Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    They don't see each other for 10 years and spend what 5 days together and decide to get married. Plus the fact that Anakin lust after Padme from the time he was 8 till they meet again when he is 18 is what I find humorous.
    Padme was still as beautiful as ever when he saw her after 10 years. The lusting was expected. The love is what can be debated. It felt more like infatuation than love for Anakin. From Padme's side, she liked him a lot. It is hard to say the two were in love to get married ASAP during Attack of the Clones.

Anakin's sort of more direct proposal was dropped from the arena scene, I think.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Having the same actor play Anakin throughout all three films would have helped a lot. There were lots of problems with the kid Anakin angle, and this was one. He could have easily been the same age as Padme, and still struggled with leaving his mother. Just have him a bit more in a protective role towards her. You're never too old to love your mom.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

I feel like TCW animated show already did that. They felt far more convincingly in-love there, but you could still see Anakin's character flaws creep out that would eventually lead to disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Having the same actor play Anakin throughout all three films would have helped a lot. There were lots of problems with the kid Anakin angle, and this was one. He could have easily been the same age as Padme, and still struggled with leaving his mother. Just have him a bit more in a protective role towards her. You're never too old to love your mom.
    I think that was the original plan, but ultimately Lucas decided it would be more traumatic for Anakin if he was younger.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I have a few points.

1. Less of an age difference. I know this is a minor thing but it does come off as less weird if they are both in thier teens or young adults.

2. Make sure they have more contact with each other. According to the dialogue he's been obsessed with since he was a kid. This despite the fact that they haven't seen each other since TPM. I'm sure the crush was supposed to come off as endearing but it just came off as stalkerish and creepy. So the story suffered from that.

3. Fix the dialogue. The dialogue for the romance was not that good. It was stilted and felt unatural. I think a few retakes could have worked better. I'd also cut out the mentioning of killing children. That really wouldn't help the romance.