Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

If the character wants to keep a secret identity, she should keep her hair brunette and wear a blonde wig.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    For what it's worth, I don't think Ollie is fooling anyone either with that idiosyncratic goatee.
    Actually, it makes the most sense now considering how popular facial hair has been the past few years. He could operate in some hipster neighborhood where his political views and van dyke (or regular goatee) would fit right in.

Black Canary with the black hair and wig made the most sense when she was a legacy character and had a secret I.D. Because if she isn't trying to carry on her mom's legacy, a wig is a poor choice over a full mask and a wig isn't the most practical as a first choice. (Did they ever say her wig actually had any kind of armored skullcap? Cuz that'd be cool) Other than that, I don't have a strong feeling about it either way. And also, it's hair - she can sometimes cut it short, let it grow, dye it or not, etc. so it's possible she did all during her career.

If the character wants to keep a secret identity, she should keep her hair brunette and wear a blonde wig.
    That's what I like, though I don't have strong feelings on the matter.

Black Canary with the black hair and wig made the most sense when she was a legacy character and had a secret I.D. Because if she isn't trying to carry on her mom's legacy, a wig is a poor choice over a full mask and a wig isn't the most practical as a first choice.
    I fully admit, I like her non-legacy, but why does legacy make the wig make more sense? Then it's just mom having the poor, non-practical choice that daughter inherited. If you think it's a poor choice, it's just moving the origin of the poor choice, not removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I fully admit, I like her non-legacy, but why does legacy make the wig make more sense? Then it's just mom having the poor, non-practical choice that daughter inherited. If you think it's a poor choice, it's just moving the origin of the poor choice, not removing it.
    It makes as much sense as wearing heels and fishnets. No, it doesn't make "real world" sense to wear a wig, but at least if she's trying to look like her mom as Black Canary, her initial motivation at the very least, had an in-story reason and made "comic book sense" is all I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It makes as much sense as wearing heels and fishnets. No, it doesn't make "real world" sense to wear a wig, but at least if she's trying to look like her mom as Black Canary, her initial motivation at the very least, had an in-story reason and made "comic book sense" is all I was saying.
    Right, but then how is her-as-a-first-gen-hero wearing the wig any less sense-making than mom-as-first-gen-hero wearing the wig? I mean, if her mom was a blonde, it'd make sense, I guess, but I'm not aware of that ever being the case.

To be honest I think Green Arrow works with a secret identity more then Black Canary does.

It's just for me...99% of people visualize her being blonde so, I dunno, the wig is just a weird visual for me now.

I like sexy women in fishnet stockings and high heels kickingass
    In my comics
    I also love all the unproven scientific and magical and monsters and talking animals
    And Teen Agers who have stayed back in high school
    For decades

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

THe wig makes sense to me either way.