Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone else think [spoiler] might be a black brain telepath?

After Hickman's latest interview, I have at the back of my mind that Rachel might be revealed to be a back brain telepath. Would that piss people off or would people be okay with it?

And Josué Sarolli (@josuesarolli) asked: This is eating me up: if x2 and x3 are different timelines, how come Cylobel is in both, in a tube?

Jonathan: Okay, so these are actually the same question. And although this is a spoiler and me clearly explaining the story (which I try not to do), I’m giving myself a pass in this case because the plan we started with at the beginning of the project changed during the publishing of it.

So, yes, there was going to be a thousand-year timeline in the back of Powers of X #6 explaining all the cool things that happened in that life. Included in that timeline was going to be the revelation that black brain telepaths are a Nimrod construct and on a long enough Nimrod timeline–where he is locked in a battle with mutantdom–Nimrod always oversees the ‘creation’ of black brain telepaths as a way to infiltrate the ranks of his mutant enemies.

And the kicker here is that they all look completely identical when they manifest (like Cylobel does) but before then they all look different and display different power sets. It’s only when they shed their external skin that a black brain telepath is revealed. So the matching shot in Powers of X #1–where they looked like the same person in a stasis tube but actually weren’t–was built to be deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    After Hickman's latest interview, I have at the back of my mind that Rachel might be revealed to be a back brain telepath. Would that piss people off or would people be okay with it?
    I'm not sure how it would work. Just because of the whole phoenix thing. Also we know Rachel played a part with Days of Future Pasts which also happened in life 4.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Far more likely the black brain infiltrators are the Stepford Cuckoos.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm not sure how it would work. Just because of the whole phoenix thing. Also we know Rachel played a part with Days of Future Pasts which also happened in life 4.
    The Moira stuff doesn't entirely line up either. I don't think that Hickman is totally bound to continuity.

Fantastic Member

I'd be fine with it. Rachel needs to be unique

I think you missed the part where all the black brain telepaths look the same. That why the Cylobel in life 6 and life 9 look like the same person. Once their powers awaken they look identical. This explanation did not end up making it into the comic issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    I think you missed the part where all the black brain telepaths look the same. That why the Cylobel in life 6 and life 9 look like the same person. Once their powers awaken they look identical. This explanation did not end up making it into the comic issues.
    The second part of Hickman's answer said that they only look identical once they are revealed as Black Brain telepaths

"And the kicker here is that they all look completely identical when they manifest (like Cylobel does) but before then they all look different and display different power sets. It’s only when they shed their external skin that a black brain telepath is revealed."

So any potential Black Brain telepaths could look like anyone before their programming kicks in and then they suddenly look like Cylobel

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    After the end of this event and considering we didn't see the top of his head, the black brain telepath should be Xavier here. This is what I felt about him.