Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Then you'd need a decent writer and an actual arc that goes somewhere and has not been done to death with Bruce Wayne. Good luck.
    I don't think quality is a major factor in preventing Batman from being on TV. No matter how bad the writing people would still watch it.

WB knows Batman is their most prestigious character, they are picky of when and where they can use him. The Batman name drop referencing in Batwoman will get very irritating soon. Just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Something that easily fits on a TV screen. That was the 1966 Batman TV show. That is Arrow.
    That is Batwoman. But it can't be Batman?
    Nope, not as long as he continues to make bank in movies. Which is okay, if studio execs have blindly decided we can only get one Batman, I'd much rather have a movie than another CW show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nope, not as long as he continues to make bank in movies. Which is okay, if studio execs have blindly decided we can only get one Batman, I'd much rather have a movie than another CW show.
    I was just responding to Vic's post that Batman works better on the big screen and I was citing examples of Bat type characters that work just fine on TV. I realize the movie division is being greedy with Batman and want him all to
    themselves. As far as movies and TV, I would rather have both. The CW is good enough for me because it is free where I live. I like Arrow and Batwoman well enough. I don't know any reason I wouldn't like Batman on the CW.
    I even enjoyed Gotham on Fox.

I was just responding to Vic's post that Batman works better on the big screen and I was citing examples of Bat type characters that work just fine on TV. I realize the movie division is being greedy with Batman and want him all to
    themselves. As far as movies and TV, I would rather have both. The CW is good enough for me because it is free where I live. I like Arrow and Batwoman well enough. I don't know any reason I wouldn't like Batman on the CW.
    Oh I would prefer having both too, and I wasn't knocking the CW, just saying if we have to have one or the other I'd rather have the movies. But in an ideal world we'd get a show and the movies. Also I was using CW to kind of temper people's expectations as to the quality of show we would most likely get, since most people go on and on about a dream Netflix or HBO Batman show, which would be less likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh I would prefer having both too, and I wasn't knocking the CW, just saying if we have to have one or the other I'd rather have the movies. But in an ideal world we'd get a show and the movies. Also I was using CW to kind of temper people's expectations as to the quality of show we would most likely get, since most people go on and on about a dream Netflix or HBO Batman show, which would be less likely to happen.
    Yeah, I don't thing Batman is edgy enough for HBO, or even Netflix. And I don't think anyone else has the money of a broadcast network, even the CW, and are still willing to have a show like this. Can't see this on CBS or NBC.
    And ABC is owned by Disney. We were lucky to get Gotham on Fox and Fox seems to be moving away from scripted shows. Pretty much every other DC superhero type show on broadcast TV outside of Fox and CW has flopped
    in recent times. Supergirl, Constantine, Powerless, all failed to get an audience. Lois & Clark was the last broadcast show to last more than one season on the Big Three.

Yeah, I don't thing Batman is edgy enough for HBO, or even Netflix. And I don't think anyone else has the money of a broadcast network, even the CW, and are still willing to have a show like this. Can't see this on CBS or NBC.
    And ABC is owned by Disney. We were lucky to get Gotham on Fox and Fox seems to be moving away from scripted shows. Pretty much every other DC superhero type show on broadcast TV outside of Fox and CW has flopped
    in recent times. Supergirl, Constantine, Powerless, all failed to get an audience. Lois & Clark was the last broadcast show to last more than one season on the Big Three.
    Edit: Nevermind, reading is fundamental.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Batman works better on the big and small screen if written well. CW won't put Batman on the small screen for reasons I don't know. It can't be because of cost and expense. Supergirl should be more expensive. The Arrowverse should stop bringing up Batman if he is never going to appear soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Batman works better on the big and small screen if written well. CW won't put Batman on the small screen for reasons I don't know. It can't be because of cost and expense. Supergirl should be more expensive. The Arrowverse should stop bringing up Batman if he is never going to appear soon enough.
    The movie division has higher priority on the characters than the TV division. And at this point in time the movie division is keeping Batman and some of the other bigger characters to themselves. That is why we never
    saw Joker on Gotham, too big a character. Never really saw Selina as Catwoman either until the last episode. They even pulled all the Suicide Squad members off of Arrow because of the Suicide Squad movie.
    The Slade Wilson Deathstroke is also now off limits for Arrow. It was sort of a miracle they got to use Superman and Lex Luthor on TV.

Idk if I'd want to see Batman on the CW. I like the CW shows for what they are but they feel too low budget for the Bat. If it was on HBO or something with the comparable budget, I'd be absolutely down though

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Idk if I'd want to see Batman on the CW. I like the CW shows for what they are but they feel too low budget for the Bat. If it was on HBO or something with the comparable budget, I'd be absolutely down though
    The CW has the budget for a Batwoman show. How would a Batman show be any more expensive? And Supergirl is probably more expensive than a Batman show would need to be. If the CW can afford those two, they could afford Batman.

The CW has the budget for a Batwoman show. How would a Batman show be any more expensive? And Supergirl is probably more expensive than a Batman show would need to be. If the CW can afford those two, they could afford Batman.
    I don't think either of those shows really capture their full potential. I'm not saying you couldn't make a Batman show on the CW but I'd rather it be on a channel/streaming site that allowed more money to be spent on costumes, effects, CGI etc..

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Which kind of is what I said earlier - Every time the topic of a TV show comes up everyone jumps on the Netflix/HBO thing, which is possible but honestly not even a quarter as likely as us getting a CW show. So, careful what you wish for.

Meanwhile Superman is now getting a CW show it seems, which makes me worry the odds of a Superman movie in the next ten years may have just plummeted...