Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Incredible Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    835

    Default

    Normally, he'd be in Blackgate, but they might put him in Arkham becuase of how dangerous he is.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, Flash Forward, and Young Justice.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Normally, he'd be in Blackgate, but they might put him in Arkham becuase of how dangerous he is.
    I normally wouldn't say this, but hand the guy over to Waller.

    Arkham is notorious for the psychos escaping, multiple times. Waller at least keeps a short leash on the prisoners she has, and controversial as her methods may be, she does end up doing ultimately good stuff. And sticking a brain bomb in Bane would certainly keep him in line. And if he didn't comply...

    Well, Bruce wouldn't ever have to worry about Bane again.

  3. #18
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    303

    Default

    At the end of the Forever Evil Arkham War storyline, Bane is placed in a high-security wing in Arkham and I think this is in fact his first depiction as an inmate there (after Knightfall he was sent to Blackgate). The Batman/TMNT comics this movie is based on show him there as well. He is also an Arkham inmate in Kings of Fear and Scott Snyder's Batman #51, and... I think that's it?

  4. #19
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    But Croc is just a really strong guy, there's nothing about him that need some kind of special containment. I like the cannibalism-angle better, or even that he's just seen as a straight up monster and shunted off to Arkham without any real thought from the authorities. Plays into him as a somewhat sympathetic outsider.
    Well, when you get right down to it Bane is also "just a really strong guy."

    Plus modern Croc is a lot bigger and more dangerous then he used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    There are actually a couple of villains, like Riddler, Scare Crow and Penguin that imo don't belong in Arkham. Having a Gimmick or looking strange doesn't make you mentally ill.
    I'm not even sure if the Joker would really count as mentally ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Scarecrow is evil scientist an scary suit and Riddler an eccentric thief who send clues to the police, they are not really mental ill, at least not in way that they are not responsible for their actions.
    When you see how obsessed with fear and manic Crane is, I think he fits perfectly well in Arkham. He's never struck me as a particularly mentally stable person.

    Same with Nygma. I actually like that some stories have Riddler hate being in Arkham because he feels like he shouldn't be in there only to prove he's crazy enough to deserve being in there .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I normally wouldn't say this, but hand the guy over to Waller.

    Arkham is notorious for the psychos escaping, multiple times. Waller at least keeps a short leash on the prisoners she has, and controversial as her methods may be, she does end up doing ultimately good stuff. And sticking a brain bomb in Bane would certainly keep him in line. And if he didn't comply...

    Well, Bruce wouldn't ever have to worry about Bane again.
    I don't think Waller could contain Bane. At least if we're talking Knightfall era Bane.

  5. #20
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,162

    Default

    Penguin has spend time in Arkham. Unless being a greed opportunistic asshole is a mental illness.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    But Croc is just a really strong guy, there's nothing about him that need some kind of special containment. I like the cannibalism-angle better, or even that he's just seen as a straight up monster and shunted off to Arkham without any real thought from the authorities. Plays into him as a somewhat sympathetic outsider.
    On the DC wiki it says Regressive Atavism: Killer Croc is afflicted with what seems to be some form of regressive atavism, meaning he has inherited some of the traits of ancestral species of the human race. Over time the primal reptilian part of his brain gains more control of his psyche., so over time Croc has probably had episodes of attacking people just because of "animal instinct" and can't control it himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Scarecrow is evil scientist an scary suit and Riddler an eccentric thief who send clues to the police, they are not really mental ill, at least not in way that they are not responsible for their actions.
    Scarecrow is a mad scientist who if he went to Blackgate he would probably start doing experiments on his cellmates because of his obsession/fascination with the concept of fear so its probably best to have him in a cell (similar to Hannibal Lector).

    For Riddler, there was one issue where he said he can't stop giving clues/riddles to his crimes and trying to prove hes the smartest person in the room to the point that even he believes he belongs in Arkham.


    As for Bane, you could make a case of his drug addiction to Venom that he goes to Arkham for rehab, also he probably has episodes of him having PTSD of him still being in The Pit as a little kid that he tries to fight every guard, nurse, and other patients trying to escape (kind of like Rambo in the prison cell in First Blood) so combing PTSD and drug addiction inside a dangerous mercenary I say yes.
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

    Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

    Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

    Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    On the DC wiki it says Regressive Atavism: Killer Croc is afflicted with what seems to be some form of regressive atavism, meaning he has inherited some of the traits of ancestral species of the human race. Over time the primal reptilian part of his brain gains more control of his psyche., so over time Croc has probably had episodes of attacking people just because of "animal instinct" and can't control it himself.



    Scarecrow is a mad scientist who if he went to Blackgate he would probably start doing experiments on his cellmates because of his obsession/fascination with the concept of fear so its probably best to have him in a cell (similar to Hannibal Lector).

    For Riddler, there was one issue where he said he can't stop giving clues/riddles to his crimes and trying to prove hes the smartest person in the room to the point that even he believes he belongs in Arkham.


    As for Bane, you could make a case of his drug addiction to Venom that he goes to Arkham for rehab, also he probably has episodes of him having PTSD of him still being in The Pit as a little kid that he tries to fight every guard, nurse, and other patients trying to escape (kind of like Rambo in the prison cell in First Blood) so combing PTSD and drug addiction inside a dangerous mercenary I say yes.
    Have we ever seen a point where Bane's time in the Pit caused flashbacks or other forms of trauma?
    Plus, Venom, while I'm sure it has addictive properties, more poisons the system so that barring a horrific and painful death over a long period of time, the user needs to keep taking it. At least from what I understand. Its not just because its addictive.

  8. #23
    Incredible Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Bane was usually a Blackgate inmate. After Knightfall, he spent a good chunk of time there, until he escaped.

    He avoided prison up to his rematch with Jean Paul who took him in when the Earthquake in Gotham ocurred. I don't know where he was imprisoned, but in No Man's Land he was already free, outside Gotham. He didn't go to prison again in the pre N52 continuity.

    In the New 52, after Arkham War, he went to Arkham while he was through a procedure of detoxing from his last injection of Venom. Both Arkham and Blackgate were in poor shape. I don't know why he was left in Arkham afterwards.

    In Rebirth he went to Arkham because he simulated an almost catatonic state to confuse Batman and play with his mind.

    In the game Arkham Asylum he's in Arkham because they were moving the inmates from Blackgate to the asylum (I don't remember the exact reason why that happened. I think it had to do with a secret plan elaborated by Joker)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

  9. #24
    Amazing Member Valentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Bane is more obsessed and driven than insane. I am going with no as an Arkham patient.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Unlike say, Two Face, who actually has a mental disorder, Bane is just a straight up murderer. He belongs in Blackgate, at the very least. Deathrow, if common sense was had amongst any of the people there.
    Agreed, this would make the most sense given his character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •