to obtain crystals or buy them. I believe the pack to get 2500 or so crystals per month is U$ 5,00 currently. Magneto takes 6600 crystals to obtain and I believe you get a refund of 1500 crystals after buying him, with each step of the quest that you complete. Once you get him and the other characters I mentioned earlier to level 60 + tier 2, you unlock Jean Grey. She's costly to upgrade to her fullest, but she won't disappoint you.

2. Colossus, Magik, Juggernaut, Jubilee, Gambit, Kitty Pryde and Namor can only be obtained through a monthly pack. I'm not sure how much it costs in american dollars, but it might be something close to U$ 15,00, maybe?

3. Domino and Fantomex are obtained through Deadpool's quest. Deadpool is a great character in the game, so if you consider him an X-character, he's a great pick. Psylocke works the same way as Magneto, 6600 crystals, 1500 for refund. If you upgrade these four, plus Cable and Colossus, to tier 2, you unlock Stryfe.

4. Cable and Apocalypse are unlocked through a game mode called World Boss, where you take on a boss fight with characters that are rank 6 and above. They cost the same as Jean Grey and Stryfe to fully upgrade.

5. Warpath, Angel and Bishop are obtained through a game mode called dimension rift, that will change soon to dimension mission. I don't think it takes long for a new player to unlock them both.

6. Kid Omega and X-23 are a bit harder. X-Gene selectors are rare, but there's a function called SHIELD Lab where you can convert some materials into their X-Genes. It's random, sadly.

I hope this helps you and people interested in the game. If you need further clarifications, let me know

BANNED

It's one of those really awful mobile games with 20+ currencies, lot boxes with 1% chance of getting the thing you want, constant daily play required to unlock the stuff you want without buying the bad loot boxes, and tons of other stuff that should be discouraged in gaming.

Do not play it. Do not reward the people for making stuff like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Oh. Thanks for the help. I have to think about this more.

Does anyone know how to get XML 2 working on windows 10?
    I have the game and i'm still playing it once every month. I never had any problem making it work on windows 10.

I like the game but it has been very buggy since the last update and I don't get any impression they are looking into the problems.

I was hoping this game would scratch my x-fix, but its feeling like a hard pass....

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I have the game and i'm still playing it once every month. I never had any problem making it work on windows 10.
    Do you have the cd version for pc or a download? I can install from the cd, but not play. No error message, just nothing. any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    I was hoping this game would scratch my x-fix, but its feeling like a hard pass....

Do you have the cd version for pc or a download? I can install from the cd, but not play. No error message, just nothing. any help would be appreciated.
    The game isn't BAD, per se. I play it every day, mostly to get my daily stuff done.

It isn't the worst offender of the "grind unless you pay" free phone game area, but it can be frustrating sometimes when what you want is just out of reach. But they do give a lot of daily rewards (especially to new players), and a lot of stuff for events which happen fairly frequently. I'd say give it a shot, it's free, but don't spend money unless you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The game isn't BAD, per se. I play it every day, mostly to get my daily stuff done.

It isn't the worst offender of the "grind unless you pay" free phone game area, but it can be frustrating sometimes when what you want is just out of reach. But they do give a lot of daily rewards (especially to new players), and a lot of stuff for events which happen fairly frequently. I'd say give it a shot, it's free, but don't spend money unless you enjoy it.
    ok, I'll give it a try. in fairness, Prez's post did get me interested, though it still sounds....we'll see.

I used to play it before the X-Men were added and then came back around the time they were. I think it's worth visiting if you're an x-fan now and yeah, it is much more friendlier to new players now.