Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you prefer Black Canary as a natural blonde, or as a brunette in a wig?

Like it says in the title.

Natural blonde, because...c'mon, she's going to be blonde 98% of the time and everyone thinks of her as a blonde. It's part of her entire visual.

it depends, does she need a secret identity or doesn't she? while just a blonde wig and a sexy outfit isn't a great disguise, it's not something I couldn't suspend my disbelief for as a secret identity. however, personally, I like the idea that she doesn't really have a secret identity so it doesn't matter; kinda like a Jessica Jones or a Bronze Tiger type.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I like her brunette with a wig (not dyed hair), but it's not a big deal. And I do like the secret identity. I'm big on secret identities.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it depends, does she need a secret identity or doesn't she? while just a blonde wig and a sexy outfit isn't a great disguise, it's not something I couldn't suspend my disbelief for as a secret identity. however, personally, I like the idea that she doesn't really have a secret identity so it doesn't matter; kinda like a Jessica Jones or a Bronze Tiger type.
    She has a secret identity in the sense that probably nobody knows who Dinah Lance is but more people probably recognize Black Canary.

But she's also Black Canary pretty much 24/7. I think she's only really, say, "Dinah" in a casual setting with friends.

I guess she is like Bronze Tiger in that sense.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I dig the wig.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She has a secret identity in the sense that probably nobody knows who Dinah Lance is but more people probably recognize Black Canary.

But she's also Black Canary pretty much 24/7. I think she's only really, say, "Dinah" in a casual setting with friends.

I guess she is like Bronze Tiger in that sense.
    true, in that context it's better if she's blonde naturally. just go the full Bronze Tiger/alias rather than secret identity route.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-20-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Brunette with a wig is best. Should have a secret identity so she doesn’t have to be on edge all the time not being able to sleep for fear of an enemy and be able to date Oliver with his secret ID. Also I am in favor of her being Dinah Lance and the daughter of the classic Black Canary. What we have right now I’m not too happy with. Secret identities have been largely discarded in recent years and I think it’s time to bring them back. Also her being a rock star is stupid.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 10-20-2019 at 10:52 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I always wondered about her lack of a secret identity, but for however long I have been reading Black Canary she has never seemed too worried about it. As such, I prefer her with dyed hair.

I prefer the wig.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Natural blonde.

Keep the wig, making her a blonde effectively kills nost non hero supporting casts

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Keep the wig, making her a blonde effectively kills nost non hero supporting casts
    In fairness, she didn't interact with non-superhero people much when she wore a wig. On the other hand, her DCYou book had her with non superhero casts and she was a natural blonde as well as a musician.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Dyed blonde. Best of both narratives. I think she just gives up the wig because it's too much of a chore to keep up with and I also can't imagine she hasn't been "made." She really makes zero effort to conceal her identity. Even Clark changes his posture, wears baggier clothes, has his glasses and pitches his voice up.

For what it's worth, I don't think Ollie is fooling anyone either with that idiosyncratic goatee.

She dyes her hair blonde as she's a natural brunette. Dyed hair is better.